Problem with closet grow

drealz

Strain -Rando bag seed (First Time grow just looking for some hands on experience)

# of Plants - 1

Grow Type - Soil

Grow Stage - Flowering

Bucket Size - think its a couple gallon bucket

Lights - (1) Anjeet 300W LED Panel Grow Light Hydroponic System Full Spectrum For Indoor Plant Veg and Flower Replace HPS Lamp

Nutrients - some food that I picked up from walmart tells me to spray 2 squirts with every water but i spray 2 every other and sometimes lay off now because of brown spots on the leafs.

Medium - miricle grow from walmart.

PPM -

PH - not sure how to check fully although I know it should be around 6.5-7.5ish I have a 3-in-1 reader but don't understand 100% on how to check ph,ppm, and rh

RH -

Room Temperature -70 to 84

Solution Temperature -65 to 69

Room Square Footage - closet space

Pests - None Known, seen spider mites around it but killed them off and really haven't seen any since and I look all over the area and plant.

Please be nice I know walmart is not the best place but I didn't have the funds for fancy stuff.
Still reading on some e-books I have bookmarked but there is so much to read that I figured that getting my hands dirty! :thumb:

tl:dr - I think the brown spots was from too much nutes so I flushed and lowered how much I add. Will that keep the plant from dying? Second there is a leaf at the bottom that's a darker green now and kind of shriveling up but looks alive still, what is causing that?

Brown Spots On Leafs
41544.jpg

Far Over-View
22493.jpg

Over-View
51240.jpg

Over-View
31999.jpg

Over-view
16848.jpg

Thanks for your time and help!

Hi, I get it about funding, but, MG has time release nutes in it...That's why most growers stay away from it...
Since you are somewhat locked in to MG right now, it is important not to be using any MORE nutes at present.
See how the upper leaves are curling up? I believe your LED fixture is too close...should be no closer than 18" during Veg.
Perlite is needed to help drain any soil. It is not terribly expensive and can be reused a few times..
Additionally, it appears that the poor thing is drowning..Establish a good watering regimen by letting the soil dryout before watering again..
Hope this helps and good luck w/ your grow:):high-five:

Hi, I get it about funding, but, MG has time release nutes in it...That's why most growers stay away from it...
Since you are somewhat locked in to MG right now, it is important not to be using any MORE nutes at present.
See how the upper leaves are curling up? I believe your LED fixture is too close...should be no closer than 18" during Veg.
Perlite is needed to help drain any soil. It is not terribly expensive and can be reused a few times..
Additionally, it appears that the poor thing is drowning..Establish a good watering regimen by letting the soil dry out before watering again..
Hope this helps and good luck w/ your grow:):high-five:

Hey thanks for the quick response! I figured the led might be too close so last night I raised it up.
also plant has just started flowering about 6 days ago.Also I use this 3 in 1 meter and have been keeping it in the green area not red for overwatered plants.
I usually water daily because I go by the water meter to tell me if the plant needs more water.

613-9jb0M5L_SL1000_.jpg

This is the meter I bought

and the newer light is a 300W LED Panel Grow Light Hydroponic System Full Spectrum For Indoor Plant Veg and Flower

Just got these a week ago so I might have overwatered before in veg stage but I think I've been doing better unless I should be watering a ton longer.

Sounds like you have got it handled..I also use a water meter like the one you bought..Saves a lot of heartache! :)
I usually WAIT, until the meter goes into the red (plants roots like to dry out, and then seek moisture when finally watered)

Sounds like you have got it handled..I also use a water meter like the one you bought..Saves a lot of heartache! :)
I usually WAIT, until the meter goes into the red (plants roots like to dry out, and then seek moisture when finally watered)

Man you helped a lot on the guidence thanks for the time you took to reply to my question!
and yeah I guess my problem might have been that I would just keep it in the green not letting it dry out just habbit of trying to keep a already healthy plant, healthy lol!

Also any help on checking ph, Like do I check both the water I'm going to be using and the soil ph on the already in use soil? Just not very clear on the instructions.

Helping is always a pleasure:)I know these $10 items add up fast! A cheapo PH pen is under $15 at Amaz**..My grow shop recommended ph of 6.3-6.5 for soil...
My results have shocked me thus far! :) Picture taken this am, as I continue my LowStressTraining..I like them short and squat unlike my women!:jawdropper:

4-14-17.jpg

Haha the puns! anyways so I should mainly check the waters ph before I water? and That is so cool that you can manage your plants and keep them from growing tall. Mine seems to love to sprout as close as it can to the light! I've moved it up recently to give the plant some room and still keeping on a 12-12 or 13 hour schedule.

Also what Is your recomendation on pots for the plants from beginning stage to finish. I can tell that the plant should not be in the pot I put it in, was really difficult to transplant from one pot to the other lol!

I use Smart 5 gallon cloth pots (I think maybe $5 each + saucer)...They can be reused a couple of times by putting them in a washing machine, but no dryer.
Transplanting becomes a royal PIA as the plants get larger (root balls become huge!). I would bet your lady is rootbound by now.I transplanted my gals just once when going from solo cups then directly into their permanent home ( I swear by Superthrive to prevent shock) Old school be me!:)
Since getting my PH pen, I check the water each time before watering or feeding...( Ph varies greatly when I feed nutes, needs a decent dose of PH Down)..I know more $$:( I use RO water, mixed w/ 25% tap water to keep Calcium/ Magnesium at acceptable levels).
No measuring for Ca/Mg, so I let the plants tell me if I need more..Our tap water is very hard)..Our RH is so low (like 10% in the summer), that I needed to out a humidifier in the grow room..Raised the Tent RH to like 50-60%
BTW: I am in Reno Nevada where I can grow up to 6 usable plants, and stay on the right side of the Policia. Our laws changed for the better Jan 1, 2017

Back
Top Bottom