bakesale

Hi everyone, thanks for taking a look. I have quite a bit of mold (white puffy balls) growing on my soil... Not sure what to do exactly, had a read and correct me if i'm wrong but this is what i might do:

take off the top layer of soil which has any mold on it and any around the corners then lightly spray (not watering) the top of and sides with H202 (hydrogen peroxide) then putting a new layer of soil on top, is this a good idea ??????

Now for the second question, this from my research must of bin caused by over water and/or high humidity, the humidity is 57% in the day and reaches 75% at night, temp at day is 24 degree at night it drops to around 19. I just installed ventilation so this should help, but i have no de-humidifier should i buy one ?

1 month into grow, height is around 7"

Thank you for all question answered :Namaste:

re: Mold mold mold & soil

I can get some, yeah its 100% mold, should i spray with h202, or will it harm the plant? yeah iv got some airflow in now only issue is its a closed system, no window?

When I treat for stuff like that I use 3% hydrogen peroxide 15 milliliters per gallon you will lose your beneficial bacteria but it will come back

It's fun to watch when doing it when your soil starts foaming you can treat on for almost any soil past this way

is h202 bad for the plant (just wondering) if you lets say put a liter of water mixed with 50 ml of h202 in it

The only times this would be bad is if your plants is very young or you just floated in it rooted the new roots are going to be stressed a little bit as long as you stay under 15 milliliters per gallon it will not be toxic but I still recommend doing a nice flush afterwards

im a little worried using hydrogen peroxide, so i think ill use vinegar or baking soda, is mold really that harmful on soil though ?

Google using hydrogen peroxide on plants I do it to my own plans and I run a dispensary see what you find when you Google it and read and make your decision from there

i haven't exactly got ventilation, its just a fan in there on low speed with the door open, haven't got a window. Getting a dehumidifier though.

No, i'd know about that. Its my fault, because i have no ventilation the room gets stagnant and gets humid 60% then i also accidental over watered which is why the mold formed i'm guessing, anyhow i scraped the top surface off and replaced it with fresh soil.

No, i'd know about that. Its my fault, because i have no ventilation the room gets stagnant and gets humid 60% then i also accidental over watered which is why the mold formed i'm guessing, anyhow i scraped the top surface off and replaced it with fresh soil.

I had an issue when my RH was peaking in the low 70%. I had mold on the top and at the bottom vent/drain holes (check there as well). I bought some stuff from my grow store (details in my journal link) did one spraying + changed my environment and all my problems went away.

Environmental changes:

1. A DH installed outside the grow tents.

2. Added a bunch more lights for heat.

3. Turned up an in tent heater to compensate for the heat loss from proper venting of the tents.

Here's a picture of the product, I only had to use it once....expensive but for me cheaper than dicking around and risking the plants.
420-magazine-mobile1088941480.jpg

Back
Top Bottom