First grow questions that I cannot find answer for

Gurgo

Greetings, in my first grow i used a PC case which is medium size and i used 2 led lights. The first one is 18W LED Grow light from ebay and the second one is 14W LED bulb (the light comming out of the case is pretty blinding ) that i got from my local store ,the whole inside of the case is covered in reflective tape which is clear like a mirror (you can see reflections pretty clear in it) the air flow is comming from 1x 12inch fan with led stripe in it (i dont think it does anything in terms of added lummens but thats the one i had around) But the question i ask is.. the Lights are pretty hot to touch not the bulbs but the middle of the lamp itself. I would say that its around 60-70*C and im kinda afraid that the plant, if it grows will catch on fire eventualy. Can this happen ? I can add one more fan just to be sure. I would like to ask you for some tips on how to eliminate heat. Next. I used normal soil in which i grow hot chilli. I think its witout added nutrients is it OK ?
The whole setup was made on a budget and was ment to be a secret so i dont want to invest any more than i really have to.

Greetings, in my first grow i used a PC case which is medium size and i used 2 led lights. The first one is 18W LED Grow light from ebay and the second one is 14W LED bulb (the light comming out of the case is pretty blinding ) that i got from my local store ,the whole inside of the case is covered in reflective tape which is clear like a mirror (you can see reflections pretty clear in it) the air flow is comming from 1x 12inch fan with led stripe in it (i dont think it does anything in terms of added lummens but thats the one i had around) But the question i ask is.. the Lights are pretty hot to touch not the bulbs but the middle of the lamp itself. I would say that its around 60-70*C and im kinda afraid that the plant, if it grows will catch on fire eventualy. Can this happen ? I can add one more fan just to be sure. I would like to ask you for some tips on how to eliminate heat. Next. I used normal soil in which i grow hot chilli. I think its witout added nutrients is it OK ?
The whole setup was made on a budget and was ment to be a secret so i dont want to invest any more than i really have to.

What are the measurements? When u say a PC case... like a tower(desktop) computer case? Have any pictures?

It is called peppermint kush from Barneys Farm indica high strain it is supposed to be even shorter and bushier than normal Indica i wanted to do some plant training and tie the stem around the pot to achieve some sort of spiral so that the light can get even to the lower leafs

It is called peppermint kush from Barneys Farm indica high strain it is supposed to be even shorter and bushier than normal Indica i wanted to do some plant training and tie the stem around the pot to achieve some sort of spiral so that the light can get even to the lower leafs

Well I hope u keep adding info and picks along the way so I can see how it turns out... I think the plants will show you(curled leaves, burnt leaves etc) before anything catches on fire... hopefully someone more experienced pops in and can help u further I have my first stealth grow in a old fridge... I can't figure out how to add it to my signature but if u follow my name to my posts u can see it... I'm having trouble with keeping the temperature down right now... similar to what u r going through... but I'm hoping I don't have to worry about fire...

Back
Top Bottom