Plants in the 6th day of flowering - Concerned about plant's health

kyrian

420 Member
Hello guys,

I am growing(at least that's what the person who gave me the seeds said), indica strains from across south america, a colombia gold strain, a caribbean strain, and a peruvian strain and some bag seeds. They went through a lot in their first months as this is my first time growing and I didn't have the necessary tools to work with them but now they've improved a lot and just six days ago I switched to a hps lamp so they can begin their flowering period. I'm posting some pics here and hope to get help from you guys. Some of them show my plants and the others are what I think to be the plant's first pistils? They are recovering from a series of problems including: wind burn, over heating, and nitrogen toxicity and the leaves may seem a bit droopy but that's because I've just spraid them.
I'm concerned about the chances of my plants producing buds. Could you guys give me your honest opinions and advise me as to what I should do from now on? I'm putting them on a 12/12 light schedule and there's not light in the room during the dark period.I'm also growing all of them on a soil mixture and watering them with some organic fertilizer every week.

Thank you in advance and greetings from Brazil!
IMG_20170428_125057941.jpg
IMG_20170428_125150438.jpg
IMG_20170428_125229637.jpg
IMG_20170428_125254350.jpg
IMG_20170428_125305391.jpg
IMG_20170428_125312117.jpg
IMG_20170428_125319933.jpg
IMG_20170428_125333578.jpg

Hey,

Would personally stop spraying them asap.
They also look very root bound to me and soil seems very compact. Would move them into some bigger pots, and add some aeration to the soil, search for a medium that has perlite in it.
I use fabric pots, it adds extra aeration to the rootzone and they aren't very expensive, around same price as normal plastic ones, if budget is an issue have seen people diy their own fabric pots.
As for the white things on the stalk, never seen that before, could be a type of fungus, not sure what to say.

I don't see any pistils yet, but 6 days could be too soon. Can take from 7 to 21 days for pistils to show up, they will always show at the highest branches first, so check there for small white hairs coming out.:love:

Agreed. Hard to tell for sure in the pics but it looks like you could easily about double the pot size. Ditto the weird looking soil. See if you can get some with about 30%+ perlite.
Other than that- more light will help them a lot.
It's a bad idea to spray them while the lights are on, it can cause a lot of leaf damage.

Hey,

Would personally stop spraying them asap.
They also look very root bound to me and soil seems very compact. Would move them into some bigger pots, and add some aeration to the soil, search for a medium that has perlite in it.
I use fabric pots, it adds extra aeration to the rootzone and they aren't very expensive, around same price as normal plastic ones, if budget is an issue have seen people diy their own fabric pots.
As for the white things on the stalk, never seen that before, could be a type of fungus, not sure what to say.

I don't see any pistils yet, but 6 days could be too soon. Can take from 7 to 21 days for pistils to show up, they will always show at the highest branches first, so check there for small white hairs coming out.:love:

Thank you! will stop spraying them and try to repot them. Is it ok to repot in the flowering period?

Yeah it's ok to repot at this point. Later on in flowering I figure root growth probably slows or stops, but at this time they're about to start a growth spurt.
Just make sure not to overwater right after you repot. Don't soak them down right away- just transplant into premoistened soil- and after that baby's them a little till they gained size and more roots.

Those white bumps on the stems - are they little rootlets, or something else? I've had little root nubs appear quite far up my stems before.

Yeah it's ok to repot at this point. Later on in flowering I figure root growth probably slows or stops, but at this time they're about to start a growth spurt.
Just make sure not to overwater right after you repot. Don't soak them down right away- just transplant into premoistened soil- and after that baby's them a little till they gained size and more roots.

Those white bumps on the stems - are they little rootlets, or something else? I've had little root nubs appear quite far up my stems before.

yes they are rootlets, is this a bad sign? from your point of view do you think these plants have chances of producing good buds?

Thank you for your time and support.

Yeah it's fine. I'm not sure why they do that on rare occasions. I have two plants of the same strain from seed and one has little roots growing all up it's stem, while the other has none. No particular reason for that- so I guess it just wants to...

Yeah it's fine. I'm not sure why they do that on rare occasions. I have two plants of the same strain from seed and one has little roots growing all up it's stem, while the other has none. No particular reason for that- so I guess it just wants to...

Thank you! There's a plant in which I can see the pistils already but they are comming off with burnt tips. Any idea of what this is?

You mean the pistils are red/brown? Any direct spray on the pistils will kill them .

Yes, they're white but the tips are a bit burnt. Perhaps it's because I sprayed them when I took the picture but I had no idea that it was bad for the plant whilst the lights are on. Now it seems they're recovering from that and 1 week from now I'll post more pictures. I also tied the plants so more light reaches the inner parts and took the only male out of the room bc I read it somewhere that a male can cause female plants to go hermie. There are some pistils comming out of the plants, but it's like 2 each node, 1 on each side. Is it usually more than that in the beginning?

Weaselcracker I can't thank you enough for all the help you've provided me so far. I hope I'm not bothering you

Thanks again

All of your questions in your initial post could be answered by yourself simply by doing some research. Stop being a lazy ass and do some homework. Educate yourself. I assume you are an adult.. and i assume you know how to drive an automobile. With that said did you just decide one day to drive an automobile and just go climb in one and drive it? No you most likely didnt, you educated yourself and learned how to drive.
Stupid questions get stupid answers.
Educate yourself on cannabis cultivation and then start a grow. Don't start a grow and then come clog the forums with questions because you are lazy and want the forum to coddle you and grow your ladies for you.

Personally it doesn't bother me when people ask stupid questions. If they keep asking basic stuff and don't put the effort in to read stuff themselves- I wander off after a while.
Having said that- yes you need to do more reading. Males don't cause hermies any more than human males cause females to turn gay... whoops bad analogy and probably not true :rofl: Males pollinate females- basic sex-ed.
How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

I guess I misunderstood what I read. It's nonsense to say males can cause hermies if you know basic biology, sorry. I'm still taking them out because of polination. Anyway, these are not stupid questions imo, I've seen people asking things here that I consider to be basic but I don't think that's a bad thing, I think helping people creates a better society. I came here twice and did some reading too, both of these things have helped me a lot and I'm very grateful for all the knowledge I've gotten from here. I've already followed your advices and I hope my plants get better. When the plants start producing buds I'll keep this post updated.

Sorry about my english, it's not my first language.

Its not that you are stupid its the content of the question thats stupid and your preparation for this endeavor is utterly undefined. You are unprepared and uneducated about it. You are 6 days into flower and are concerned about bud developement? Like really dude? How about you let them start forming before you start being concerned. Your opinion is biased.
We all know you didn't read the section on how to ask for help. Your post is missing critical elements of your grow to make a discerning answer or hypothesis on your questions.
Oh, not to mention you are basically asking for us experienced growers to tell you what to do from here until harvest... And I quote "....and advise me on what to do from now on?" That statement there tells me that you are uneducated, unprepared and need to study up some more. Im not trying to be an asshole or anything, check my profile. Im well liked on the forum and know my shit. Its just a PITA when so many like yourself decide to grow and dont educate or prepare and then depend on us good helping ppl here on the forum. I give this 'speech' to any and everybody that trolls the forums for ppl to basically grow plants for them. Its annoying and counterproductive.
My personal approach to cultivation was to read read read and then read some more. Take notes like I was in school. Read some more. Outline a grow schedule; lighting, pH, medium, nutrients, temps, RH etc. That way when I started I knew what to expect where to have my levels and all that good stuff.

To answer or not answer questions is everyone's choice here. Participation in a given thread is a choice. Education through public ridicule is seldom effective and should not be a choice.

Back
Top Bottom