Am I ready to flip into flower?

namlebug

Hi all...1st time grower. I have 6 White Widow females that I have lst\'d since the very beginning. They are 46 days into veg. It\'s about an 8-9 inch even canopy and as you can see are healthy, nice and bushy. My real problem is that I need to harvest them by Sept. 1st. Would love some input on when to flip them...THANKS!!!

20170606_204133.jpg
20170604_140802-1.jpg

White Widows have an 8-9 week flowering period, so I'd say count 9 weeks backwards from your absolute latest harvest day and go from there. Going by that, you'd want to flip to flower on June 30th at the latest if you want to keep them in veg for that long.

Thanks for the reply....I guess my real issue is that if I do that, there is NO time on the other end if the buds aren't ready, or any other issues. Also I need some time to cure them...all by Sept 1. I was going to veg them one more week just to be cautious. That gives me an extra 2 weeks in flower if I need. Do they look ready to flip in your opinion?

Ah, well if you want to include drying and curing into your calculations you'll have to add on another 2 weeks for curing (at least) and say 3-4 days drying time depending on your ambient humidity. Ideally once you've got them in jars for the curing process the buds will at least be more easily moved around / concealed if that's a concern, and they should also be scentless (more or less) with the exception of burping the jars.

As for if they look ready to flip, I might not be the best person to ask, as I'm on my first grow as well, but given your timeline requirement, you really do only have like 1 more week max. You'd honestly need someone with a lot more growing experience under their belt to be able to say if you would really benefit / get like 2 more nodes per stem or something in that extra week vs the risk of going over your timeline.

For what it's worth, I've got 2 White Widows growing in a tent alongside a Dark Angel at the moment, and I flipped them to flower after 4 weeks of veg. The larger WW measured 11.5" from the growing media, the smaller one measured 10.5". 2 days later the larger WW measured 16" and the smaller one measured 13.5". Just measured them a sec ago, the larger WW is now standing at 27" and the smaller one is at 24" and I'm currently on day 13 of flower. So, yeah, the flowering stretch is no joke, heh, they like doubled in width too.

Yes sir...thought about the stretching early on and thats why I lst'd the hell out of them and each plant has at least 6 bud sites along the top. 46 days old only 8 inches tall but their stem is horizontal. Plus Im in a state where it recently became legal and just wanted to try to grow some.... my grow set up could have been made my McGyver...but its working LOL

I been flipping to 12/12 at about 4 weeks so 46 days is plenty of time. Go ahead and flip if ya like. The main diff is size of plant. A long veg will produce a bigger plant but more time to get there. I've been on sativa for a while and the stretch is about 3 X height after flip.

Back
Top Bottom