Grow room update

closetop

Hey I'm upgrading the grow room my question is this if I use an air conditioner

Do I need to suck in fresh air

Do I need to blow it out after a can filter

I'm in a 8x10 room

I have 600 watts of high pressure sodium lights currently but cam keep room cool air is stale please help

I need this upgrade b4 I buy more lights so it's getting me enough medicine

What is the typical setup in a sealed grow room cheaper the better

I'm no HVAC tech, but I do have an air conditioner, so here's my take based on my understanding of your question.

You can air condition a room in two ways:
1. Recirculating the air in the room and just passing it over the cooling coils. (Think of a refrigerator.) The air conditioning process doesn't add new air to the room but neither does it exhaust the smell of your plants.
2. Drawing in fresh air from outside over the cooling coils to cool and dry it. That adds fresh the air to the room, but if you're adding fresh air from outside you're going to have old air that needs to go somewhere, no? And that you would probably want to filter through charcoal to deal with the smell.​

In both cases, you need to vent the hot air from the A/C compressor somewhere other than the room. (Think of a window unit that's may be cooling the room as a closed circuit as in #1 above but vents the hot air from its compressor to the outside.)

Does that answer your question?

(Having an air conditioner running at odd times seems like something that could draw the neighbors' attention, ya know?)

Brother let me tell you something I have 8 cameras audio and motion censors 2 dogs and some good security lol and a few other odds and ends for any intruder so that being said I have a license I don't give much a care to stealth I smoke far more than enough smells like a pot farm period

Back
Top Bottom