Too Soon To Flower?

AfricanFarmer

Greetings.. This is my first indoor grow, and my 3rd grow overall. Using a florescent tube and Cfl's for Veg. These are all baseed of different strains. (Swazi cross,Skunk and Greenhouse) The plants are about 1-2months old all germinated a week or 2 apart, I have about 10 in total, hoping for at least 4 females. Would it be too soon to Flower if I'm looking for a good yield? With at least 4 females. and by the way if anyone could share more info on a strain called "Greenhouse" as it's very prominent in my country but most dealers aren't familiar with its origins..
DSC_012738.JPG

What kind of space do you have? Are you trying to bloom a bunch of​ plants at the same time, or are you aiming to bloom them one at a time?

I just switched to Flower 2 days ago, the width is only 100cm, I haven't measured height but I would estimate around 150-200cm. There are 6 plants in this space. I planted this much because it's bagseed and I assume I will throw out a few males. How many do you think I can manage in this space once full into flower?

hello africanfarmer!

with a space that small you might be best of doing some sort of training maby even try scrogging, if there is a few males in there it will free some space up for light to penetrate lower branches if you dont train.

if its 100cmsq you should be okay, iv flowered 5 in a 100cm tent before and got great results!

Thanks Bro, I have never tried any training as this is my first indoor grow, I think i'll give it a try, since these are all different strains I'm hoping they would respond well to it.

Thanks Bro, I have never tried any training as this is my first indoor grow, I think i'll give it a try, since these are all different strains I'm hoping they would respond well to it.

You can try what I do, I use some weight to bend the branches. Here I used a "S".

IMG_20170529_185430.jpg

I predict they will all grow up into your lights, especially that Sativa. Normally I'd suggest topping, but it's pointless at this stage since you already flipped to 12/12. The next few weeks, they'll stretch considerably which will likely overgrow your space. My bloom areas are only slightly longer and wider, but thankfully higher and I just had my Bubblelicious grow up into my cooltube reflector. I had to super crop the tallest branch back by almost 2 feet (60cm) and defoliate considerably just to give me a chance. Another biggy to consider is if you'll have adequate ventilation! The more canopy you have to manage, the more surface area to perspire.

I suggest you pick your best plant after gender is revealed on all, and kill the rest, or revert them back to veg if you have another space and see what happens. Even with mediocre ventilation, you can still take a very nice harvest (est 112-224g). Your plants going in all look stable and generally happy, but when they get to fighting over best exposure, nobody's gonna be happy.

Hi Skybound, I actually put the pots on top of some crates so they can reach the lights as opposed to hanging them. I was planning on removing the crates once they get much closer to the lights and place em on the surface. The crates are about 70cm high. Do you think the height would still be a problem even after I remove the crates? Yes I do have another space like this where I'm already vegging 4 smaller plants

It's not just height I am concerned about, but also floor space to plant count. The plants grow up, but also outwards. Even if you had just 2 in there, I still believe your space will get inundated with branches and leaves which will produce a lot of humidity which is bad for bloom. Your plants looked pretty tall after week 1. After week 3, you'll probably cause damage to the one(s) you're keeping trying to remove the ones you don't want. The males you can remove in pieces, but what if they all turn out to be girls?

Lol I would be shocked if they all turned out to be girls. I actually have another vacant space the same size. I really thought 2 girls would fit in this space once further into flower but let's see, I will then use my other vacant space, I would just have to get more lights. I will get a 200w hps tomorrow to add onto the florescent and cfl's, hopefully that should be fine? And if I end up flowering just 1 plant a side I am really hoping the yield will be okay, outdoor growing is much easier lol.

Back
Top Bottom