Help! My plants look worse every day!

JPinkman

I've asked for help in my grow journal, but with the signatures not working Im not sure it gets much traffic, so I'm trying here. Please help, Ive pretty much maxed out my budget, including some pricey seeds and I really can't afford to have them all die just to try again using trial and error.

What Strain is it? Freedom Dream, White Widow, Bubba Kush
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Hybrid, Hybrid, Indica
How Many Plants?7-3-3
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Vegetative
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? 4 weeks old
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor tent
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If Soil... What is in your Mix? Promix HP/EWC 4:1
If Soil... What Size Pot? Solo cups with drainage holes cut
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 600W MH x1
Is it Air Cooled? Yes
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 22-24C
RH of Room/Cabinet? High 40s low 50s
PH of Medium or Reservoir? Unknown. I was advised my soil blend would self balance PH
Any Pests? No
How Often are you Watering? "Lift method" aprox x2/week
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? BioCanna Organics BioVega 1ml/L, Advanced Nutrients Cal/Mag 1ml/L
Size or Square Footage of Room? 4x4x6.5 tent

PICS TO FOLLOW

I really hope someone can chime in and help me out, this is my first time and while I look forward to many years of learning and hopefully helping others, I also count on this to treat my pain cant afford a total failure. The leaves seem to be spotting and turning yellow from the bottom up, the oldest leaves dying off first. It looks a little the pics Ive seen of nitrogen deficiency, so maybe I up the dosage of my nutes? Im at a loss...

420-magazine-mobile332693050.jpg

420-magazine-mobile978326534.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1151883236.jpg

At first look are they rootbound Maybe time to go to larger pots . A PH meter is your friend believe me .... We use the Bio Canna as well with great results. Remove those yellow leaves transplant to bigger pots and check your PH you will be fine .. That Rhizotonic is some great stuff as well ...

First of all 4 wks is way to long to be in a solo cup.
This may be true that your soil has buffer agents and the like in it to control pH, but its a good idea to keep an eye on pH for sound mind as it is critical in maintaining a healthy garden.
Hanna and Milwaukee make solid meters.

With the size of your plants it's most likely nitrogen deficiency they have a yellowish color and you're already getting yellow leaves and having to pull them is it starting from the bottom or from the top

Sounds like you have two problems nitrogen deficiency rootbound if you change pot and then start watering again it's very possible it will up your nitrogen level

I agree with what everyone else said. In addition, you have 13 plants in a 4x4x6.5 tent? You'll need FAR more room especially once you get them in say 2.5 gallon pots. Are you planning on moving outdoors?

First of all 4 wks is way to long to be in a solo cup.
This may be true that your soil has buffer agents and the like in it to control pH, but its a good idea to keep an eye on pH for sound mind as it is critical in maintaining a healthy garden.
Hanna and Milwaukee make solid meters.

Was thinking the same thing... 4 weeks in solo cups- they are rootbound for sure!
I don't worry much about ph with my soil and I also use gh nutes and calmag in my soil.
Paling lower leaves, to me, would normally indicate calmag deficiencies but as they are in tiny cups at 4 weeks, I just think they are choking to death.

Even if it's not the issue, it's time to uppot.. I like fabric pots myself and do 5 or 7 gallon. Just better to move them once and they will love you for it.

When it comes to fertilizer that sounds like a lot in a gallon of water I'm only using three milliliters and that's one milliliter of cns17 one milliliter of Cal Mag Plus and one milliliter of pro blend tea and I can water everyday with it

From the bottom. Id already decided to up my nute dose for the next feeding, but that wont be for a few days

I really wouldn't worry as much about nutes and upping them than getting your girls in the right home. Way too small for 4 weeks. All the bat guano and extra nutes if not addressing the actual issue. Get some good soil- doesn't have to be super $$ or fancy but organic is nice. Add perlite 70/30 and they will love you!!!! Then stay with light nutes for a week or two plus cal mag. I don't like premuted soil myself. I prefer to have more control over my nutes but really, good organic soil- I do use work castings but not sure if it makes much a difference.
They are choking in those cups though.. guarantee you have a knot at the bottom of those cups. That leads to either the roots being stuck in stagnet water at feeding or drying out when moisture is low. Low moisture is good if you have good soil but not if they are just sitting there exposed at the bottom of the cup.

Keep us posted and good luck!

Back
Top Bottom