Lets see who our oldest forum grower is - What's your age?

Curly Beaver

This morning I got to thinking about what a great past time my "garden" has been for me since I retired. I spend so many hours a day fiddle farting around with my plants that I don't know what I'd be doing if I didn't have them.

Of course, that led me to think about age;)

So who's the oldest grower on the forum? I am 67 but I can still handle 5-7 gallon pots just fine. If needed, I can also move 20 gallon freshly watered pots but they're outside and I use a 1949 Ford 8N tractor.:blunt:

Re: Lets see who's our oldest forum grower - what's your age?

Gotcha by a few...69yrs old here...Retired a while back and love my new hobby!

70 and after 46 years I may finally retire from my criminal life if the Canadian government actually lives up to their election promise.

Respect to the big seven zero! Me, I turn 63 in a week. I had just assumed that I was the oldest fiddle farter here and that I was surrounded by nothing but gen Xers and millennials. On reflection, of course it makes sense that hippies and their kids are here too. :)

BTW, I attempted my first grow in 1970 in a remote corner of my parents' basement using a 24" Gro Lux fluorescent tube in a fixture "borrowed" from under a counter in my mom's kitchen. When my father discovered my grow, he told me that he had wanted to replace the seedlings with marigolds but my mother had vetoed that.

Peace, love, and happy horticulture to all!

Back
Top Bottom