Need to promote root growth - Help me!!

TheKillZombie

I have recently acquired 3 plants from an old hydro setup, the root systems on all were dwindling at best. and one is almost non existent. they seem to be doing ok, i just know there not getting the nutrients they need because of the lack of roots. the question is simply this.

The plants have been in the dirt for 2 weeks now and seem to be surviving

I need to be able to promote root growth without burning the plants with nutes, im using yard soil that is great for
tomatoes, and have added coffee grounds and Molasses tea to the water cycle. only one watering with the tea.
you might notice that im broke XD hense the grounds and molasses, im trying my best to save the girls but i know they need more roots. I need to know what house hold items i can use, or simply buy with little budget. PLEASE HELP!

Re: Need to promote Root Growth HELP ME !!!!!!

The best way to give roots an opportunity that thrive is to not overwater. Roots do best when the soil is just moist- kind of on the dry side of moist.
Look into 'beneficial teas' aka compost teas. They're easy and cheap to make.

The best way to give roots an opportunity that thrive is to not overwater. Roots do best when the soil is just moist- kind of on the dry side of moist.
Look into 'beneficial teas' aka compost teas. They're easy and cheap to make.

The information about the watering was helpful thank you but i truely from the depths of my soal hate useing google to try and find the "correct" info about nutes because i feel some might try to want to harm my plants

Compost teas are not generally commercially available- they're just a way to brew up a concoction which increases the amount of beneficial bacteria in the roots zone. Hard to mess them up too badly. You'll find a million recipes and they're probably all fine to use.
If you don't use google then it just means the people who are trying to help you have to do it for you. That's ok sort of- let me know if there's something specific and if I'm not too frantically busy in life to go look, I might know where there's some info...

Compost teas are not generally commercially available- they're just a way to brew up a concoction which increases the amount of beneficial bacteria in the roots zone. You'll find a million recipes and they're probably all fine to use.

this isnt helping me XD

The information about the watering was helpful thank you but i truely from the depths of my soal hate useing google to try and find the "correct" info about nutes because i feel some might try to want to harm my plants

Why would anyone care enough to make a fake video to harm YOUR plants...I think you're getting too paranoid man. Some research is better than no research.

Why would anyone care enough to make a fake video to harm YOUR plants...I think you're getting too paranoid man. Some research is better than no research.

yea ill give you that. i was just saying that was the point of the post was for yous to help me, you dont think i tried google already? i got helpful hints yes, but like this seemed the better option

Back
Top Bottom