4'x8'x6'8" tent , 2 doubled ended 1000 watt hps

Doubledouble

Looking to get maximum yeild , should I be using led or hps for this size tent ?

Is my height too little for 2 1000watt de hps?

Planning on growing 8 plants , 4 under a light , this better for yeild or should I double plants ? Or would it be about the same

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

4'x8'x6'8" tent , 2 doubled ended 1000 watt hps

You can't use 1000w DE bulbs in a tent, you can't even use them with a typical 8' basement ceiling without growing via SCROG nets near the floor. If you must use a tent, you'll need to go with standard HIDs. DE's typically sit ++30" above the canopy & in a tent that won't end well for the plants, which will get cooked.

Why not the double end? Is the heat an issue ? Looking for maximum yeild, and the double ended are supposed to be the most powerfull on the market right now

The simple answer: Light poisoning. DE bulbs put out of a veritable fuckton of light. A 1000w, regular HID bulb covers a 4'x4' to 5'x5' square, prime, with about 40" of canopy penetration from the bulb. A 1000w DE bulb covers 7'x7' (++40% MORE area) prime, and about a 60" canopy penetration (from bulb) (50% MORE penetration)
Ask your local grow store clerk about a 1000w DE in a tent, and watch the hipster behind the counter choke on his vape juice trying not to laugh..
DE lights aren't for beginning growers unless you've got a friend well versed in their use. They can yield considerably more per watt than vanilla HIDs, (I've seen +5 lbs. from a single plant under a Gavita 1000w DE) but you have to have the proper environment to run them and a tent simply won't do.

The simple answer: Light poisoning. DE bulbs put out of a veritable fuckton of light. A 1000w, regular HID bulb covers a 4'x4' to 5'x5' square, prime, with about 40" of canopy penetration from the bulb. A 1000w DE bulb covers 7'x7' (++40% MORE area) prime, and about a 60" canopy penetration (from bulb) (50% MORE penetration)
Ask your local grow store clerk about a 1000w DE in a tent, and watch the hipster behind the counter choke on his vape juice trying not to laugh..
DE lights aren't for beginning growers unless you've got a friend well versed in their use. They can yield considerably more per watt than vanilla HIDs, (I've seen +5 lbs. from a single plant under a Gavita 1000w DE) but you have to have the proper environment to run them and a tent simply won't do.

Thanks. I was thinking they would be too powerful for a tent, I'll save them for my future grow room I guess.

I'll use 2 regular hid 1000w. For a tent would you recommend adjust a wing , or a air cooled reflector? The tent will be in a basement which will be quite cold for most of the year. But I will be running a portable ac to keep things on point

Thanks. I was thinking they would be too powerful for a tent, I'll save them for my future grow room I guess.

I'll use 2 regular hid 1000w. For a tent would you recommend adjust a wing , or a air cooled reflector? The tent will be in a basement which will be quite cold for most of the year. But I will be running a portable ac to keep things on point

In tents you're always micromanaging the environment, so, air cooled hoods. If you want extra heat in the tent, turn off the air cooling inline fan, etc.
An example: In a room that's 60°f, a 4x8 tent w/a 1000w HPS median temp is about 67°f, so the bulb adds +7°f.
Humidity in tents can be a pisser, too. With plants transpiring 80% RH is easy to see, and 50%RH is prime, so, one usually vents, pulling air FROM a floor vent, and OUT of a roof vent. Unless the room you're in suffers from shite RH, then you'll need a dehumidifier. Which carries its own issues as it removes water from the air but exhausts heat. When you go to configure this whole shebang, hit me up & I'll try to walk you through any confusing configuration issues, rather than talk about shitloads of variables now that you might not even experience.

In tents you're always micromanaging the environment, so, air cooled hoods. If you want extra heat in the tent, turn off the air cooling inline fan, etc.
An example: In a room that's 60°f, a 4x8 tent w/a 1000w HPS median temp is about 67°f, so the bulb adds +7°f.
Humidity in tents can be a pisser, too. With plants transpiring 80% RH is easy to see, and 50%RH is prime, so, one usually vents, pulling air FROM a floor vent, and OUT of a roof vent. Unless the room you're in suffers from shite RH, then you'll need a dehumidifier. Which carries its own issues as it removes water from the air but exhausts heat. When you go to configure this whole shebang, hit me up & I'll try to walk you through any confusing configuration issues, rather than talk about shitloads of variables now that you might not even experience.

Awesome thank you.

Back
Top Bottom