1000w or 2x600w 5x5 tent

Well...I've never run overhead HPS units...but unless they were cool tube units...my short answer would be no...but...given the added horsepower over the 1000, you could prolly dial them back some and if you decide to expand your grow...just add a tent and subtract a light from your first tent...LED's are always an option...but do some research...I would definitely lean towards to COB's with some red during flowering from what I've been reading...the 2 cheap COB's I will be using with some full spectrum Led's this year are quite impressive...if they can go the distance...will be money well spent...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Yeah will be in air cooled hoods in the winter.
Ok ill look at cobs are they better than hps then?

...depends who you talk to...some diehard HPS growers will say No Way!...but...I've been seeing lights that match and exceed 1000W HPS lights...and doing that using less power and running way cooler...some DIY'ers on this forum have built some fantastic lights(Fan Leaf,Shiggity Flip, Nismo12)...other's go with plug and play units like the Perfect Sun(light mover required for 5X5), and Perfect Sun COB...They can be pricey...and maybe not for every entry level grower...personally...as a 1 grow a year retired guy, I can't afford to switch from my current plan which began over a year ago(replace my hillbilly conglomeration of lights)...20/20 hindsight...I could have done things differently in regards to light purchases...but...life is learning...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Back
Top Bottom