Am I doing it right?

MOD3

Hey there everyone super new to the forum and growing community and recently have started my own grow room, I didn't get the seeds from a bank just a friend of my girlfriend.

I'm posting today and will be in the future because I'd like to know if what I'm doing is correct and if not what I need to do to improve.

The seeds were all germinated at the same time.

The biggest buddy here has been working for about a week .

Here is the setup:

1 600w King Led light for 3 little seedlings (2' away from them)
1 75w CFL bulb on a seedling (6" away from it)
Each container is filled with PROMIX BX
It is 18-6 timer on, 11am-4am

And as of 4 days ago (May 4th) I've used a small amount of pure blend gro in my water about 1 & half teaspoon, only on the one that has sprouted with leaves (not sure if that's correct)

Right now they are all in small containers

Not to sure what the right time to transfer is.

I'll post some pictures :)

My concern is that this small sprout isn't getting what it needs or maybe I'm being too impatient, and the others are slow growing, mind you everything was planted April 28th - May 1st but no clue if this what everything should look like two weeks in.

----
Just got the app so I can upload images! :)
EDIT:
So pretty but I don't know if this what it's suppose to look like lol, wasn't this size a week ago though but is too slow?
420-magazine-mobile2083402831.jpg

This little one was browning because the soil was dry so I watered it till it dripped now it's getting a little green but no height difference.
420-magazine-mobile2071215664.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1714739547.jpg

This one was just Dieing and what I realized was the grow light was too far for this seedling to thrive, it was like 3.5 feet up :( I changed it and since has been reaching up to the light and slowly uncurling,

420-magazine-mobile1259094385.jpg

This is 3 pots under the light at 2 feet

420-magazine-mobile1949434838.jpg

-------

Hopefully from these images you'll all be able to help me

Anyway thank you for taking the time to look and help me out! I've been reading a lot and I love this community around the subject so informative, but experience can't be taught so I'll be asking questions during my own grow!

Two weeks there going to be small.

Dial in temps and humidity.
Humidity around 50-70 70 is high and can cause mold. Be careful. Try not to make drastic changes on them

Two weeks in they like lots of light.
Make sure they watered and humid though before you hit em with lots of light.

Two weeks in I started with low low low nutes

Two weeks there going to be small.

Dial in temps and humidity.
Humidity around 50-70 70 is high and can cause mold. Be careful. Try not to make drastic changes on them

Two weeks in they like lots of light.
Make sure they watered and humid though before you hit em with lots of light.

Two weeks in I started with low low low nutes

Thank you so much for this info, I've added photos and such if you'd take a gander at those I'd appreciate the feed back! In terms of nutes was it like a teaspoon half teaspoon you, how did you calculate that?

I'm not sure what you mean by 1 to 1.5 tsp of PBP grow? Diluted in how much water?

You really shouldn't need to feed much at this point.
There's a feeding schedule written on the PBP bottles. But at this point I'd wait and do a lot more research and reading before feeding again.

I never feed before 21 days out of soil. The feeder leaves are there for a purpose. When they turn yellow and fall off the plants ready for food

I agree with nuckcelts about soil- but promix isn't soil- it's soilless. I'm unclear whether promix Bx contains any nutrients at all. I use sunshine mix which is similar but contains a starter dose of nutes. You'll have to look closely at the side of your promix package. I couldn't see any mention of trace nutrients in it online.
So plants in soilless (which is a form of hydroponics) do need nutrients pretty much from the start- or at least after the first true leaves open. But the amount is very small.

OP I think you'll benefit from reading through this link. How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

And I'm still curious about that 1 - 1.5 tsp question.

I'm not sure what you mean by 1 to 1.5 tsp of PBP grow? Diluted in how much water?

You really shouldn't need to feed much at this point.
There's a feeding schedule written on the PBP bottles. But at this point I'd wait and do a lot more research and reading before feeding again.

Basically in the back it says that in the first week you should add 5 Tps but the plant was not so big instead I added %50 of that then a little less, 15ml of Is what it recommended but I only added 7.5ml (1.5 tsps)

I find that hard to believe. Can you post a photo of that feeding schedule in the bottle so we can take a look?

Also there are 5 ml in a teaspoon. 5 tsp is 25 ml. Which is a very high dose. How much water per ml are you mixing the PBP in to?

I find that hard to believe. Can you post a photo of that feeding schedule in the bottle so we can take a look?

Also there are 5 ml in a teaspoon. 5 tsp is 25 ml. Which is a very high dose. How much water per ml are you mixing the PBP in to?

Okay I'll post the photo!

420-magazine-mobile435056503.jpg

And yes that was mistake I meant 1 table spoon =\ but like I was saying I added %50 of that which was 7.5 ml,

Water per ml I'm unsure

This is spray bottle that has nutrients in it
Only used it once since adding the nutes
And it was about 1q full not all the way when I added it

420-magazine-mobile1693869679.jpg

Also PMBX is soil-less btw!

... promix isn't soil- it's soilless. I'm unclear whether promix Bx contains any nutrients at all. I use sunshine mix which is similar but contains a starter dose.

Ok- read the bit along the top of the schedule where it says that all amounts are in ml per gallon.
For bottled nutrients it's all about total concentration- not the total amount. They're made to be used mixed with water in specific concentrations.

Still unclear whether BX contains any starter nutes but you'd have to look on the package to know for sure. For the first few weeks in your case, if you aren't adding calmag, I would use about 5 ml/gallon of grow, slowly increasing when plants start to look hungry.

What sort of water are you using? You'll probably need to be adding calmag at about 5 ml/gallon as well. If using calmag then back off the grow, because the CM contains lots of nitrogen. I don't use Grow in the first three weeks or so- just the calmag and water mix which I use as a base for everything in the grow.

Thank you so much for this info, I've added photos and such if you'd take a gander at those I'd appreciate the feed back! In terms of nutes was it like a teaspoon half teaspoon you, how did you calculate that?

I can't see your photos.
To calculate strength use ppm or ec meter. Be sure to note the meters scale - .5 or .7

I am in coco. That is soilless mixture. Insert medium without nutrients or organics in it.

I'm pretty sure you mostly peat moss promix is inert also

To measure for babies like that it's careful cause drops matter.

Use ec or ppm meter

Here are mine at week 3 just getting to 230 (.5 scale)ppm
cbab603a5d6f6c142d8d3bb648729d84.jpg

I did mostly calmag for first two weeks at about 100 ppm then to mostly flora nova grow at 150 ppm with some calmag. (.5 scale)

Hope that helps more than confuse.

Can anyone see his pics???? It show broken link for me.

Ok- read the bit along the top of the schedule where it says that all amounts are in ml per gallon.
For bottled nutrients it's all about total concentration- not the total amount. They're made to be used mixed with water in specific concentrations.

Still unclear whether BX contains any starter nutes but you'd have to look on the package to know for sure. For the first few weeks in your case, if you aren't adding calmag, I would use about 5 ml/gallon of grow, slowly increasing when plants start to look hungry.

What sort of water are you using? You'll probably need to be adding calmag at about 5 ml/gallon as well. If using calmag then back off the grow, because the CM contains lots of nitrogen. I don't use Grow in the first three weeks or so- just the calmag and water mix which I use as a base for everything in the grow.

Calmag I'm not familiar with there was no mention of it, I'll dump this water and get an accurate read because I felt that this bottle was big enough

I'm using regular water from the tap

I'll be back with more info for sure

Calmag I'm not familiar with there was no mention of it, I'll dump this water and get an accurate read because I felt that this bottle was big enough

I'm using regular water from the tap
I'll be back with more info for sure

Ok I think you need to do more research and reading on the feeding subject. It's not really about the bottle being big enough.

Yes cnile I can see the pics.

Ok I think you need to do more research and reading on the feeding subject. It's not really about the bottle being big enough.

Yes cnile I can see the pics.

Alright found out what a gallon looks like and I was way off I found the right size bowl filed it then added 5tps to this gallon

420-magazine-mobile525305215.jpg

Smh I messed up a bit here but that's what learning is about,

I don't know where to get calmag from :( any clues

I'll need to invest in a ppm at some point as well but for my first grow I need the basics solid lol

Oh okay not tablespoons, I put 5 teaspoons what's the abbreviation for that? Tp? Lol and alright I'm going to look into get that as well

EDIT: ok so it's to my understanding I'll still need %50 of that in a gl of water lol guess have to redo this

EDIT 2: okay I've finally seen my error, thank you both so much, basically to get this 1 gallon I'll need to pour 1.5 tsp to make it 7.5ml/gallon instead of the dreaded 25ml/gallon i poured prior to this posting!

Ps Botany rules!

Tsp - teaspoon -5 ml
Tblsp - tablespoon -14.2 ml

If you read that schedule you'll see that 5 tsp/25 ml is only for the height of flower- and also factor in that their schedule is often too strong anyway. You'll completely fry your young plants at 25ml/ gallon.
I hope I've helped- but I'm going to move on now. Everything I've take the time to post here would be very easy to find by googling and by looking at the directions in the bottle. Best of luck with your grow. :thumb:

Tsp - teaspoon -5 ml
Tblsp - tablespoon -14.2 ml

If you read that schedule you'll see that 5 tsp/25 ml is only for the height of flower- and also factor in that their schedule is often too strong anyway. You'll completely fry your young plants at 25ml/ gallon.
I hope I've helped- but I'm going to move on now. Everything I've take the time to post here would be very easy to find by googling and by looking at the directions in the bottle. Best of luck with your grow. :thumb:

I completely understand, hopefully this forum isn't for only unknown problems to all because that would be hard for me or anyone to start from anywhere anyway, Thanks a lot you've helped me greatly!

No- not at all and the same questions get asked over and over again. That just comes with the territory. That's why they call it the FAQs :laughtwo: I'm happy to answer questions but I have limited time so I'll let you read up a little. Just keep your nutes low as we said, do not overwater, and keep reading and reading.

I think I posted this link already but I'm too lazy to scroll back. How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Back
Top Bottom