Can anyone explain this?

AlphaChronic

Hello,

This is my first post on the forum, so pardon any mistakes that I might make with regards to relevance or if the question has been asked before by somebody else. I planted a Blue mammoth auto strain in a small pot, indoors under artificial light, which was transferred to a big pot upstairs on the rooftop. The temperature in my area is around 38-40 C, humidity ~50% and there's high wind. A few days afterwards, I noticed this strange thing with orientation in my plants. What is it and is it normal?

Hello,

This is my first post on the forum, so pardon any mistakes that I might make with regards to relevance or if the question has been asked before by somebody else. I planted a Blue mammoth auto strain in a small pot, indoors under artificial light, which was transferred to a big pot upstairs on the rooftop. The temperature in my area is around 38-40 C, humidity ~50% and there's high wind. A few days afterwards, I noticed this strange thing with orientation in my plants. What is it and is it normal?
Are you asking why it's going like that? Your plant is going to grow toward the most light. If you are getting more sun in that direction (if the is shade or blockage on the other side) then your plant is going to grow that way. Turn your pot. Also she's too long. Fill your pot to the edge and cover up some of that stem. You shouldn't need support for one so young.

Sure, alright. I will try that one. Hypothetically, if I don't rotate the pot occasionally like you are suggesting, will it turn out fine?

Are you asking why it's going like that? Your plant is going to grow toward the most light. If you are getting more sun in that direction (if the is shade or blockage on the other side) then your plant is going to grow that way. Turn your pot. Also she's too long. Fill your pot to the edge and cover up some of that stem. You shouldn't need support for one so young.
Also not to mention not transplanting an autoflower. It's stressful for them and they may stunt and not yield shit. Put them in the pot they will die in.

Also not to mention not transplanting an autoflower. It's stressful for them and they may stunt and not yield shit. Put them in the pot they will die in.

Not 100% true. I'm currently growing two autos and had to start then in 3 litre pots because I haven't got much room. I cut my last grow down giving me more room so I transplanted them to 10 litre pots and they are still growing very well.

Not 100% true. I'm currently growing two autos and has to start then in 3 litre pots because I haven't got much room and I transplanted them to 10 litre pots and they are still growing very well.
You've been one of the lucky ones. I'm not into taking risks so I avoid it and err on the side of caution. Well done for not getting any transplant shock .

Yes your seedling will straighten itself out. In this case what doesn't kill it only makes it stronger and the twisting from wind pressure just strengthens it. Lots of young ones do funky things like that at first.
I also agree that it's no problem to transplant. People talk a lot about transplant shock but in reality any properly done transplant won't slow down the plant at all-much the opposite as they actually love it and just grow faster. And doing it properly is very easy so you shouldn't have any problem

Not 100% true. I'm currently growing two autos and had to start then in 3 litre pots because I haven't got much room. I cut my last grow down giving me more room so I transplanted them to 10 litre pots and they are still growing very well.
Totally agree, as long as she don't get root bond

I took the advice of splnter72 and filled the pot to the top, now the plant has stabilized to a large extent. Also, they have been placed in the middle of the rooftop now, so they now get equal sunlight from all directions. I will post some new pictures tomorrow. I am using a cut-straw to provide further support to the little plant. And these weren't transplanted from anywhere, they grew in that pot, since that was my first grow, so I didn't want to take any chances.

But, I planted the second one (Haze Auto CBD) in small pot and while transplanting it to a similar large pot today, I accidentally broke a part of the root. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Back again, my cannabis plant is drooping and small yellow spots are appearing at random places on the leaves. Is it over watering or some sort of nutrient deficiency/excess?

Back again, my cannabis plant is drooping and small yellow spots are appearing at random places on the leaves. Is it over watering or some sort of nutrient deficiency/excess?
Hey. The drooping could be a host of things. What kind of soil are you using. To me it looks like it's too compact, maybe some sort of clay in there. If that's the case all the way down your soil may not have enough aeration. Roots need room to grow and thin roots can't break hard compact soil. As for the spots it might be the start of some calcium deficiency. You also have yellowing tips. Are the stems purple? If they are you also need magnesium. Go get a bottle of calmag and read the instructions. Get a be eternal bag of soil also. Calmag will run you 20 bucks, soil can be bought for 6 bucks for some organic with worm castings. You be amazed at how much better your plants will be if you don't let it go to far. It looks like it can be a strong one for you just give it what it needs and let it be all it can be.

Peace, love, and chicken grease yall.

Hey. The drooping could be a host of things. What kind of soil are you using. To me it looks like it's too compact, maybe some sort of clay in there. If that's the case all the way down your soil may not have enough aeration. Roots need room to grow and thin roots can't break hard compact soil. As for the spots it might be the start of some calcium deficiency. You also have yellowing tips. Are the stems purple? If they are you also need magnesium. Go get a bottle of calmag and read the instructions. Get a be eternal bag of soil also. Calmag will run you 20 bucks, soil can be bought for 6 bucks for some organic with worm castings. You be amazed at how much better your plants will be if you don't let it go to far. It looks like it can be a strong one for you just give it what it needs and let it be all it can be.

Peace, love, and chicken grease yall.

Yes, it is clay which might be too compact. Also, I am using cow manure mixed with brewed tea leaves as fertilizer. I will try providing it with something with calcium and magnesium as calmag might not necessarily be available here. I will need to take a closer look at the stem when I get back home. Thanks for the assistance.

Yes, it is clay which might be too compact. Also, I am using cow manure mixed with brewed tea leaves as fertilizer. I will try providing it with something with calcium and magnesium as calmag might not necessarily be available here. I will need to take a closer look at the stem when I get back home. Thanks for the assistance.
No problem. Yeah, your soil should be fluffy kind of. The roots will snake their way into the air pockets between the grains, if it's too compact there is now where to grow. Keep us posted.

No problem. Yeah, your soil should be fluffy kind of. The roots will snake their way into the air pockets between the grains, if it's too compact there is now where to grow. Keep us posted.

I sure will. I am thinking of adding coco peat in the soil after transplanting them temporarily into a small pot. Lets improve water retention and porosity. What do you think?

It seems your soil contents so much clay . So clay holds the water so strong . Sometimes plants have some difficulties to get water. There are some probability about yellow spots. If you get better pictures i'll try to find out and help. Take care.

It seems your soil contents so much clay . So clay holds the water so strong . Sometimes plants have some difficulties to get water. There are some probability about yellow spots. If you get better pictures i'll try to find out and help. Take care.
Potgrandma is right, you need to get rid of the clay all together.

Gypsum works well to recondition heavy clay soil...also provides calcium and sulphur...essential minerals for good plant growth...easy to source as well...perlite/vermiculite and some sand would also help to aerate your soil...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Potgrandma is right, you need to get rid of the clay all together.

This is from yesterday, my schedules are a bit too tight at the moment. I went upstairs to check on the plants and somehow they had gotten better themselves. So it appears, that I most likely over-watered the plants. As for the clay, it would be difficult to move the plant from its location, add some gypsum/perlite to the pot and then transplant it back. So, I am thinking of sticking with it, for the time being. From the next one, I most definitely won't be using clay alone. These grows were sort of an experiment to see if I can grow it by myself, here in this country. This one (blue mammoth auto) is in clay, another ripleys og and auto speed bud are in another clay/cocopeat (that is a big pot) and third (white widow auto) is being grown in cocopeat/clay/perlite. Lets see what happens. Finger crossed.

Please have a look.

This clay contains high amounts of cow manure and brewed tea leaves.

Back
Top Bottom