CFL Grow - Flowering - PK7+5?

AlohaFarmer

420 Member
Aloha growers out there(;

I have a few questions according my Lady. Her name is Newcomer.

Strain: Power Flower from RQS, 8-9 weeks flowering

I did some LST during vegitation and tried to get an even canopy. I actually tried to SGROG but I do not know how I did...?

Her age: 14 weeks since I put the seed in soil.

veg. stage: about 7 weeks

flowerong stage: right now in week 8 (since switch to 12/12)

Lights: CFL(2700K for flowering)

Nutritions during flowering: NPK 3+3+4

My Questions:
Should I use my PK 7+5 now?
Are by buds looking good for growing under CFLs?
For the first time SGROGing, how is it?
any other suggestions?!(;

Here are some pictures with Dates:
as long you see two plants, just focus on the left one. the right one became a male and I had to remove him.

First week of flowering.
420-magazine-mobile456873319.jpg

second week of flowering
420-magazine-mobile57554392.jpg

3. week of fl.
420-magazine-mobile1098355727.jpg

4. week of fl.
420-magazine-mobile1986388168.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1280067759.jpg

5. week of fl.
420-magazine-mobile590708604.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1312779624.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1004016343.jpg

6. week of fl.
420-magazine-mobile1474731552.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2014346559.jpg

420-magazine-mobile691205113.jpg

7. week of fl.
420-magazine-mobile735226701.jpg

420-magazine-mobile803832260.jpg

420-magazine-mobile917935556.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1224319051.jpg

ps. I really hope the pictures won't be turned wrong...

Mahalo for any comment(;

pleease guuuys... give me some advice.
it took me quite a while to set up the post and I would love to get some of your knowledge.
I would be very pleased and thankful (:)

Aloha

Im a newbie using cfl as well,i just started though as i am on week 3. Im using a mix of 2700 and 5000. Throughout the whole grow, idk know what you mean by p k so i cant help you but i suggest you repost if you have to till you get a answer,also post this same post on other board topics that relate to your title.
Srry i cant help you but thank you for the inspiration, u know i can get some good results with jus cfl....
20170328_054114.jpg
20170328_054201.jpg

please help, i have to water them today. pk 7+5 - jes or no?

Aloha

great looking plant! :goodjob: watering with pk 7 plus 5 should be great at this stage. just watch the tips and only dose them with half the recommended dose the first feed. u can water feed, water feed. or feed, water, water, feed... just don't over do it.

great looking plant! :goodjob: watering with pk 7 plus 5 should be great at this stage. just watch the tips and only dose them with half the recommended dose the first feed. u can water feed, water feed. or feed, water, water, feed... just don't over do it.
Thank you for your answer.

I pour her every second day with half of the recommended NPK 3+3+4 Bloom fertilizer.
Do you think it would be too much if I give her every time I pour the half of the recommended PK 7+5?

Aloha

Better off to water only between feedings...nice job working with CFL's..think you might have been able to put your lights a lil closer to the plants...nevertheless...good work...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:...Welcome to :420:
Thx thx ((;
I just took the light a lil further away to do pictures. Usually the distance is between 2 to 6 inches.
Do my buds look normal in size for CFL?

Aloha

ok good(;
The total true wattage is 6x27W = 162W.
I just couldn't figure out what you mean with "Better off to water only between feedings..."
would you please explain me that in other words?
and do you think it is good to feed the PK 7+5 even if I probably harvest them in about 4 weeks.
I will upload some new pics later on.

Aloha

Hey AlohaFarmer, I'm a bit of a newb too but I think I can answer your question. "Better off to water only between feedings" I think he means give her the nutes, then plain water at all other times. I'm not sure of your feeding schedule but as an example, I have to water every second to third day but I only feed once every two weeks, the rest of the time she is getting plain water (actually tap water).

Also when you are getting to end of flower you may not want to use any nutes. Have a search for "flushing" but as I understand it if you are growing in soil (I'm pretty sure from the pics you are), then you only give water for the last two weeks before harvest so the plant uses up any nutrients left over in the soil. It is supposed to produce a better smoking and tasting bud.

hmm ok. I think I got it. thank you.
That with the flushing is clear to me(;

Nevertheless I am wondering how I should feed my girl now. I probably will water-feed-water-feed... and for feed I will still use the NPK(3-3-4) and in addition from now on NPK(0-7-5) half of the recommended dossage each. how does that sound?

As I said, up to now I just gave her half of the recommended dossage of the flower nutes NPK(3-3-4) every second day (3/4 of a gallon). I use tap water as well.

I would be awesome if some CFL growers would join that tread, especially for the comming weeks and for harvest. last time I grew I had the problem that the trichs never really changed color and I still do not know why they did not... (luckily smoke was good though) Would love to be given some experiences according that, from every grower of course(;
so feel free to invite any growers who could help and/or could be interested in that.

mahalo

Shouldn't need any more nitrogen...just the 0-7-5...then plain water for the last ten/14 days...the more light you can add will only add to results in the future as long as you have the environment dialed in as well...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

She's looking good! I started with cfl's and just recently switched to an led for flowering. My plant started to take a shit so considering going back to cfl's. I still use them for veg though. I'd like to see your yields with your setup. Subbed

aight h00k. just the 0-7-5
hey Doggie(; are you growing the first time with CFLs?

Here are some recent pictures.
Week 8 of flower
420-magazine-mobile671206611.jpg

420-magazine-mobile979625969.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1474622396.jpg

420-magazine-mobile854002928.jpg

these two pictures from the trichs are from a bud which is right in front of a fan.
420-magazine-mobile1483839042.jpg

420-magazine-mobile570675694.jpg

There are a little few amber trichs... Is that a sign that they are ready to harvest soon?

I started with cfl's and just recently switched to an led. The temps are much lower but directly after I installed it my lady started exhibiting all kinds of CalMag deficiencies and some light burn. Probably just my newb ass figuring things out still. How many weeks are you into flowering? Here's a couple pics of my 2 setups. Trying to go perpetual. Nevermind the app is all fucked up. Maybe tomorrow morning. Your lady looks great btw.

My first grow bagseed cfl mini box

update:
week 9 of flower
420-magazine-mobile859613087.jpg

420-magazine-mobile992246654.jpg

I know I just started with the PK fertilizer but I stoped now with the nutritions. I feel harvest is closer than I thought. So I decided to flush them for the last 2 weeks.

the majority of the trichs from the top buds are cloudy. And some of them are turning amber thats why I decided to flush.

I really hope it is not too early to stop feeding them.
If you think it is too early, please tell me. asap(;

Back
Top Bottom