Seeds - Regular vs Feminized vs Autoflower

The advantage to regular seeds is that you can get a male and female and breed them and reproduce your own without having to buy them again feminize seeds your benefits are the fact that you know every one of them is going to be female the con to the feminize seeds is the fact that they are not as good of quality as the regular seeds as for automatics they work well for people that don't have more than one grow space to do it in and they will Bloom automatically and only have a shorter flowering time

The advantage to regular seeds is that you can get a male and female and breed them and reproduce your own without having to buy them again feminize seeds your benefits are the fact that you know every one of them is going to be female the con to the feminize seeds is the fact that they are not as good of quality as the regular seeds as for automatics they work well for people that don't have more than one grow space to do it in and they will Bloom automatically and only have a shorter flowering time
Will you wind up with more product from a regular or feminized seed as opposed to an auto seed?

With regular seeds you won't know for a few weeks (from starting germination) if it is male or female, right?

How much of a quality difference is there between a regular and feminized seed?

I am just starting out, so I have no plans to breed plants any time soon. I only plan to have 1 space to grow from seed to finished product in, but I'm planning to do a 4x4x7 tent with maybe 6 mature plants. Perhaps down the road I'll get a 2nd smaller tent or another small area to grow seedlings and then move them when bigger, but for now the plan is just a single space.

A regular is going to produce more amount by weight than an auto but a regular is going to be more potent than a feminized but around the same weight

No you will not know for a few weeks or until you sex them if they were male and female from regular seeds but if you get a mail you can always isolate it until the pollen is ready cut apollon Sackhoff or Branch put it in a ziplock bag with some rice and then you can colonize and remake your own seeds when anytime you want

The difference in regular in feminizing quality is the regular is going to be a little bit more potent but the feminize seeds or a lot quicker to hermaphrodite because of the way that they are done it is not done naturally

When you are ready to set up or start another project just let me know or anyone else and we will help you through it if you have anymore questions feel free to write them just the way you are so I can read them one at a time

A regular is going to produce more amount by weight than an auto but a regular is going to be more potent than a feminized but around the same weight

No you will not know for a few weeks or until you sex them if they were male and female from regular seeds but if you get a mail you can always isolate it until the pollen is ready cut apollon Sackhoff or Branch put it in a ziplock bag with some rice and then you can colonize and remake your own seeds when anytime you want

The difference in regular in feminizing quality is the regular is going to be a little bit more potent but the feminize seeds or a lot quicker to hermaphrodite because of the way that they are done it is not done naturally

When you are ready to set up or start another project just let me know or anyone else and we will help you through it if you have anymore questions feel free to write them just the way you are so I can read them one at a time
Thank you again for the response.

If I order seeds online, is there any way to know or guess how many seeds will be male vs. female? How much more potent will a regular be vs. feminized? I see some sites advertising 22-26% THC for feminized seeds depending on strain.

I suppose I could start with extra of regular seeds and just get rid of the males. I'm trying not to waste time and electricity, etc. on males though.

I am getting ready to start up my first grow, figuring out all of the stuff I'll need and whatnot. So far my plan is 4x4x7 tent soil grow with 6 mature plants and I am thinking of going the COD LED route to save on electricity costs and avoid needing to run an AC for cooling. I'm also thinking of using the #5 (5 gallon equivalent) air pots for potting them.

I'm not sure yet what to start the seeds and small plants/seedlings in yet. I need to read up more on germination and initial planting, etc.

If you buy 10 seeds 8 will most likely germinate or are going to be mail and for are normally going to be female kind of a 4 female you may lose one to being sick so that should leave you with three healthy ones left on average that an easy breakdown

. Potency can differ from 1 to 3% from regular to feminize seeds the big thing about feminize seeds is they stress in hermaphrodite very easy as for the percentage of THC that they are giving you you have to remember they are growing in perfect condition and that they have expert Growers on hand to do this you can push 22 to 26% depending on your skill level I have push them to 30% at the highest but that one was dreaming OG so you could range anywhere from 8 milligrams to the 20mg depending on your skill level your life your conditions and genetics

. As for a light LED you're going to need around a thousand Watts for a tent that size

. I have a form called LMAO cloning for dummies you're more than welcome to stop by and I will help you with cloning seeds or anything else that you could need help with I get a little carried away with things because I run a dispensary in New Mexico

If you buy 10 seeds 8 will most likely germinate or are going to be mail and for are normally going to be female kind of a 4 female you may lose one to being sick so that should leave you with three healthy ones left on average that an easy breakdown

. Potency can differ from 1 to 3% from regular to feminize seeds the big thing about feminize seeds is they stress in hermaphrodite very easy as for the percentage of THC that they are giving you you have to remember they are growing in perfect condition and that they have expert Growers on hand to do this you can push 22 to 26% depending on your skill level I have push them to 30% at the highest but that one was dreaming OG so you could range anywhere from 8 milligrams to the 20mg depending on your skill level your life your conditions and genetics

. As for a light LED you're going to need around a thousand Watts for a tent that size

. I have a form called LMAO cloning for dummies you're more than welcome to stop by and I will help you with cloning seeds or anything else that you could need help with I get a little carried away with things because I run a dispensary in New Mexico
Do you mean "form" as in a document you can share of a "forum"? The more info the better as far as I'm concerned, nothing wrong with getting carried away. Very cool that you run a dispensary in NM!

I am still unsure on the seeds, I'll have to do some more searching and make a decision soon I suppose. Feminized seems easier, but a regular seed sounds better, which isn't too surprising. I may go with fem. seeds for my 1st grow just due to ease and to not have to worry about scrapping anything, but I'm not sure yet.

6 plants in a 4x4 sounds like it could get a lil cozy
I originally thought 4 would fit better but I was checking out a bunch of grow journals and doing reading and a lot of people seemed to go with 6 plants in a 4x4 and something like 4 plants in a 3x3. I'm open to ideas and haven't made any real decisions just yet though.

I would run 4 plants in a 4x4 tent, 5 weeks veg, scrogged or have 2 layers or trellace.

Regular seeds are cheaper as they are 50/50 chance of males and females, i started out with regular seeds and ended up getting 4 females out of the 10 which i didnt mind.

Autos tend to cost alot more in electric for lights being on 20/4 - 24/0.

Feminised is your garentee of them being female, pay for quality, i would reccomend royal queen seeds!

I would run 4 plants in a 4x4 tent, 5 weeks veg, scrogged or have 2 layers or trellace.

Regular seeds are cheaper as they are 50/50 chance of males and females, i started out with regular seeds and ended up getting 4 females out of the 10 which i didnt mind.

Autos tend to cost alot more in electric for lights being on 20/4 - 24/0.

Feminised is your garentee of them being female, pay for quality, i would reccomend royal queen seeds!

Thanks!! I went for feminized and got 5 free auto fem. I have my first grow currently in 2nd week of flowering and they were just bag seed;) I want to get some new girls going so I appreciate the feedback! I ordered from AMS through BC Seeds.

I'm going to try LST and scrogging for my next grow

Go for a scrog, alot simpler and stress free, everytime you see a new stem come through the screen just bend over and tie, flip them when there 50-75% filled the screen.

Back
Top Bottom