Male? Female? Too early to tell? First timer needs a bit of help...

Hey guys, these are my babies, been in flower only about 3 days now. I think I have a male and a female pictured here but I'm not sure. Any advice? Wait a day or two and see what they develop into? Also, how long can a male and female plant be around each other before I run into pollination issues?

The first 6 pics are plant A
IMG_026163.JPG
IMG_026265.JPG
IMG_027341.JPG
IMG_0273_2_.JPG
IMG_027554.JPG
IMG_0275_2_.JPG

The next 6 pics are plant B
IMG_028053.JPG
IMG_0280_2_.JPG
IMG_028156.JPG
IMG_0281_2_1.JPG
IMG_028256.JPG
IMG_0282_2_.JPG

I think A is a male and B is a female but like I said, I can't tell for sure. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Hello there,

I'm afraid you have a male on your hands. However as others previously stated, it is very early. You lose nothing from keeping it going a bit longer and seeing if it surprises you and sprouts little female pistils.

As you can see in the 5th and 6th photos, the small sex organ is on a tiny stem, slightly raised away from the nodule on the stem instead of sprouting directly off the stem (Like a female calyx would). You can also see the slight star shape at the bottom of the sex organ, this is the beginning of where the male pollen sac will open and release it's pollen. I'm sorry for your loss.

Thank you all so much! I really appreciate the input. I will wait a few days and keep checking for the white hairs.

We have a great community here and I feel lucky to be a part of it. Happy Growing!

I'd keep them both until you can tell for sure but the second one looks more femi to me if the male shows remove from area or discard.

Hello again! I just thought I would update today. The Female suspect from yesterday is looking more conclusive today with its oval shapes. No white hairs on either yet. The male suspect appears to have gotten more "ballsy?" :hmmmm::hmmmm::yikes: overnight. Here are some more pics of the Male supsect. (lol :laughtwo: )

IMG_0309_1_1.JPG
IMG_0310_1_2.JPG
IMG_0313_1_3.JPG
IMG_0314_1_5.JPG
IMG_0315_1_4.JPG
IMG_0316_1_3.JPG
IMG_0317_1_3.JPG
IMG_0320_1_4.JPG

I tried to get better pics today. Not sure if they are good enough to tell yet. I may just need to wait and check on them again tomorrow. I would hate to throw one out that could turn out to be female.

Lol "Ballsy" is accurate and funny. You lose nothing by letting them grow longer. The pollen sacs shouldn't even begin to open until the balls start growing in in cluster formations.

Lol "Ballsy" is accurate and funny. You lose nothing by letting them grow longer. The pollen sacs shouldn't even begin to open until the balls start growing in in cluster formations.

That is great to know! I have been worrying about them popping and ruining the 2 females he is next too. If I see any clusters forming up I will know to get him out of there right away. Thank you for helping out! I really appreciate everyone who takes a moment to help me out. Once I have more knowledge, I will return the favor :thumb::thanks:

I tried to get better pics today. Not sure if they are good enough to tell yet. I may just need to wait and check on them again tomorrow. I would hate to throw one out that could turn out to be female.

Just keep a close eye on it and continue to post pictures . If it turns out to be a male in any event looks like it's got good genetics maybe someone has a lady whose extra sticky

a little too early , this is what you will be looking for :
female141.jpg
female
crzycom12.jpeg

male
p146.jpg
balls , balls, balls ........ (a bunch of gapes)

Thank you all sooo much for your help! I ended up waiting for the ball clusters to show up and had 2 males and 2 females out of 4 bag seeds. It has been very interesting watching the plant develop and the balls and ovals showing up. Now I know what to look for in the future. Thanks again everyone! Happy Growing!

Back
Top Bottom