4x4x6.5 1000w HPS grow tent setup help

onefloplung

I have a yaheetech 4x4x6.5 grow tent that i will be using a 1000w hps bulb and an air cool hood with. Im wondering what size fan i should get as far as CFM. i live in area with roughly high temperatures, although the grow will be indoors in roughly 75 degree temperature. I'm concerned about the 1000w getting too hot in such a small place. currently, the ducting on my reflector hood is 6 inch. I also have a carbon filter that is 6 inch as well. Should i use a 6 inch inline exhaust fan? or a larger 8 inch or 10 inch for higher power. If so, can i get a converter for the carbon filter and ducting to the hood as to adjust the differences in sizes? I don't know the exact brand on my carbon filter, but i imagine the max CFM on it is 600, so I'd imagine my fan cant have a higher CFM than that. Should i stick to a 6 inch fan (roughly 440 CFM), go bigger with a higher diameter (say 8 or 10 inch) but use a ducting converter, or should i get something larger and a new carbon filter altogether? of course, if there is a DIY option, i'd prefer to save the money on buying the least amount of new equipment.

Thanks in advance!:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom