Flowering stage and moving plants

NunyaBis

This might be a stupid question, but if I have to move my plants out of my grow tent during the "lights on" period and they end up being under regular fluorescent lights for about 10-15 minutes instead of their HPS, is that likely to screw something up and cause them to hermie or anything?

My understanding is it's the 12 hour night cycle that shouldn't be interrupted.

1000w HPS light, photoperiod plants (Dark Angel and White Widow)

This might be a stupid question, but if I have to move my plants out of my grow tent during the "lights on" period and they end up being under regular fluorescent lights for about 10-15 minutes instead of their HPS, is that likely to screw something up and cause them to hermie or anything?

My understanding is it's the 12 hour night cycle that shouldn't be interrupted.

1000w HPS light, photoperiod plants (Dark Angel and White Widow)

Yeah, man, as soon as you turn your back, they'll hop right back into the grow tent. Probably wreck your fluorescent lights and kick your cat on the way back in there, too.

Err... No, they'll be fine. Ever see plants outside when the clouds roll in and hide the sun? They're probably fine, too ;) .

And you have it correct, do NOT interrupt your dark cycle. A little bit of variability during the "day" period won't hurt, though. I wouldn't take it to extremes just to prove a point or anything, lol, but I also wouldn't worry much about it. Don't forget to stick them back in their home before lights-out....

Yeah, man, as soon as you turn your back, they'll hop right back into the grow tent. Probably wreck your fluorescent lights and kick your cat on the way back in there, too.

Not Mr. Whiskers!!!

Anyway, I kinda figured it wouldn't actually do anything, but I figured I'd ask, just to be safe. I was "worried" because I'd be moving them out from under my little "mini sun" to a light so weak by comparison that I didn't want them to be all "Oh, it's sleepy time already? Ok then..." and then go back under the 1000W and suddenly grow balls as a result. ;)

Back
Top Bottom