Having a little issue - Heat stress?

Task

So I just got my new room built and am having an issue I've only had in small cases but now it's effecting a good portion of my garden, I'm pretty sure it's heat stress even though my room isn't getting above 80. I'm currently only running 4 600's at 2 feet, it's a 10x8 room, good air movement, air cooled lights etc. I have 3 strains which are sherbet, the white, and ghost OG. The OG is the strain experiencing the stress with taco leaves I've done everything from putting a humidifier in the room (cause my room is very dry) to light flushing them cause I did just feed them for the first time with canna terra and some additives so my only other guess is it's heat related. But it's confusing cause everything seems right. I should also mention though I did only notice it the same day after 1st feed but that day I also flipped another light on. So I'm just looking for some input and suggestions, it is still very early I got another month of veg so there still very young and can bounce back ive got pictures as well if you need. Please help

20170619_103510.jpg
20170619_103434.jpg

So I just got my new room built and am having an issue I've only had in small cases but now it's effecting a good portion of my garden, I'm pretty sure it's heat stress even though my room isn't getting above 80. I'm currently only running 4 600's at 2 feet, it's a 10x8 room, good air movement, air cooled lights etc. I have 3 strains which are sherbet, the white, and ghost OG. The OG is the strain experiencing the stress with taco leaves I've done everything from putting a humidifier in the room (cause my room is very dry) to light flushing them cause I did just feed them for the first time with canna terra and some additives so my only other guess is it's heat related. But it's confusing cause everything seems right. I should also mention though I did only notice it the same day after 1st feed but that day I also flipped another light on. So I'm just looking for some input and suggestions, it is still very early I got another month of veg so there still very young and can bounce back ive got pictures as well if you need. Please help

Only thing I got is turn off if possible a 600 unit. See if it helps with temp do you have exhaust fan?

Update: little issues turned to BIG after reading posts and being very confused about all of this I decided to grab the microscope what I found wasn't good. it looks like I got the 11th plauge of marijuana which is russet/broad mites. I caught it early but California seems cursed with these I'm going to start spraying with big time exterminator. Does anyone have any experiences with these little shits?

Update: little issues turned to BIG after reading posts and being very confused about all of this I decided to grab the microscope what I found wasn't good. it looks like I got the 11th plauge of marijuana which is russet/broad mites. I caught it early but California seems cursed with these I'm going to start spraying with big time exterminator. Does anyone have any experiences with these little shits?

And once again I was wrong. I raised the lights I'm waiting for them to dry out so I can hit them with some silica and b1 just in case it is heat related. I swear in the 10 years I've been doing this, this has been the hardest start off. And once again any Input would be great. Thanks guys

They are In soil, water is constantly ph at 6.2, the soil is neutral, I've grown for the last 10 years with experience in almost every medium, I used terra at the 810 ppm they asked for I probably should have used 500ppm but that's the only set back

So it is the bugs creating the issue? You do have them upon looking through the microscope? I'm confused when you replied to your own thread saying you were wrong again. I may just be high haha

No I was the high one lol, I thought I found broad mite eggs but they didnt have dots, ended up being extremely small water drops assuming it's the sweat from the plants

Hi Task, I can tell you that I've had a few grows that took place in temps that went as high as a 100 and regularly stayed in the high 90s. I can't say for sure that heat's not the issue for you, but I can say for sure that my plants didn't mind the heat and they stayed healthy--they looked just like any other plant. I know a lot of people say that high temps are bad for the plant but I don't think it's as bad as they say. The plant doesn't seem to mind. I will say though that I think the heat may be the cause of buds that tend to be less dense and potency may be affected, I haven't decided where I stand on that yet. Anyway, if your plants are sick I doubt it's heat--keep the soil watered once you notice the pots feel lighter.

Hi Task, I can tell you that I've had a few grows that took place in temps that went as high as a 100 and regularly stayed in the high 90s. I can't say for sure that heat's not the issue for you, but I can say for sure that my plants didn't mind the heat and they stayed healthy--they looked just like any other plant. I know a lot of people say that high temps are bad for the plant but I don't think it's as bad as they say. The plant doesn't seem to mind. I will say though that I think the heat may be the cause of buds that tend to be less dense and potency may be affected, I haven't decided where I stand on that yet. Anyway, if your plants are sick I doubt it's heat--keep the soil watered once you notice the pots feel lighter.

Yeah I've also had temps get way higher, this is my first run of ghost of though maybe it's the strain or the nuets really effected them in a bad way, I watered with b1 and silica yesterday the lights just flipped off so we'll see how they look at 6.this is for you As for high temps in bloom you don't want them they make your plants stretch and your buds fluff up and not connect it makes potency and resin production go down substantially and if it's really bad there's going to be herms and nobody wants that. also humidity plays a big role in resin production during bloom you want to keep it in the low 30s so your plants put off more resin to compensate for the lack of moisture in the air and you want the opposite in veg 50-60% humidity

I'm gunna agree that high temps aren't a problem, as long as they're well watered. I came back home today to a 41.2 degree tent (it's hot in the uk ATM :/ ) and my babies had new growth on them since this morning.
I can't help you with what the issue is, but my 2 cents is that it's not temperature :)
Keep it green

Hey guys thanks a bunch it ended up being a heat issue after watering with thrive alive b1 and earth juice godsilica and also spraying with godsillica things are bouncing back great, I'm currently now transplanting from 1 gal to 5 gal I have pics and am also thinking of starting a grow journal for a 600 watt 9 light set up in soil, I also have 2 other rooms with more to come. Once again. Thanks for everyone's input I know it was a noob mistake but it happens to all of us and if you have any more input feel free to post it!!

Just got done transplanting I know it looks a little crazy right now but only half of my room is being utilized so please bare with me but here's some pics...!!!

Yeah, Task, you're right. I'm seeing the results of my high temps/high humidity is the harvest of my last grow...really poorly formed buds---long, skinny, airy. The effects are good, say like a B+; definitely worthwhile but doesn't pack a wallop. I like the kind of stone where after about 30 minutes you suddenly "come to" and say to yourself: "man, I am stoned." That doesn't happen with overheated grows, I'm convinced now.

Yeah, Task, you're right. I'm seeing the results of my high temps/high humidity in the harvest of my last grow...really poorly formed buds---long, skinny, airy. The effects are good, say like a B+; definitely worthwhile, but doesn't pack a wallop. I like the kind of stone where after about 45 minutes you suddenly "come to" and say to yourself: "man, I am stoned." That doesn't happen with overheated grows, I'm convinced now.

Back
Top Bottom