Top cola has funky smell

jmills826

Hey guys im 5 weeks into flowering my 4 gals and theyre doing great except for one of them the top cola has a weird smell. It kinda smells like mildew but idk, i have air circulation so i dont think it could be mold starting. Could it be the nutes im using or am i just overthinking this all?

If your nose is not deceiving you, that does not sound good. Generally though, if there is BR going on, the early signs are drooping dying leaves sticking out from where the mould is."....had you pulled off dying/droopy leaves days before the smell became obvious?

I would move the plant out of the grow room; outdoors if it's possible, and gently move aside the buds and have a good root around to see if you can see any BR spots. If you don't remove the affected plant from your other girls, messing around with the cola trying to find what's going on will release spores onto your grow area and everyone will eventually get the BR.

If you do find BR be resolute and vicious - chop the top cola off and burn it or flush it down the toilet. There are people who say they can clean BR and render the bud usable but I say ewwwwww to that.

Good luck and hope it's something else you can smell; BR sucks

:Namaste:

No leaves falling at the top, could it be a nute overdose perhaps? Im jus using 1tsp of bloom per gallon of water, i have a diy exhaust fan blowing out air at the top of my flower closet anf i have a box fan blowing on my 4 gals so i dnt think its humidity.

Heres a few pics but srry my p.o.s phone wont focus because of the cfl light.

20170519_232345.jpg
20170519_232320.jpg
20170519_232527.jpg

Just checked again when the lights cut on and it barely smelled but what exactly should i be looking for besides mold? I dont see anything resembeling mold or rot, actually im very excited because one of my gals has a fruity aroma and another has a skunky, hashy smell reminding me of jack herrer. I have no idea what the strains are cause it was bag seed a good friend gave me and he said they were from top notch strains but he didnt mark any of them though... Tomorrow Ill try getting good close ups of that top cola so you can get a decent look at it just incase....

I had a widow that smelled like mildew for about a week during flower. Drove me nuts thinking i had a leak in a bucket or bud rot but then it switched to a skunkier smell and finishe flower with that smell. May or may not be in your case... Just my $.02

Back
Top Bottom