sour tommy

Is reflecting light not a good idea with a mirror either outdoor sun or indoor led. I.e. Reflecting towards bottom. Also, which side of the aluminum foil is best to reflect with? Thanx.

I've been reading about that lately. Mirrors absorb a lot of light to make them good reflectors. If you use tinfoil, use the dull side, as the shiny side can concentrate pinpoints of light and burn leaves. Also, the tinfoil is not the safest to use around electricity. I went to the dollar store and picked up a couple emergency blankets. They aren't the best reflectors out there, but they are better than mirrors or tinfoil. Here is my grow room with them:

IMG_20170513_194005.jpg

You can buy a tent for under $100 trust me after you are done experimenting with everything ...you are gonna get a tent in the end so dont waste your time go online and find a tent in your size and price range and safe yourself a lot of headaches......

Wow.the fridge.great idea.tell me about ventilation and lighting set up.wattage, etc..

Actually Tommy the fridge itself was a too-late afterthought. This is just the alcove where the fridge used to be. The It would have been a great idea, but I live in a trailer and just don't have enough room for it. This space isn't ventilated yet and I'm running a combination of CFLs and screw-in LED floodlights, although I'd like to go with LED floodlights only, for the purposes of saving a bit pf power and concentrating the light onto the plants more efficiently.

for air movement I just have a 6" desktop fan blowing inside there; it seems to do the job. My source of heat is a small space heater placed outside pointing at the cover. That's about it, really.

If you want to see a cool setup, check out @WilliamEdman's page; he's growing plants in a gun cabinet.

Here's my grow room with the cover on, just to compare. I'm working on a semi-hidden setup in the kitchen.

IMG_20170513_193907.jpg

Back
Top Bottom