Moving Into A Grow Tent

renshi

Concerned about odor, I plan on moving my seven dwarf auto into a 3'x3'x6' Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent with the basic bells and whistles. Anything in particular I should be Leary of in doing so?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Concerned about odor, I plan on moving my seven dwarf auto into a 3'x3'x6' Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent with the basic bells and whistles. Anything in particular I should be Leary of in doing so?

i have a MARS HYDRO tent as well, its a tad bigger but the tents are fitted for inline duct fans as well as scrubbers. given the size of the tent i couldnt imagine to many plants growing so your smell shouldnt be as strong as you may assume. you may be able to save money by getting a few plug in air filters or even the gels. be careful for the gels you dont want them in the same room as flowers because the scent will attach to the bud and will not leave.

i have a MARS HYDRO tent as well, its a tad bigger but the tents are fitted for inline duct fans as well as scrubbers. given the size of the tent i couldnt imagine to many plants growing so your smell shouldnt be as strong as you may assume. you may be able to save money by getting a few plug in air filters or even the gels. be careful for the gels you dont want them in the same room as flowers because the scent will attach to the bud and will not leave.

Yeah, I have the 6" in line fan and carbon scrubber coming as well. Probably over engineering the problem. This is werei am as if this morning.
420-magazine-mobile1705829761.jpg

that will be a tight squeeze, i would start to flower asap. they are probably due to grow another 1.5-2 ft during that stage. i had to do quite the bending to create a canopy that would keep LED 12-18 inches from top. not sure if you got the LED from MARS as well but those things are powerful, they will bleach your plants if not kept at the recommended distance. some even shoot for a further distance depending on strain. soil is fun but i would also look into hydroponic you will grow 2x faster 2xbetter and 2x easier. it sounds like a gimmick or someone just more fond of hydroponic but i guarantee the results will be astonishing in comparisons.

I may move one or more of the pots outdoors if it is too tight.
No, here is my light set up which I had hoped to port over to the Hydro Tent.
* 4 - Bayco 150-Watt Incandescent Portable Work Light Item # 203213 Model # FL-300NPDQ12
* 4 - Project Source 660-Watt Ivory Medium Light Socket Adapter Item # 49202 Model # 6506 - allows 2 bulbs per lamp
* 2 - SYLVANIA 4-Pack 100 W Equivalent Natural Daylight A19 CFL Light Fixture Light Bulbs Item # 778109 Model # 26346
Hydroponic does intrigue me but as this was/is my first grow I wanted to start with what I thought I knew a little bit about.

Day 27: Trying a little training before the tent gets here. Grow looks good, great color, signs of flowering starting which I would guess would be within this week from what I have read in other journals.
420-magazine-mobile601746009.jpg
420-magazine-mobile491359315.jpg

OK, I may be way over my skis now...
Grow tent arrived. I think I can set it up. But the iPower GLFILT6M Air Carbon Filter is much bigger than I thought (about the size of a waste paper basket and heavy too) and arrived without instructions at all. So I think these are my questions:
1. Going back on Amazon, I found a picture re setup. So I think I am going to hang the carbon filter with the filter bag slipped over it inside the tent. Clearly the filter has to be vented outside the tent, probably using 6" duct tubing, right? Question: pros and cons of placing the 6" fan inside vs outside the tent?
2. What do you use to hang the filter from the tent frame? I see some videos using straps of some sort. What type are recommended?
3. My tent is in a large utility room that has a door with small vents in it to a hallway. The utility room has the house' hot water heater, air handling systems, significant cable plant for electronics, and the pool equipment for the pool out back. (I know, first world problem to be sure, no idea why builder put pool filter system in the house). Question, how critical is fresh air intake for the grow tent? The ambient air in the utility room is ok but perhaps not optimal for growing conditions.
4. Lastly, how critical to vent the scrubber air outside of the utility room? Given that the carbon scrubber removes the odor et al, can it just vent the air into the utility room from whence it originated? I suppose I can open the utility room periodically to the outside and use a fan to bring some additional fresh air in but that isn't optimal in the winter.

Thanks for all your assistance.

Back
Top Bottom