Why did my Strawberry Cough herm during flower?

dctikitiki

I have two Strawberry Cough plants in flower, after about 15 to 20 days of flowering I had noticed that pollen sacs had formed and a few of them had already pollinated the plants. I had to move the plants to a friend's house in the middle of the night twice once for an electrician to come in and once for the landlord, Additionally the grow temperature sometimes exceeded 90 degrees, humidity would occasionally get to 60 at night but the average temperature and Rh was 85/45. here's a few pics of the plants. The lower larf growth and bud sites are where the pollen sacs began forming. is this caused by stress or heat or what? first grow second batch on the way soon.
420-magazine-mobile300916958.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1513697170.jpg
420-magazine-mobile305330626.jpg

From what I have learned there are different types and ways to tell early pollen sacs are normally caused by stress if it happens in the middle it could be stress or genetics I'm at the end it's normally over ripening

right on guys with the strawberry caugh, the smell of my fingers after handling the colas is phenomenal very fruity. there are some sparse seeds forming because it's only 2 plants in the flower room I'm just going to let the. go through their cycle and harvest to see how it is with a few seeds. I honestly don't know if the temperature or the light cycle or what caused the herm.

Where did you get the strawberry cough from? If it was a bag seed it's probably genetics. 85 isn't that hot and the humidity was high but not crazy high.. I've had higher. With my limited experience, I believe light leaks cause bananas.If those reasons did cause the plant to hermie then I would assume she's very unstable... Your plant screams full blown hermorphidite and I honestly don't think a perfect temp and humidity or light schedule would help her.. Those bud pics look nice though. :thumb: sorry about the lady boy too.. been there, done that.

Yep I'm on the stress bandwagon. Keep her going and get some seeds. If from stress you could still have 2nd generation females.

the clones were given to me by a grower friend. he said that his strawberry caughs came out female; I grow in an apartment bldg which believe me is stressful enough on me, but I assume moving the plants and the heat and differences in day/night temp could have done it. well I was hoping my first grow would be fire but I've learned a lot from this first grow and I'm going to keep going and keep growing... HAPPY 420 HOMIES!

the clones were given to me by a grower friend. he said that his strawberry caughs came out female; I grow in an apartment bldg which believe me is stressful enough on me, but I assume moving the plants and the heat and differences in day/night temp could have done it. well I was hoping my first grow would be fire but I've learned a lot from this first grow and I'm going to keep going and keep growing... HAPPY 420 HOMIES!
If you're grown in an apartment building most likely one of your neighbors is growing too and has a male plant pollinating yours! My buddies girlfriend lives in a Triplex where there's a grower at and my buddy purposely leaves a male plant in his girlfriend's apartment to screw with the other guys grow! Messed up shit of you ask me

cooler the better in flower honestly. It helps you get great colors..cool purples and darker even.

But hemis...all of them really... come from stress. It is a natural process that you can make any cannabis plant do.

85 is less than ideal and will reduce potency but is not enough to cause the hermi. Really even the 90, even though on the verge, is less likely the issue unless the lamp is too close...you look to be running LEDs?

More likely it is the feed program is a bit too hot or out of balance enough to stress her. What is yer medium and program?

Often a light leak in the tent will cause it even though everything else is spot on. Bloom is caused by chemical build up that happens in the absence of light. A small leak will cause the plant to be battling itself. The dark areas are trying to build up this chemical and the areas in light are destroying it.

Best of luck...happy 420!

If you're grown in an apartment building most likely one of your neighbors is growing too and has a male plant pollinating yours! My buddies girlfriend lives in a Triplex where there's a grower at and my buddy purposely leaves a male plant in his girlfriend's apartment to screw with the other guys grow! Messed up shit of you ask me

Ha that's ignorant as hell! I'd have to run up in his gfs apartment and take all the grow shit, then cut up that male into tiny pieces an sprinkle it all over her bed in and out the sheets then use he toothbrush to brush my bumhole lol.. if I knew he was purposely doing that to my grow cuz that's str8 up ignorant! :thumb:

right on guys with the strawberry caugh, the smell of my fingers after handling the colas is phenomenal very fruity. there are some sparse seeds forming because it's only 2 plants in the flower room I'm just going to let the. go through their cycle and harvest to see how it is with a few seeds. I honestly don't know if the temperature or the light cycle or what caused the herm.
Your right the smell off these stems are unreal mmmm

Back
Top Bottom