Seeking advice - 2 topics

miked76

Strain: Harlequin

Light: 1200w LED

Room: 56" x 56" x 80" with two fans to move the air and one 6" in-line fan 440cfm and one 6" charcoal filter.

Nutes: Fox Farms for soil.

Topic 1) 7 weeks into flowering on a 60 day flowering plant. It's not looking so hot. I have struggled to keep the temp under 85-90 deg F the last 3 weeks. I finally purchased the in-line fan set up and now it's holding at 75 deg F. No problems with humidity and the pH has been averaging between 6.5 and 6.8 at run-off.

This is my first grow and all was well until three weeks into flowering. I attempted to lollipop pop two weeks ago and thought it came out pretty good but maybe I took too much off and stressed her out.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Topic 2) Clones. I have three outside of my tent with a 300w LED. They are 8 weeks old and seem to be doing very well. I have bent them at 90 deg for LST at 5 weeks. My question is, when should I top? Do they look ready? As soon as I harvest the mama, I am going to move them into the tent under the 1200w LED.
420-magazine-mobile233141439.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1578386399.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1033750962.jpg
420-magazine-mobile529731030.jpg
420-magazine-mobile981031918.jpg
420-magazine-mobile612563661.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1994482272.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1465824007.jpg
420-magazine-mobile779777986.jpg
420-magazine-mobile296729663.jpg

This is my first grow and all was well until three weeks into flowering. I attempted to lollipop pop two weeks ago and thought it came out pretty good but maybe I took too much off and stressed her out.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
I suspect you are right:tokin:

Is there any chance of recovery at this point? I have been flushing for two weeks now. I water twice a week 2 gallons each time and use sledgehammer flush once a week.

Is there any chance of recovery at this point? I have been flushing for two weeks now. I water twice a week 2 gallons each time and use sledgehammer flush once a week.
"""""""Try to think of leaves like solar panels. They are the plant's only source of energy. The healthier the leaves, the more energy the plant has to grow and produce huge, resinous buds."""""""

Your plant looked very nice but I'd say you did you're pre-harvest trim 5 weeks to soon, but I suspect you already know that. Chalk it up as part of the learning curve and plant a seed:thumb:

Edited to add... I have never re-vegged a plant but that might be a possibility and worth reading up on. That way you could flip your light back to veg and move your clones in with it...... just a thought.

So I decided to put my 6 week old clones into flower today. I need to clear my grow room out for a few months. Should I transplant to 10 gallon pots like my other one or is this 3 gallon good?

So I decided to put my 6 week old clones into flower today. I need to clear my grow room out for a few months. Should I transplant to 10 gallon pots like my other one or is this 3 gallon good?

That depends on how much product you need and how much room you have. I have used from 2 to 15 gallon pots and the 2 gallon ones are sure easier to take care of. By the time you feed to runoff you'll have 80+ pounds per 10 gallon pot. This summer I'll be using 15's and 20's, but they will be outside where I won't need to move them around by hand.

That makes sense. I don't necessarily need a certain amount of product but would like a few ounces between the two plants.

I am going to put them in 10's and only use water at 6.5 pH, no nutes and see how they do.

With the failure of my first plant in the flowering stage, I am not going to defol or lollipop them at all.

Hey man, you learned a lot on that first plant so don't look at it like it's a failure. We've all done things that that could have done better (looking back at it) and your plant looked great, you just got a lil carried away with the defoliating and that's not gonna happen again so lets get on with round two :high-five:

Thanks so much for the encouraging words. I am definitely excited about the next two plants.

Should I just chunk the first plant or will I sill get some yield?

First grow ah you watch. learn & get better over time.

Some early pic's of some first grows those are sub 1 oz dry :thumb:

001911.JPG
001779.JPG

Some time much later after a lot understanding...

PICT000290.JPG
PICT001140.JPG
PICT000266.JPG
003982.JPG
PICT000369.JPG

Some done with training much longer veg time others grown all natural whilst lst was used on some and some of bending pinch stuff on others lots going on in those pic's...

Ya never look back on growing ya own :Namaste:

Thanks so much for the encouraging words. I am definitely excited about the next two plants.

Should I just chunk the first plant or will I sill get some yield?

Because you have invested this much time into the plant I'd see what it will give up... even 1 bowlful is better than nothing and will put a big ole smile on your face.;)

If it gets to the point where it's interfering with the other two then deal with it but it's not gonna hurt anything.

Hey y'all! I seem to be having an issue in the flowering stage. My veg has been perfect with all three plants. I flowered one for 10 weeks but got carried away with pre-harvest defol. Still letting it flower to see if I can get anything from her.

I had two clones in veg for 6 weeks then switched to flower almost two weeks ago. I have been feeding the clones two gallons of 6.8 pH tap water twice a week, no nutes. I have a 1200 watt LED 26" above. Temp has been between 72 and 82 but mostly in the 75 range. Humidity has been between 42% and 56%.

See attached pics of discoloration. I thought the mother plant's leaves discolored because of the defol but the clones seem to be following suit and I haven't touched a leaf yet. Do I have some sort of infestation?

Any ideas?

Hey y'all! I seem to be having an issue in the flowering stage. My veg has been perfect with all three plants. I flowered one for 10 weeks but got carried away with pre-harvest defol. Still letting it flower to see if I can get anything from her.

I had two clones in veg for 6 weeks then switched to flower almost two weeks ago. I have been feeding the clones two gallons of 6.8 pH tap water twice a week, no nutes. I have a 1200 watt LED 26" above. Temp has been between 72 and 82 but mostly in the 75 range. Humidity has been between 42% and 56%.

See attached pics of discoloration. I thought the mother plant's leaves discolored because of the defol but the clones seem to be following suit and I haven't touched a leaf yet. Do I have some sort of infestation?

Any ideas?

I don't see any attached pics, but why are you not feeding them nutrients?

Sorry... pics attached... I am experimenting with different methods and several people on here have said they have had great yields with just water, no nutes. I went through the full Fox Farms schedule with the mother plant and she did okay until I butchered her but the clones seem to be out performing on just water. The discoloration happened with the mother plant as well and she did get nutes.

420-magazine-mobile247190341.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2108501996.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1710432585.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1953293845.jpg
420-magazine-mobile977709712.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2128016392.jpg

I understand no nutes if you are using the high brix method or some super soil but I don't see how a plant could make it all the way through with no nutes. Even in a good soil like Fox Farms Ocean Forest the nutrients are depleted after 3 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom