I'm lost here as to what is wrong

Psilosinner

First it was a light issue and them it was overwatering. They are just not recovering like I thought/expected so coming back to the community for guidance.

Today is 14 days from when they sprouted from the rock wool. 10 days from being in DWC with just ph'd water to 5.7ish and no nutrients as of yet.

IMG_48509.JPG
IMG_48498.JPG
IMG_48488.JPG
IMG_484710.JPG
IMG_48469.JPG
IMG_484510.JPG
IMG_484410.JPG

Any and all input is much appreciated.

Are there any roots yet? Should be. If not you have to top feed.
I've seen alot of problems on this site with rockwool in dwc. I prefer rapidrooters. I'd Water around the rock wool not on it.

Although I don't do Bubblephonics, I learned one thing about net pots...It is wise to cut away the bottom of the pots, so that you do not damage the tiny roots when removing seedlings/clones..just sayin...
Cloner28.jpg

How about giving them something to eat. Around 300ppm to get them started. Should have nutes from day 1 in DWC. Ive done over 40 DWC grows and never once not started my babies at less than 300.

:peace:

They seem pretty hardy. Mine showed signs of improvement within a day. The damaged leaves will never look better but new leaves should. If you have time, I would be very interested to know how this turns out. Good luck! :)

How about giving them something to eat. Around 300ppm to get them started. Should have nutes from day 1 in DWC. Ive done over 40 DWC grows and never once not started my babies at less than 300.

Holy crap, I completely missed that "no nutes yet"! Yes, feed ur babies!

And I hate to say it, but if these are autos, it's probably best to just chalk this one up to experience and start over. I pulled mine out of its nose dive but it lost a week of growing time in the veg stage, and although it's healthy and blooming now, it's wee. I had read that autos are great because they're easy but they are unforgiving of early mistakes and I have seen that to be true.

And as long as I'm sharing what I've learned in the last 30 days, be sure to know and control your pH with accuracy. I keep reading about people who, like me, have had pH pens out of adjustment or are misreading the kinda subtle color variations in test kits. Giving your babies a pH 4.8 acid bath does bad things.

OK, Debbie Downer, out. ;)

Seen plants like that found problem to be rockwool wasnt PHed down enough. Tried nutes made it worse. Had to flush good phed ro with just calmag in it thru cubes checking run off til got ph down took couple days an couple flushings to see a difference in run off. Then about 10 days for them to recover.Just what ive seen. Good luck

Checked the girls today and they survived the surgery just fine. In fact did awesome. In less than 24hrs the roots have made their way back through the hydroton when there was close to 1" layered on bottom.

So did a complete reservoir change and added the Technaflora nutrients (1/5 strength), hydroguard and Z7.

Awesome! :cheer: They are hardy little weeds.

Back
Top Bottom