Gonna need some help

BaBublaa

so.. i'm looking for some advice.. this is basically the first and furthest iv'e gotten with my crops..
up until about a week ago my baby was all green looked beautiful and healthy..

I'm running an 8bulb 24w H/O setup right now all 6400k (about to switch to 6/2 2700k/6400k for the flower) (but i want to get this issue fixed before starting to flower)
Humidity has for its life been between 45%-60% with temps 60f-80f.

Like i said.. its my first time, so i could use some info on whats going on here
some of my pictures didn't come out very well...

so for the Stem picture.. small Purpling cant be seen.. (Iv'e read could be anything from genetics to deficiency)

The Yellow flowers pic came out great and this is the issue im looking for help on (seems like Cal/Mag/N/Sulfur deficiency )??

and last pic, i just topped her and shes got heavy drooping.. is that normal?? how long about until she recovers.. or could this be due to whatever the yellowing issue is aswell??

Thanks for all your info/help!!!

Original Post - 5/12/17

>>>>
couple days later
>>>>
My sister told me "She looks very healthy, maybe a little over watered, also id clip off the yellow so your plant doesn't use its energy trying to keep them alive."

>>>>
Couple more days later
Update #1 - 5/16/17
>>>>
038bea.jpg

Starting to super droop. (although some of the newer small growth seems unaffected).
Is this just stress from clipping the lower leaves off? or is it still from the water issue???????

also, some info i forgot to add for you guys..

shes in a 3g Fabric pot, only about 3/4 full of Soil 3to1 Perolite since some sunk after the first water.
I used Osmocote Plus smart release plant food (15-9-12) i used a little less than instructed because it says it feeds for 6 months and i thought i wasn't going to veg for an entire 6 months when i started and haven't added anything since.

My space is pretty tight.. small closet about 3' x 3 1/2' plus its a little cramped with the humidifier and fan in there.. but everything was super so i guess tight spaces work just fine..

light at the start about 4-6" away from plant, since shes started growing iv'e added a small increase of space slowly, shes sitting about 10" away from the top now. Reasoning is two fold.. more plant matter = more light absorption = more chance of too much light *does that sound legit or should i just lower it back down..???*
the other reason is at the start, i was just using cardboard siding in the closet and i switched to White walls so i figured it would be a huge jump in how much was available...

again, thanks for all comments suggestions

Babublaa

She looks very over watered, how often do you water and how much? It's better to slightly underwater instead of overwatering.

Thanks for the reply.. i was starting to think nobody was going to.. L7:(

I was watering 500ml every week at the start. Seemed to be doing wonderful. After about 2 weeks I had this happen for this first time so I halted watering for an extra week.

Current watering is 500ml every 2 weeks. my concern has been that since im using wateringreleased nutes .. she doesnt get any NPK and thats why im seeing all this bottom yellowing going on.

i may cut down to 250ml /2weeks and see if that goes well .. i also may just put her in a new pot with some better drainage not sure on best solution yet... shes a lot bigger than she was the first time i transplanted so ... i don't want to ruin a good thing...

Do you know what the pH of your water is? If not, it may be too high which would prevent the uptake of nutes like calcium and magnesium. Definitely need to get a pH meter. The wrong pH to a plant is like the wrong octane to a vehicle.

I had an issue with purpling stems because my pH was 7.2. After bringing it down to 6.5 they're looking less purple and more green.

The yellowing could be from too much nitrogen. Are there nutes in the soil? Are you adding nutes?

Heavy drooping could be a result of over watering I'm guessing. Those leaves look full and heavy in the pics.

I'm a total newb and 5 weeks into my first grow. This is info that I have come across in my research so take its accuracy with a grain of salt and read up on these issues for yourself. Just wanted to throw out some suggestions for you. Keep us updated!

Do you know what the pH of your water is? If not, it may be too high which would prevent the uptake of nutes like calcium and magnesium. Definitely need to get a pH meter. The wrong pH to a plant is like the wrong octane to a vehicle.

I had an issue with purpling stems because my pH was 7.2. After bringing it down to 6.5 they're looking less purple and more green.

The yellowing could be from too much nitrogen. Are there nutes in the soil? Are you adding nutes?

Heavy drooping could be a result of over watering I'm guessing. Those leaves look full and heavy in the pics.

I'm a total newb and 5 weeks into my first grow. This is info that I have come across in my research so take its accuracy with a grain of salt and read up on these issues for yourself. Just wanted to throw out some suggestions for you. Keep us updated!

well, i'm using a Pool PH tester.. which isnt super great because it starts at 6.5 and goes up to 7.8..
however when i test it always reads Orange.. which means its slightly lower than 6.5, however the soil i guess could be stuck at a higher PH... ill try testing some of the runoff next water.. (its not going to be for a few more weeks from what everyone is saying about the over water :())
really stinks too because i feel like i could use more nutes and i cant add those without watering

luckily plants are pretty hardy so praying for strength and we'll see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom