Need help! When should I top or how many nodes? For scrog

HigherTheHigh

hello everyone!

im nearly in week 3 of veg for my girls, some of them are starting there 4th & 5th node now.

currently under a 300w cfl, but will be going under a 600w hps in 1 weeks time.

iv heard to top the first time then top again 1-2 weeks after to super crop for scrogging.

the strain im growing is northern lights.

8 plants in a 1.2 x 2.4 (4x8) tent.

im planning on vegging for 5 weeks as thats all i can veg for and 10 weeks flower.

any advice on scrogging will be very helpful and handy.

thanks

hello everyone!

im nearly in week 3 of veg for my girls, some of them are starting there 4th & 5th node now.

currently under a 300w cfl, but will be going under a 600w hps in 1 weeks time.

iv heard to top the first time then top again 1-2 weeks after to super crop for scrogging.

the strain im growing is northern lights.

8 plants in a 1.2 x 2.4 (4x8) tent.

im planning on vegging for 5 weeks as thats all i can veg for and 10 weeks flower.

any advice on scrogging will be very helpful and handy.

thanks
Top them now.

Set your net to the desired height (keep in mind the space you need to have from your light. Remembering they will grow through the net a few inches)

As the plant starts reaching through the net just tuck it back to keep everything nice and even

you really dont need to top more than once

Check out my not so rookie and clu journals for a good idea of what im talking about.
Both journals i grow and scrog northern lights my clu is most recent and still open

Hope i helped some.
Need me to clear somethings up let me know im glad to help and good luck

thanks for that lootz, yeah iv read your journal and really enjoyed the outcome of not so rookie.

how long did you veg for? ill post some pics of them today.

the only reason to top twice for was i could of cut the veg time down and had more bud sites through the scrog.

i no quality is better than quantity but how much do you think i could pull out of an 4x8?

thanks lootz

I only topped my scrog once after she had 4 nodes AN worked well, 1 plant filled my 4x4 tent
420-magazine-mobile1371495913.jpg

thanks for that lootz, yeah iv read your journal and really enjoyed the outcome of not so rookie.

how long did you veg for? ill post some pics of them today.

the only reason to top twice for was i could of cut the veg time down and had more bud sites through the scrog.

i no quality is better than quantity but how much do you think i could pull out of an 4x8?

thanks lootz

Id have to look back at the journal to give exact numbers on how long i vegged.

I really went according to how much space i had.

Im in an almost 3x3 tent
So i went to about 75% of my net full.

First week of stretch tuck under the net
Second week of stretch let the stretch up.

In your case topping twice would be a very good idea lol

Theres alot of unknowns to give you a number as far as how much you can pull
Not to mention ive never grown in that big of a space and
i dont want to misinform you either way.

I will say in a 4x8 scrog ive seen lbs pulled!

Theres a journal here somewhere that ill try to find of an amazing scrog of GG #4 to give you an idea of whats possible

Im in an almost 3x3 tent

Theres a journal here somewhere that ill try to find of an amazing scrog of GG #4 to give you an idea of whats possible

iv topped 2 i had spare just to see how they turn out in the next week, im not really a fan of topping after i LST'D my last girls and 4 filled up a 3x3 tent with only 3 weeks veg.

but i no ill have lots of support throught out my grow from this site.

yeah if you could find it that would be great!

thanks lootz!

Im in an almost 3x3 tent

iv topped 2 i had spare just to see how they turn out in the next week, im not really a fan of topping after i LST'D my last girls and 4 filled up a 3x3 tent with only 3 weeks veg.

but i no ill have lots of support throught out my grow from this site.

yeah if you could find it that would be great!

thanks lootz!

I have a journal if u wana check it out :) 6 weeks veg. An no sorry not many pics before flower but I'll see what I can dig up for ya

hello wiley!

your grow looks great too! i hope i get huge colas like yours!

yeah i think im going to veg for 5 weeks but i can go an extra week.

yeah its just im not confident enough for training after iv topped, sure ill be able to get it done though.

if you have any training pics then id appreciate it.

thanks wiley!

It's easy, the plants r durable they can take a serious amount of hurt lol. I use the inside of electrical wire for hooks an tie them to the pots. Just pull the branches down to where u want them AN tie :) if the branch feels like it's Gona snap atop an let up a lil AN tie it. After a few days u can pull it down a lil more if need be.

so here they are starting there 3rd week from popping soil, topped 2 that are a little older to see how they turn out.

anyone think they look a bit small for 3 weeks? cant remember what my past ones were like at 3 weeks and dont have pics.

IMG_20170531_115425.jpg
IMG_20170531_115414.jpg

Hey Wiley - that plant looks amazing! I'm in my 3rd week veg in Coco (4x4 tent) and have just assembled my flower tent (8x8ft). I bought a 8x8 scrog net but (probably a stupid question) how do you put a net up? Meaning, what does it tie up to? Cos I assume it needs to be quite taut. I hope it's ok to highjack this thread!

Hey Higherthehigh
Mine are the same age and about the same height. I added a CO2 Bag (with little confidence and just out of curiosity!) a week ago and my plants got bushier. Could be unrelated! I'll get a pic up later tonight. And I'm new to this indoor growing thing btw. Your plants look healthy to me.

Hey Wiley - that plant looks amazing! I'm in my 3rd week veg in Coco (4x4 tent) and have just assembled my flower tent (8x8ft). I bought a 8x8 scrog net but (probably a stupid question) how do you put a net up? Meaning, what does it tie up to? Cos I assume it needs to be quite taut. I hope it's ok to highjack this thread!

hello annabanana yeah if you need answers just post on here for people to help you out.

as for your scrog you could build 2 4x8 frames out of wood and atatch your net to that, thats all im doing for my scrog.

yeah pics would be great if you could, think the co2 bags work then?

The net i bought for my 3x3 had clips on it to attach directly to my tent

Pronet Modulable 120 - 4" x 4" - Urban Ag - Premium Importer & Wholesaler of Gardening Solutions

I highly recommend that net its works very well youd need 2 but it takes no work to attach it to your frame and set it to the height you want
does anyone no if i can have my canopy around 12" away from the top of my plants? want to try keep them low.

thanks
No sure what exactly your asking but

my net is set at exactly 12 inches above the top of my pot just make sure when you set your net you have enough room to work underneath if you need to

hello annabanana yeah if you need answers just post on here for people to help you out.

as for your scrog you could build 2 4x8 frames out of wood and atatch your net to that, thats all im doing for my scrog.

yeah pics would be great if you could, think the co2 bags work then?
Thanks for that. I'll have to have a look out in my wood-shed.
As for the CO2, I'm too new to indoor growing to say with any accuracy BUT there was a definite growth spurt! I'd decided after researching indoor gardening that I'd not do CO2 before I could manage the other factors however this thing was only $70 and required zero effort...
IMG_029755.JPG

Here is 3 BigBud in 2litre pots (been waiting 2 weeks for Great White Mycc to use in transplant) on Day 24 from seed. I topped the bottom left one and have defoliated all a bit. Should I tie them down when transplanted into big fabric pots? Then scrog after flip? I'd LOVE 1 that looked like yours!!

iv put my girls under a 600w mh veg bulb which iv been told is supposed to be great for bushing them up.

problem i now have is there at 30-32c and im not getting my 6" fan till next week!

HELP!

iv put my girls under a 600w mh veg bulb which iv been told is supposed to be great for bushing them up.

problem i now have is there at 30-32c and im not getting my 6" fan till next week!

HELP!
Is your ballast dimmable?
If so just dim it to get those temps in check.

And because its not turned up so high you can probably drop your light a little closer to compensate somewhat for the wattage drop in the meantime...

Back
Top Bottom