Male Or Female?

YetiCool420

Finally...

After readjng and researching I still cannot figure out which this plant is. Its my first ever but yea, there it is. Boy or girl?

Yeah that'll do it, I'm on mobile to.

If you go to www.420magazine.com/forums and scroll right down to the very bottom, bellow logout you'll see a button labeled 'desktop', mines green.

That will switch you to the desktop mode, then you'll have a menu along the top with 'Gallery', click that then down the bottom you'll see 'upload'. There's a few options for uploading and linking but you should be able to work it out. It took me a bit to figure it out too.

EDIT: The little camera icon with the green arrow is what I use to link pictures from the gallery.

IMG_030554.JPG

No worries, looks to be too young to sex as of yet.

Certain growth traits can to an extent indicate sex before preflowers appear, but that's beyond my knowledge/experience.

Depending on strain, lights, nutes etc they should start showing signs in the next few weeks.

The first things to develop are the stipules (two at most/all nodes), seeing these bring great excitement, but sadly as far as I know it shows no indication of sex.

Next, the male/female preflowers will develop.

Males grow pollen sacks, little green balls next to the stipules.

Females in my experience first look similar to pollen sacks, but will eventually grow a pointy tip. Pistils(white hairs) will grow out of the ends.

Have a quick Google image search for "male vs female cannabis preflowers" and check out the 3rd image(looks like it was created in paint). This should better show the difference and what each part looks like.
NOTE: Both sex preflowers are on the one plant for the purpose of the illustration only.

Hopefully this gives you some insight on what to look for.

At night I put it under 5100 lumens of 5k LEDs, during the day I take "it" outside. Its in some regular feed store fertilizer, nothing special. I actually pruned the bottom, single leaves off because they were turning yellow. From what I have read the plant wastes alot of energy trying to fix them so its better to just snip them. I would say this is close to the 4th week, I repotted early due to clay breaking and I dont know if it messed with it or what not. Thanks for the advixe though!

Out of interest, what type of LED's do you use?

Unsure of your grow size, but the sun gives off approximately 98,000 lumens per square meter.

These smaller grows(I'm doing the same) can't provide an equivalent to the sun with the smaller lights like cfls. This will slow the growth and development to an extent, as opposed to a plant vegging under a 600w hps for example.

Pruning and re-potting can cause stress which will stall things as well.

Just some GE LEDs, bulbs. I read some forums threads and for the few hours it spends indoors I felt like it would suffice...for now. It gets about 3 hours of dark per day. How about you?

You wont be able to determine sex until you flower the plant. It has to be on 12/12 light cycle. Once flowering cycle starts it can take 2-4 weeks depend on strain.

RoyRoy

You wont be able to determine sex until you flower the plant. It has to be on 12/12 light cycle. Once flowering cycle starts it can take 2-4 weeks depend on strain.

RoyRoy

That contradicts what I have read, numerous times and places actually. So now I am quite confused as to what the truth is...guess I cant handle the truth.

Back
Top Bottom