Help! Plants are sagging - Not sure what the problem is

carini

image110089.JPG

First time grower, had a problem with sagging/curling leaves before, but CalMag solved that very easily. The plants were looking great for awhile, but the last week or so one of them really started to sag and drop, and the other one is now doing the same, I'm 4-5 weeks into growing these.

Am i overwatering? (I thought it was this but not watering them for 2 days didnt really improve the sagging)
Am i not watering them enough?
Too much nutrients? (I feed them about once a week, with a very light feeding.)
Bigger Pots? they are in 3 gallon pots right now. organic soil with peralite.
Don't think its a light problem ive had them on 18/6 the whole time. LED lights.

Any help/thoughts would be appreciated. Happy 4-20!

They are autofeminized plants.

image110089.JPG

First time grower, had a problem with sagging/curling leaves before, but CalMag solved that very easily. The plants were looking great for awhile, but the last week or so one of them really started to sag and drop, and the other one is now doing the same, I'm 4-5 weeks into growing these.

Am i overwatering? (I thought it was this but not watering them for 2 days didnt really improve the sagging)
Am i not watering them enough?
Too much nutrients? (I feed them about once a week, with a very light feeding.)
Bigger Pots? they are in 3 gallon pots right now. organic soil with peralite.
Don't think its a light problem ive had them on 18/6 the whole time. LED lights.

Any help/thoughts would be appreciated. Happy 4-20!

They are autofeminized plants.
Looks overwatered . Let them dry out complete before next watering

I have a cheap 2 prong PH and moisture meter from Wally world ...I'll use it ta see if any moisture deep in the pots...Has helped me on my current 1st grow to not over water....Just an idea

Over water. Wait until her bottom leaves droop after you think she's ready to water. Checking the soil will help but honestly listening​ to your plant will always get the best results. Also the volume of water. To help you learn good watering practice try giving her just enough water to last three days at a time. Water until you think it would be half way. Let the dry soil pull the excess water into it. Remember damp soil not wet. It is one of the trickier things to learn and sometimes we love them too much. But we all learned and you will too. Don't worry about her so much and let her do her thing. Dry her out and water lightly

The light is about a foot above the plants. The soil is wet when I stick my finger an inch deep, gonna let them dry out for a few days.
Before I was doing a light watering almost every day, which I now realize was unnecessary, a little too much love as BulletTooth put it. I'll look to water every 3 days now, thanks for the tips BulletTooth.

And the plants were transplanted a couple weeks ago and were looking healthy after the transplant, this sagging is more recent.

The light is about a foot above the plants. The soil is wet when I stick my finger an inch deep, gonna let them dry out for a few days.
Before I was doing a light watering almost every day, which I now realize was unnecessary, a little too much love as BulletTooth put it. I'll look to water every 3 days now, thanks for the tips BulletTooth.

And the plants were transplanted a couple weeks ago and were looking healthy after the transplant, this sagging is more recent.

Autos don't take well to upsizing I believe this has something to do with early taproot development. Idk what to tell you. Try a modest flush to compact the soil and turn the lights down a notch and let it relax some. That's about all a know on autos for now. Hope it helps I'm following.

Use the ''lift method'' Once you have allowed your plants a drying period and they start looking nice and perky again ,Lift the pot to see how light it is ,Then give it a good water and lift the pot again ,You will notice the weight difference ,You wont ever over water again.

Autos don't take well to upsizing I believe this has something to do with early taproot development. Idk what to tell you. Try a modest flush to compact the soil and turn the lights down a notch and let it relax some. That's about all a know on autos for now. Hope it helps I'm following.

It's simply overwatered. As the majority agrees. Worst thing he can do is flush.

If your still having problems and don't want to water try compacting the soil a good bit not like the hulk and not like an infant. They are weeds and it rains a fuck load more than we water in a lot of places good dope is found

To anyone of you who believe it's over watered do yourself a solid roll a fatty and research water potential here's a hint it always goes from high water to low water water from soil will kill your plant if and only if a. You rot your roots (in which case I doubt because of fabric pots) which IMHO suck but that could just be my location. Or B you grow mold etc. now demonic are you familiar with how they breathe well salt or potassium in this case builds up on 1 side of the stoma cell when the salt (salute)builds up it uses the water Potential law of solutes causes the stoma located on the underside of the leaves to open letting co2 and other gasses in and during the law of solute excess water is expended or returned.

Back to basics of water potential and your plant. It's got and up stream and a down stream rule of solutes pulls water ground up reverse rule of solutes would let the water back down. To get more nutes to stimulates the stoma

BOOM your plant just took a breath.

So no don't water your girl she will shrivel and turn dark then lean over and die.

But not before her phos runs out which make your leaves yellow from the veins outward you will see you ran low on phos your plant wasn't able to breathe and choked but not on to much H20

At least you know know the science behind my reasoning.

Definitely overwatered. There are 2 types of droopy leaves symptoms. Droopy but firm...overwatered.
Droopy and limp...dying plant. (usually from under watering or ph problems, usually accompanied by other symptoms)
If they are firm let it dry out and as mentioned get a 2 prong moisture probe. I've been growing 20 years and I still use the probe. Why? Because I don't have x ray vision. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom