Cheap 1st grow looking for thoughts?

papireak420

420-magazine-mobile1827632928.jpg
420-magazine-mobile182359204.jpg

Please post any questions you have and I'll try my best to answer them for you.

You came to the right place for thoughts. Your going to learn a lot from been on this site trust me, I did and I'm pretty sure a lot of others have too.

I'd also recommend starting a grow journal so you can keep people updated with your grow and that way they can help you out.

Good luck, everybody has to start somewhere I'm currently growing a white Widow Auto, it's my third time growing but first time properly growing as in with nutrients and lights etc.

I'm only looking at a harvest of 4-7g but I've learnt a fare amount from it for my next grow.

Nice set up! I like how resourceful it is.

If it is viable I really recommend getting an LED light. You can get them as cheap as $27 on Amazon.

Those three CFLs in the taped-together sockets... They're basically just illuminating the cardboard out to the sides (and each other), because the vast overwhelming majority of the light is going outwards from the side of the bulb - NOT from the end. Several times more of their output would usefully reach your plants if you oriented them horizontally... preferably with some kind of homemade reflector clipped to each, such as what you could make by slicing straight down the side of an aluminum soda/beer can, then cutting partway around the bottom and top so you can open them up. Leave the bottom partially attached and you can angle it up to help reflect the relatively small amount of light that hits it, and trim the top so that it'll attach tightly to either the base of the bulb or the socket. Wham, instant (likely exponential) increase in efficiency, meaning more of the light you're paying for each month by way of the electricity bill will get used by the plants.

Might want to see if you can find some white cardboard, lol, or else get a cheap can of flat white spray paint and apply a few thin coats to what you have (and lose the aluminum foil that you've attached to the cardboard - flat white paint is more reflective).

Yeah i was totallu having a hard time but im building a grow box out of pvc thid weekend. But thanks for the tips ill keep thay white paint in mind. And i took the lil refelters of cause i felt like there wasent enouht light

So I have a question guys, is it better to have the grow in an open room like zigg306 or in a closet like mine. I'm having trouble with air flow and heat and humidity any thoughts?
420-magazine-mobile1938214890.jpg

I've converted a wardrobe, used white paint. Got a cheap LED light, a fan and a humidifier. After some failed seedlings I realized were drying out due to lack of ventilation, I now leave the window open a bit all the time and the wardrobe is always open a bit too. I'm using advanced nutes ph perfect so I don't have to test ph (another hassle gone). For my heating I just use my central heating in that room. My baby is doing well and I'm starting two more tomorrow, three is my max for this space I think. :cheer:

She is a mutant, but the only one that survived so I'm nurturing her lol, she's NL auto so no need to worry about light leaks and timers

So I've had this plant for about 3 weeks. Just put under marshydro led 300w a weed ago and Repotted using Scotts soil. My question! Is it a male or female?
420-magazine-mobile152152983.jpg
420-magazine-mobile433431804.jpg

Pro mix premium potting soil 8 dollers a bag at lowes. And thanks cause ive been battling thrips. Since my first mistake with PC soil said 4 in 1 with waaay to much bark

Back
Top Bottom