Autos to germ for DWC

tryan2grow1

Mother Nature has allowed me the chance to bring some auto flowers to life. To ensure the best, strongest seedlings there are some clarifications required. My plan is to put the beans to germ directly into rapid rooters. Germ them in a warm dark environment. Now once germed I know the young seedlings need light at this stage. Should I wait to put them into the DWC until roots show from the bottom of the rr or put them directly from the germ station into the buckets once the seedling break the surface? Then when I do actually put them into the DWC, do I put the water level at the bottom of the net pot or an inch below? Then another question, this is not a drip system, should I hand water them for a few more days until roots show from the net pots? This would be my second go round with my latest DWC setup. My first attempt, I may have stunted the seedling growth in many ways. First, I germed in paper towels, then transferred them to the rr, then I put them directly into the DWC right on top of the water level. One plant took only a few days to show roots from the net pot. One plant took almost two weeks to show. The "bush" in the pic was first, the "lil gal" was long in coming. These both were put to germ on 4/20. They both seem to be happy and thriving. These were "bag seed" as a trial run. Now my next batch is to raise some meds from known strains. As an investment, I'd really like to get the best return for my monies.....any and all thoughts welcome. Thank you in advance one and all......grow babies grow!

420-magazine-mobile131193054.jpg
420-magazine-mobile43457823.jpg

I recently started an auto for the first time. I used my tried and true paper towel method, transferred to rockwool and placed her in a humidity dome. I waited about 4 days continuously checking for roots to come out. The humidity dome is 7 inches tall and she stretched more than I like so I went ahead and placed the rockwool in the bottom of the net pot, stood her up with the clay pebbles and put her in the DWC res. I could barely see any roots which I didn't like but went ahead and put her in the big bin. I left the water level just below the net pot but made sure my air stone was splashing water on the bottom of the net pot. It was about half inch or so below the net. It has been two days since I put her in there and she seems to be doing much better, straightening up and growing nodes.

As far as a return on your money, I would suggest looking into colloidal silver for making your own fem and/or auto seeds. I'm currently trying it for the first time with the auto I started. If your into that sort of thing just reference fanleaf's journals and posts. Good luck and Happy Growing!
:high-five:

Thank you for your response LiveAndLetGro. At this juncture I am gathering as much information as I can about getting the next adventure under way. It will probably be another 8 to 10 weeks before my current DWC is completed and ready for a new batch. And big time thanks for pointing me in the direction of "experimentation". Love being the mad scientist. Grow on my friend.

Back
Top Bottom