Is my RH ok?

growguro420

420-magazine-mobile410446599.jpg
420-magazine-mobile173984748.jpg
this is my set up and stats of temp, RH , ph and ppm my seeds have been planted for
Just a day now. I have been talking to people regarding RH and they all say it will sprout at 35% RH with slow growth so does anyone know how I could increase the RH in the tent. Thanks for any help.

From seed I like to have humidity at at least 40 that's a minimum I would ever let humidity go at any stage . My germ method is cup of water making sure they all fall to the bottom of the cup ( could take up to a few hours then 18 to 24 hours left in cup of water . Cracked or not they go into paper towel with same water from cup til the tap root is at least 2 or 3 mm . Plant tap pointing down with a thin layer of soil over top of it I usually see it start to poke out within a day or 2 . I never use any nutes or accelerators but I hear growzyme (Not sure on spelling) helps .

From seed I like to have humidity at at least 40 that's a minimum I would ever let humidity go at any stage . My germ method is cup of water making sure they all fall to the bottom of the cup ( could take up to a few hours then 18 to 24 hours left in cup of water . Cracked or not they go into paper towel with same water from cup til the tap root is at least 2 or 3 mm . Plant tap pointing down with a thin layer of soil over top of it I usually see it start to poke out within a day or 2 . I never use any nutes or accelerators but I hear growzyme (Not sure on spelling) helps .

Ok thank you very much and my RH at the moment is about 37% and I also followed the paper towel method after the cup and also planted once my tap root was a couple mm long. It's been a day in a half and I just wanted to make sure they will come up. Thxs for your help and input it's much appreciated.

As for raising humidity some ppl use a damp towel near by as a cost effective solution you can also use a wide / long pan or tray if you can order a small humidifier obviously that would be the best option . I like to have a humidifier and a dehumidifier kicking around to try and keep ideal humidity for each stage of growth . Hope this helps

Also, a little supplemental information about humidity...

First, personal experience. My tent stays ARID. I've had RH levels as low as 15%. The plants are generally happy, though I've had some other issues here and there. In any case, when things are kicking on all cylinders, my highscore THC wise is 23%, and my highest yield is about 1.3 ounces on a single plant.

So, add some science into this...

VPD, not really sure what it stands for anymore honestly... Vapid pressure differential, something like that. Anyway, basically there's a range of temperature and RH that cannabis is most happy in. So instead of focusing on one RH percentage, you want to look at the VPD range in general. Another way to put it is that, say you're in winter, and you're taking in frigid air from outside that's anywhere from 30-40 degrees F. Well, it's also somewhere in the order of 80-100% humidity, but once you intake it into your grow environment, and heat the temperature up to a cannabis-friendly 68-82 F, that humidity is going to DROP like a stone. That's why I had levels like 15%, and at that level, cannabis is actually way outside the "happy" VPD range. I still ended up with good results, but the question is, could I have gotten better?

Something anecdotal, you can check it out if you want, but some say that low humidity drives higher resinous production of trichomes. There might be a casual argument to be made that my high THC results would have been lower if I had a higher humidity level. On the other hand, would my yield have been higher? These are genuine questions, but it begins to address the way humidity plays a role.

Also, a little supplemental information about humidity...

First, personal experience. My tent stays ARID. I've had RH levels as low as 15%. The plants are generally happy, though I've had some other issues here and there. In any case, when things are kicking on all cylinders, my highscore THC wise is 23%, and my highest yield is about 1.3 ounces on a single plant.

So, add some science into this...

VPD, not really sure what it stands for anymore honestly... Vapid pressure differential, something like that. Anyway, basically there's a range of temperature and RH that cannabis is most happy in. So instead of focusing on one RH percentage, you want to look at the VPD range in general. Another way to put it is that, say you're in winter, and you're taking in frigid air from outside that's anywhere from 30-40 degrees F. Well, it's also somewhere in the order of 80-100% humidity, but once you intake it into your grow environment, and heat the temperature up to a cannabis-friendly 68-82 F, that humidity is going to DROP like a stone. That's why I had levels like 15%, and at that level, cannabis is actually way outside the "happy" VPD range. I still ended up with good results, but the question is, could I have gotten better?

Something anecdotal, you can check it out if you want, but some say that low humidity drives higher resinous production of trichomes. There might be a casual argument to be made that my high THC results would have been lower if I had a higher humidity level. On the other hand, would my yield have been higher? These are genuine questions, but it begins to address the way humidity plays a role.

Are you saying the thc percentage or potency would increase due to humidity ? Because if so the potency of a plant is determined off day one and is genetics, or do you mean the over all res and thc volume are increased upon the plant so yield wise ?

Are you saying the thc percentage or potency would increase due to humidity ? Because if so the potency of a plant is determined off day one and is genetics, or do you mean the over all res and thc volume are increased upon the plant so yield wise ?

Also happy 420 and I have really never heard of VPD to be honest but it sounds important enough to dig into

You should try and keep you RH over 50% while vegging. when your girls hit flowering stage try to drop it to under 50%. And when you are coming to the end try to drop it as much as you can, it is said that this helps with the formation of trichomes and thc and a low RH helps prevent bud rot etc. This does not work so good for me as my RH is usually all over the place.

You should try and keep you RH over 50% while vegging. when your girls hit flowering stage try to drop it to under 40%. And when you are coming to the end try to drop it as much as you can, it is said that this helps with the formation of trichomes and thc and a low RH helps prevent bud rot etc. This does not work so good for me as my RH is usually all over the place.

I will keep that in mind and luckily I'm in Canada so the RH is usually quite low so I mostly have to worry about keeping it up , butttttttt it's a little better this way because high RH tends to bring molds and fungus.

Back
Top Bottom