New grower needing major help

Cancer578

Using well water:

I Started off from a clone and was feeding with 7.5 ph (not knowing) in a solo cup, I have given straight ph 6.0 water twice and a week later moved them into 7 inch pots and fed nutes at 6.0 ph once.

I first noticed The leaves turned dark green at the beginning and started curling down then a few of the edges looked a little yellow and then brown and now purple. The stems are also purple.

The lights,humidifier and fan are on 18 and off 6 the filter is on 24 hours.

Any suggestions and advice are greatly appreciated.

20170404_115559.jpg

Hey there! Your photo didn't show up... and I think *all* the info (soil, lights, environment, etc) will help diagnose. I've noticed youll get a lot more responses with the proper information from more experienced growers... they can't yell you what to look for if they dont know what you're working with... I'm only on my first grow but eager to learn. There are some "what not to do" threads that helped me. Good luck with your endeavor!

My guess is overwatering... But I am brand new to this & you should research it yourself. Don't let me steer you wrong! I started from a clone as well & I've only watered twice in nearly a month (but that's because I made a newb mistake with getting the wrong soil). Reading reading reading will help you, I promise.

What Strain is it?GG#4

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Sativa

How Many Plants? 2

Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Vegetative

If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? 2 weeks

Indoor or Outdoor? Indoors

Soil or Hydro? Soil

If Soil... What is in your Mix? Pro mix and grow stone

If Soil... What Size Pot? 7 inch

Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 1200 watt Meizhi led pulling 387watts

Is it Air Cooled? Yes

Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 76.5

RH of Room/Cabinet? 45

PH of Medium or Reservoir? 6.2

Any Pests? None that I see

How Often are you Watering? 2-3 days

Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? Sensi Grow

Size or Square Footage of Room? 3x3x6 tent.

Just don't get discouraged & don't add anything until you figure it out! I've read many a journal where plants waaaay further gone than yours has bounced back with some proper information & love!

Just don't get discouraged & don't add anything until you figure it out! I've read many a journal where plants waaaay further gone than yours has bounced back with some proper information & love!
For sure! I saw a journal where the guy dropped his light on a plant and split it in two, he tied it together and finished his grow, these plants are survivors

I would say back off on the watering. They need water when they need water. At 2 weeks of veg it should be closer to every 4 or 5 days. Pick up the pot after watering to get feel for how heavy it is wet. When dry enough to need watering that 7" pot will be pretty darn light. If you're feeding nutes on any manufacturers schedule you'll want to go no higher than 50% strength until you see how they're reacting.

I've run GG#4 a few times. Be ready to provide a lot of support with bamboo stakes or a net. Stalks are super thin and the buds super heavy. I've had them drooping completely horizontal by week 5 of flower. You're gonna like to results though!

If ypur stems are turning purple you may have a phosphorus lock out, as purple stems, are usually an indication, but not always. Water her maybe once a week, If that, as clones or seedlings don't need much h20 at all.
Like someone else said, don't get discouraged as this is the tip of the iceberg, as far as problems are concerned but you took the first step and asked for help which a lot of people fail to do, like me, lol.

If ypur stems are turning purple you may have a phosphorus lock out, as purple stems, are usually an indication, but not always. Water her maybe once a week, If that, as clones or seedlings don't need much h20 at all.
Like someone else said, don't get discouraged as this is the tip of the iceberg, as far as problems are concerned but you took the first step and asked for help which a lot of people fail to do, like me, lol.
I have well water that is high in iron would that cause the lock out?

Just an update on my sick ones.
The picture on the left was 1 week ago the right and bottom ones are current.

They are just now feeling dry enough to water, I am going to switch to RO water and add calmag along with the advance nutes and see if they will straighten up.
420-magazine-mobile1694503203.jpg

Back
Top Bottom