Slow growing weed

Jdub95

How you guys doing today I have a few concernes as this is my first plant and am not sure what to look for. This plant sprouted on 4/20 and is growing in doors with plenty of light and a 18/6 light cycle for lights I'm using 6 5000k Phillips 100 w equivalent in a reflective dome. I'm not sure why it's growing so slow and don't know why one of the leaves has this yellow/ brown deficiency in one of the leafs. Any help would be much appreciated thanks !
420-magazine-mobile346078603.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1908799424.jpg

How you guys doing today I have a few concernes as this is my first plant and am not sure what to look for. This plant sprouted on 4/20 and is growing in doors with plenty of light and a 18/6 light cycle for lights I'm using 6 5000k Phillips 100 w equivalent in a reflective dome. I'm not sure why it's growing so slow and don't know why one of the leaves has this yellow/ brown deficiency in one of the leafs. Any help would be much appreciated thanks !
420-magazine-mobile346078603.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1908799424.jpg
How often do you water, lots of new growers over water.✌

Looks like you may be over watering her.
Need more information
What type of median are you growing in
Are you using any nutes
What type of water you using( tap,ro etc)
What the ph of your water
How often you feeding it.

Yes I did happen to over water her this past week she was very healthy before I watered her. As far as but I haven't been giving them anything but this weekend I picked up some Alaska fish fertilizer
420-magazine-mobile1801730601.jpg
I also picked up another one as a last resort this has a npk of 2-2-2
420-magazine-mobile341357761.jpg

As far as soil is concerned I didn't think it would make a huge difference so I am using soil that I already had this bag doesn't really have any nut facts on it. Maybe I should pick up another kind?
420-magazine-mobile449755985.jpg

And for lighting I have a 3 dome setup running 2 lights each at about 16 in from soil to bottom of dome lid for light
420-magazine-mobile1954872418.jpg
with a small fan an a cool mist humidifier monitoring the humidity and temp from a gyro gauge
420-magazine-mobile1010245359.jpg
as far as the area it's in I have a wooden box I built my self with a lock on the outside
420-magazine-mobile1123801874.jpg
this is before the door and roof were added also here are some progress pics of her
420-magazine-mobile743225950.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2085066048.jpg
420-magazine-mobile786866290.jpg

Just regular sink water but I have ph down coming in the mail on wensday so for the time being I'll let the plant come back To life cause I over watered it

What soul would you recommend for growing in issuing local soil that has bark and I think that's why it's doing so good rn

Looks like you may be over watering her.
Need more information
What type of median are you growing in
Are you using any nutes
What type of water you using( tap,ro etc)
What the ph of your water
How often you feeding it.

Hey so I moved the lights up and am wondering what soil you would recommend because I think that's playing a huge issue I moved the pant into a bigger pot and noticed I have close to no roots

Hey so I moved the lights up and am wondering what soil you would recommend because I think that's playing a huge issue I moved the pant into a bigger pot and noticed I have close to no roots

Overwatering = slow growth and hooked leaves. I'm sure she'll pop back when she dries out. For soil, I mentioned Fox Farms soil + 30% Perlite in your other thread.

I'd recommend reading a bunch of grow logs here. They will show you a lot, including other peoples' mistakes, which are always instructive. I like to watch a YouTube video or two about growing ever evening as well. Lotsa stoners out there sharing the wisdom! :)

Overwatering = slow growth and hooked leaves. I'm sure she'll pop back when she dries out. For soil, I mentioned Fox Farms soil + 30% Perlite in your other thread.

I'd recommend reading a bunch of grow logs here. They will show you a lot, including other peoples' mistakes, which are always instructive. I like to watch a YouTube video or two about growing ever evening as well. Lotsa stoners out there sharing the wisdom! :)

YouTube is my best friend! lol I would have to go to the store to get perlite as I don't have it at my house. Would you say that that would help it out a lot? I have to order the fox farm soil today. I seem to see two different types of fox farm brand soil would know which one would be better over the other

I personally like to use either sunshine 4 or promix and add a few other things like perlite worm casting,vermiculite etc. It's all a preference thing. My soil has no added time release nutes either so you then have to supplement with other nutes at times. As the guy before said read around different journals and research google or something for good soil or soilless mixes and use what is local to you. If you have a hydro type store close by head to it and see what they recommend for media for growing.

Thank you guys for the help here are some progress pics
420-magazine-mobile2139167993.jpg
I've also moved the lights up to about 2 - 2 1/2 feet would you know if this would be too far for 6 100 w equvalent lights with 1600 lumens also since she's a little over watered I turned the humidifier off to let her use the water that's in the soil, I guess I should mention that I transplanted for the time being so that there's less tree bark in the soil

Thank you guys for the help here are some progress pics
420-magazine-mobile2139167993.jpg
I've also moved the lights up to about 2 - 2 1/2 feet would you know if this would be too far for 6 100 w equvalent lights with 1600 lumens also since she's a little over watered I turned the humidifier off to let her use the water that's in the soil, I guess I should mention that I transplanted for the time being so that there's less tree bark in the soil
That's way too far away for cfl bulbs, drop those lights to within inches of the top of the plant, the closer the better. Also like they said above your probably overwatering. If you water too much the roots never have to grow out to search for water. A large root mass makes for a large plant.

That's way too far away for cfl bulbs, drop those lights to within inches of the top of the plant, the closer the better. Also like they said above your probably overwatering. If you water too much the roots never have to grow out to search for water. A large root mass makes for a large plant.

Agreed on bulbs. Get 'em right down over the plants--inches away. As long as the back of your hand placed at plant level doesn't feel too hot, it's OK. CFLs have to be CLOSE to work. I just repositioned mine this morning. You can see in the photo how close they are. If you are willing to invest in tools, a $16 lux meter at Amazon can really help to understand how much light you have and where you need to move lamps. Shoot for 50,000 lux or so.

Fox Farms Ocean Forest with 30% perlite seems to be a favored mix here. You will need to supplement it later in your grow.

2017-05-24_Day_65_1130_001.JPG

Instead of using the dome clamps I want to try t5 so I can get more lights in the same amount of soace

The light fixtures that have a cone shaped aluminum reflector with a clamp on the end?

Gotcha. I've got one of those in my setup except I rigged it with 4 CFLs (but it gets hot in there and one of the CFLs burned out already, so not a good setup for longevity of lights. Great for focusing a lot of light in a small area, though!) If I was going to go with T5s, I think I'd get an array of 2' long high-output tubes so I could get them in close.

2017-03-28_Day_7_1700h_001.JPG

Back
Top Bottom