Good bottled nutrients with low salt content?

TheFertilizer

So I have been needing to buy some new bottles of Flora Nova, but I have been thinking of moving away from the stuff because of how salty it is. My pots always need to be flushed out after a little while.

I want to find a similar two part line of nutrients that won't build salts up into my soil. I have been reading up about Earth Juice and it seems pretty good, but it also seems like I need to get the big "5 pack" of nutrients to get the best results out of it.

Anyway, I'm just tired of salt content building up so fast in my pots. Earth Juice seems really well priced too, but is it really less likely to build up salts? Are their any other nutrients like it to consider?

Most if not all the base chemical nutes are dissolved salts. The main trick is to run minimum 20% runoff and use straight water every other watering and u should be fine.

I started with Earth juice on my last grow and switched to the flora trio due to PH issues with the EJ Bloom. If u do decide to use EJ I'd advise doing the following.
1) Use a real soil mix not straight promix or coco. With organic nutes u want all the microbes working in there.

2) Buy an air stone/ pump and bubble your nute mixture 24 hours before feed. This oxygenates and lowers PH.

3) Watch your PH before feeding. The EJ bloom is super acidic out of the bottle.

Most if not all the base chemical nutes are dissolved salts. The main trick is to run minimum 20% runoff and use straight water every other watering and u should be fine.

I started with Earth juice on my last grow and switched to the flora trio due to PH issues with the EJ Bloom. If u do decide to use EJ I'd advise doing the following.
1) Use a real soil mix not straight promix or coco. With organic nutes u want all the microbes working in there.

2) Buy an air stone/ pump and bubble your nute mixture 24 hours before feed. This oxygenates and lowers PH.

3) Watch your PH before feeding. The EJ bloom is super acidic out of the bottle.

I've been Flora Nova pretty much like that, alternating between water and nutes, and it still ends up with salt build-ups. I'm not sure if I really understand what 20% runoff means though. Is that 20% of the container volume, 20% of what you just fed it, etc. Either way I've let so much runoff I pretty much fill my trays and I still end up getting salt buildup. Tried switching to another kind of nutrient too but it doesn't even have everything that Flora Nova has in it, and is still salty.

Leaving it out to aerate for 24 hours isn't really a big deal to me compared to having to flush my pots out every couple of weeks. Plus I always inoculate mysoil with probiotics, so I don't think it really makes much sense to using harsh synthetics like Flora Nova in that case.

It's not that I"m really looking for something "organic" ( really could not care less about GMOs or ORMI or any of that shit ), but just something with low enough slat content that it will stop building up, killing my beneficial bacteria and cooking my roots.

Well I picked up almost the full line today. I got the Grow, Bloom, Catalyst, Micro-Blast, Oily Cann, Bloom Master, and their natural Up and Down. I skipped the Meta-K since I already have Armor Si silicate phosphate supplement to use, and I doubt I'll be using it enough to cause salt build up.

Got a small pump and some air stones to git into the gallon jugs I like to use and am letting it air out now.

Back
Top Bottom