Bugs

If I have fans always constantly blowing on my plants will any type of bugs even be able to land on the plant ?

It makes it harder for gnats. But they still can I think.

Are gnats really really small and brown and attracted to the light? This one was attracted to my led. And i wasn't fast enough to kill it.

I believe they can be different colors. The ones I had were more black. Google them. :) yes they're pretty small.
420-magazine-mobile1195006508.jpg

How would they even be in my garden
Cleanliness is next to Godliness

I forget the scientist name but because of his experiments we know that life doesnt come from nothing.

Gnats are usually a product of too wet conditions.

While on vacation i had someone water my plants.
On top of overwatering heavily
they left the shopvac full of old runoff water.
And with a warm wet environment i came home to fungus gnats.

The adults are more a nuisance than a harm.

Its the larvae they create when mating that eats on your roots and creates the colony.
if you keep a fan blowing over the top of the soil making it harder for them to move it makes it harder for them to mate.
Slightly drier conditions also helps to rid them faster as well

Im not sure if fungas gnats come entirely from over watering. I amended some soil and did it in my garage to prevent bugs from somehow getting into the mix. I did not water down the soil, simply amended everything then stored in a breathable bag but nothing can get it. Anyways I opened the bag a week later and 4 gnats flew out. Eggs must of been in the soil and just hatched over time.

Im not sure if fungas gnats come entirely from over watering. I amended some soil and did it in my garage to prevent bugs from somehow getting into the mix. I did not water down the soil, simply amended everything then stored in a breathable bag but nothing can get it. Anyways I opened the bag a week later and 4 gnats flew out. Eggs must of been in the soil and just hatched over time.
No they dont but they flourish in an overly wet environment.

Point i was trying to make is if you keep your area super clean you have better chances lf avoiding them in your grow all together.

420-magazine-mobile1190502813.jpg

Transplanted my blue dream strain into her final pot most likely.
Into miracle gro soil with earthwork castings, Forrest products , Pete moss , alfalfa meal ,bone meal, blood meal, perlite and limestone, and other amendments but I threw out the bag.
I added extra perlite for drainage.
Adding a 1000 watt LED to my setup soon.

Back
Top Bottom