Help Please

I'm a new grower an I think my plant isn't doing to good..

I don't know what I did wrong or if anything is wrong but my plant is about a month old, maybe a little longer. The seeds are corn bread.
420-magazine-mobile290634853.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1183467793.jpg

She doesn't look too bad! Maybe a little stretched for want of more light, and the leaves are a little hooked, which is a sign of too much nitrogen or (I'm guessing this is it) overwatering so the roots aren't getting enough oxygen.

The photos are very helpful, but if you could give a full description of your setup, that would help a lot. The link below has a list of stuff to try to include.

How to Ask for Grow Support

Good luck and have fun. :)

I think I been using to much nitrogen Because I didn't do what the bottle says.. it said use every other time you water I been using it every time(3 times now) I just water with it again two days ago. How can I fix with out over watering? Should I just wait it out and start using just water?

What Strain is it? Cornbread
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? 80/20 indica
How Many Plants? One
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Vegetative
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? About a month and a half
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix? Just some soil from Walmart. I also used some grow sticks. An I been using foxfarm grow big for about 3 weeks
If Soil... What Size Pot? Don't really know. I would say like 2 or 3
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 120 wattage lamp light. I think it said led not for sure.
Is it Air Cooled?... I have one fan
Temperature of Room/Cabinet?
RH of Room/Cabinet?
PH of Medium or Reservoir?
Any Pests? Not that I know of
How Often are you Watering? One time a week
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used?foxfarm grow big
Size or Square Footage of Room? Don't really know small closet

EXAMPLE

HYDRO GROW

Strain - Sativa OG Kush
# of Plants - 4
Grow Type - Hydro
Grow Stage - Flower
Setup - Ebb & Flow
Light - 1000 Watt HPS
Nutrients - General Hydronponics
Medium - Grodan Rockwool
PPM - 900
PH - 6
RH - 50% to 55%
Room Temperature -78 to 84
Solution Temperature -65 to 69
Room Square Footage - 20
Pests - None Known

Problem: I feel like my leaves are curling down more than they should, maybe just freaking out because this is my first indoor grow.

Hello again 8Y -- Once again, she's not looking too bad--certainly recoverable!

First of all, does that bucket have drainage holes in the bottom? If not then by all means your first job is to drill or cut a whole bunch of holes in the bottom so it can drain really well. This is especially important for step 3.

Second, get the grow sticks out of there.

Third, give her a good flush, like pouring four gallons of water though the soil to flush out the extra nutrients that are in there. Then shake and tip the bucket to try to get out as much of the water as possible. You will probably need to repeat the process of tipping and shaking several times over several hours to get as much water out as possible.

Fourth, let her dry out. Don't water again until the soil feels dry on top. "Cannabis doesn't like wet feet."

Fifth, see how she does, and when it's time to fertilize again (probably not soon!), give here only 1/4 strength nutrients. The orchid people say "Fertilize weakly weekly," and that concept applies here. Just a little bit at regular intervals is much better than a big dose all at once. You say you're only watering once a week, so it sounds like your're not watering too often.

Finally, you say you have a 120-watt light. That should be enough at this size if it is fluorescent or LED (or metal halide?? I do hope it's not incandescent...) and it is close enough, though you may want more when she's ready to flower. Can you post a photo of the plant and the light together? From your first photos, it looks like maybe the light could be closer (if it doesn't get too hot) and that you could put some reflectors around (i.e. aluminum foil) to help reflect more wasted light back onto the plant.

Those are my suggestions. Maybe someone more expert than me will have more or better advice.

By the way, next time better quality soil and adding some Perlite for better drainage may help, but I'll bet you can do fine with what you have.

Hello again 8Y -- Once again, she's not looking too bad--certainly recoverable!

First of all, does that bucket have drainage holes in the bottom? If not then by all means your first job is to drill or cut a whole bunch of holes in the bottom so it can drain really well. This is especially important for step 3.

Second, get the grow sticks out of there.

Third, give her a good flush, like pouring four gallons of water though the soil to flush out the extra nutrients that are in there. Then shake and tip the bucket to try to get out as much of the water as possible. You will probably need to repeat the process of tipping and shaking several times over several hours to get as much water out as possible.

Fourth, let her dry out. Don't water again until the soil feels dry on top. "Cannabis doesn't like wet feet."

Fifth, see how she does, and when it's time to fertilize again (probably not soon!), give here only 1/4 strength nutrients. The orchid people say "Fertilize weakly weekly," and that concept applies here. Just a little bit at regular intervals is much better than a big dose all at once. You say you're only watering once a week, so it sounds like your're not watering too often.

Finally, you say you have a 120-watt light. That should be enough at this size if it is fluorescent or LED (or metal halide?? I do hope it's not incandescent...) and it is close enough, though you may want more when she's ready to flower. Can you post a photo of the plant and the light together? From your first photos, it looks like maybe the light could be closer (if it doesn't get too hot) and that you could put some reflectors around (i.e. aluminum foil) to help reflect more wasted light back onto the plant.

Those are my suggestions. Maybe someone more expert than me will have more or better advice.

By the way, next time better quality soil and adding some Perlite for better drainage may help, but I'll bet you can do fine with what you have.

420-magazine-mobile49048443.jpg

Well assuming that's an LED lamp and not an incandescent (which would be bad--wrong color light and not as much light per watt), some foil reflectors in the closet should help a little. But based on the look of the plant, it wants more light. Adding some compact fluorescents, which are cheap and can be found everywhere could make all the difference.

First grow an I didn't know how else to hang it lol. On a very low budget as of right now.
I flushed with 2 gallons of water, was scared I am gonna hurt it. But here is the set up now
420-magazine-mobile227497526.jpg

Cool. Now you have that futuristic look. ;)

So IS that an LED light bulb? If you're not sure, is it hot or only warm? What does the letting on it say?

It's led. It's not hot I can grab it
I'm really hoping she starts to look up

LED! Good news! I still think that a couple of CFLs right down there next to the plant would help it a lot. (Remember that CFLs can and should go very close to the plant--within a few inches.) Or a fluorescent tube light. More lumens = good! ;)

If light isn't to hot lower it some more till you get better lighting.
Agreed. If you can get the closer (but still have all the leaves covered with that narrow beam) and still pass the "back of the hand" test (in which you put your hand at plant level and it just feels warmish, not hot), then I think that would be good. With the LED grow lights we're told to keep them 12 to 18" away, but they have very focused beams so can actually damage the plant from too much light...

Back
Top Bottom