Lost my crop

flatlander77

Bud rot. Damnit.... can I still make ISO oil?
420-magazine-mobile518987926.jpg

Iam not sure all the reasons why buds can rot or go moldy but to high humidity an poor air circulation r 2 of the most common reasons I've seen. I've never had issue but my dads plants last year got cut early due to mold an was due to poor circulation an damp environment. I tried to tell him he planted them in a bad spot but can't tell him nothing lol

Humidity varied. High without lights but low like 25-30 with lights on. Did a 3 stage harvest. So atleast I got smoke to last till next harvest.
420-magazine-mobile506549677.jpg
2 ounces plus what's hanging which all seems to be rot free. Plus this stuff seems to be good
420-magazine-mobile64617532.jpg
prob around 3 ounces dried there. Disappointed though. Woulda got 12 ish ounces out of my first plant. Darn. She was a tree.

Lost my crop

Wasn't it noticeable when you walked in grow room it was smelling funny for days or weeks before? We're colas all packed together and no air? Can you tell us about warning signs and things you noticed? Are u in warm or cool place? Humid or dry ?

You said "high" at night for humidity. Did you turn fans off at night or something?

Maybe dig u pthe water curing thread here and ask on there. Not sure if you can wash the mold out.....

Often times people grow them too close together so there is not enough airflow in between.

Not sure about your setup but I always have a fan circulating under the canopy and if you can rotate them so they don't grow together and create dead spots that helps.

Seen a few monsters go to bud rot by getting too greedy packing it in too tight.

I have read on here that if you wash your buds in H2O2 it will clean the bud rot. Be sure to reads this thread be for you start.

Doc Bud's Bud Washing Method

While I'm a bud washer of outdoor plants from way back using the above method, I would not assume this method will make the moldy weed anything that I would smoke. FWIW, I've seen far worse rot than this. I would cut and discard all the the moldy sections before even attempting the wash.

For those visually inclined, Jorge Cervantes: Washing Away Powdery Mildew:
Jorge Cervantes: Washing Away Powdery Mildew - YouTube

Sorry to hear that, I too was a victim to bud rot I've now learned to keep humidity down in late flowering and also stop taking fan leaves near the end open wounds on plants can let all sorts of bacteria and infections into your plant I also top a few times now during veg I get smaller buds but more of them, really big buds seemed to be targeted with mould in my grows also opening canopy up helps air circulation

Mmm well ye the rot can happen to the best of us...

PICT000946.JPG
PICT000156.JPG
PICT000358.JPG

Just a few examples... but ye that is high humidity what doe's that, for some god forsaken reason on that grow i didn't keep track of RH. Lights On all seemed fine to be honest but Lights Off RH hit 90% yup ya can see the fuck up mate ! Ye the real mess was two water leaks in the house creating higher RH value good damn mold on wall paper, blown plaster etc turned out to be an insurance job.

Lost all main colas plus some secondary larger colas, estimated loss about 40% still walked off with 7 oz dry mainly the smaller stuff which survived.

Double check lights off RH, best time to do that is just before lights come on.

Also leave exhaust fan running 24/7 plus good air flow helps a lot :thumb:

My dad tosses everything in for his oil, moldy bud stalk leaf, he smokes it with no issues

I guess the oil production and vaporization process would probably neutralize most of the mold hazards (though fungal spores can be very hardy) but (no disrespect intended) Eeeuw... I wouldn't touch the stuff. Anything with mold, mites, webbing, chemicals, whatever should just get cut out and tossed. Yuck.

Back
Top Bottom