How to deal with grow room temps?

dooxy

Hey guys!

I have just gotten my grow tent up. I have not started plating anything more then a few paprika seeds. Just to set things up.

I have a closed closet 6.5x7.2 feet room. In this room i have a 4x2 grow tent. with a Mars Pro II Epistar 160 LED. I have a fan, more then enough for the room that pulls air to my scrubber. and its just pumping air back in to this closed room for now.

My issue is that weed is as illegal as heroin where am from grow more then 2 plats can land me 8 years of jail time. So i can't vent out side to a window. I do have a vent hole in this room. That goes to the roof of the apartment complex. With a 3.9 inch opening, and it is pulling air out. I was thinking of perhaps attache my fan setup to this.
Its just going to suck if the chimneysweeper would be there and see the abnormal heath coming out... :p

My temps in the tent 93.2 F and 86 F out side it. Overall in the apartment we have 80.6 F

Humility is at 30%

Thanks

hello dooxy!

i had the same problem, iv got my extraction pipe close to my vent that goes straight through a wall and my room is still boiling hot!

ill be planning on putting my extractor pipe below the window soon and that should sort the heat out.

as long as no smells are leaking out your okay, as for your vent i would have thought you would be okay, just might look a bit un normal in the winter.

good luck with your grow!

Remember when venting off air outside and it gets cold because the air inside is warmer it starts to make condensation and freeze up which is an identifying will signal that you are growing marijuana inside da uses uses this to pinpoint people that are growing

Remember when venting off air outside and it gets cold because the air inside is warmer it starts to make condensation and freeze up which is an identifying will signal that you are growing marijuana inside da uses uses this to pinpoint people that are growing

So am back to zero again and have no solution? :(

There is one method that I am aware of that works very very well they call it the distribution method you put event at the top and Lead it into an open room that open room is vented off into another open room eventually you spread the air through the entire house there is no Hot Zone it is all circulated

hello dooxy!

i had the same problem, iv got my extraction pipe close to my vent that goes straight through a wall and my room is still boiling hot!

ill be planning on putting my extractor pipe below the window soon and that should sort the heat out.

as long as no smells are leaking out your okay, as for your vent i would have thought you would be okay, just might look a bit un normal in the winter.

good luck with your grow!

I have no window to vent to so to say. My "room" is about 20 feet away. also am not able to close of the door to the room. :(

There is one method that I am aware of that works very very well they call it the distribution method you put event at the top and Lead it into an open room that open room is vented off into another open room eventually you spread the air through the entire house there is no Hot Zone it is all circulated

I am converting this on google. so i hope am saying this right. my apartment is 52 square meters = 559.72 square feet.
so that would work?

Is it wroth getting a small AC?

Is there any risk of you getting in trouble because before you go doing things like this you have to ask yourself is the benefit worth the consequences some places it is legal some place it is not

Ofc it worth it but i feel that some solution to the problem should be out here. that someone have had. :)

Trust me I will work at this with you as long as you are willing to work at it with you I want a dispensary in New Mexico so this is the kind of s*** that I love

Trust me I will work at this with you as long as you are willing to work at it with you I want a dispensary in New Mexico so this is the kind of s*** that I love

Good to hear! So my setup is pulling about 400w from the wall. I have two small fans blowing. one at the root of the plant. And one just below the LED. To create circles of air in the tent.

Am not sure maybe a small indoor AC can do the trick?

Update on this = when i open the door to the room, i and i flushed my apartment with with opening the balcony. i could get it down to 84.2 F. but today is a cloudy day. So it false temps tbh.

Hi dooxy, have you considered not venting it outside at all?

34°c(93.2f) seems a bit high(my plants in any state prefer to hot over too cold, so count yourself 'lucky'), and if venting outside is a concern then why not utilise the heat throughout your apartment. I've never lived in an apartment(they're not a big thing here) so I can't envision the floorplan, but you said you couldn't close the door?
If this is to the room with the closet, vent it into your room and enjoy the 'free' heating. I'm sure it wouldn't take too much to heat an apartment, so 94°f pumped into the living area would be ideal and save some money too.

Other than that, if you are able to vent it outside but are concerned about the tell tale signs of hot air being vented, you could look into insulated ducting. It's a lot more space consuming, 150mm(6inch) insulated ducting is more like 400mm(15inch) depending on the type/quality you get. A unseen back window for instance could have a length of duct coming out and be passed off as a laundry duct if the person doesn't know better.

There is also window fans, depending on cost and your living arrangements, you could vent heat into your room and then get it outside via the window fan.
"Why do you have a window fan?" I have allergies, it keeps the air circulation going and prevents dust and pollen from settling. Simple divert that nobody would really persue.

Oh, and your whole window will become covered in condensation if you vent to your room which would simply indicate a heater running, your probably using what power a heater would use as well, so no questions.

Hi dooxy, have you considered not venting it outside at all?

Thank you for the feedback. Well or windows in the apartment are 6.5x65 i have 2 of them. I live in a 1 room apartment. but its kind of big for 1 room its more like 4 rooms. Kitchen, living room, bathroom. and a walk in closet where i have my tent setup. In my tent rom there is a outdoing duct(? correct English?) anyways. This gos op the the roof 1 apartment above me.

My window has wind shacks that pulls air in to the room true the whole apartment. in this vent in the closet and also in to the bathroom vent. I think it creates a soft drag in the apartment, expert.

To the point, the windows are to fare away to its over 22 feet to etch of the windows. But that duct i talk about has it separat pipe to the roof. I don't think it go's straight out like a chimney. I think there is some central air system om the roof that pulls air for all the apartments out.

Anyways today is a cloudy day, so 64 F outside. when i open the door all morning to the grow room. i could vent out all the air to the apartment. and inside the tent it was 84 F. But if i get a hot day like 84 F outside the apartment i think it will skyrocket again.

did this make any sense? :p

Yeah that makes sense.

Is there a way you could get into the roof, or find out where/how the roof vent is setup?

Another thought, is there some way of dividing the air below/above the light? That way the higher temp won't actually get to the plants, but depending on what you use you could lose some light.

7500 BTU is enough for your room only problem is air conditioners lower your humidity we move in the water from the air means you are going to have to water more

Is there a way you could get into the roof, or find out where/how the roof vent is setup?
Another thought, is there some way of dividing the air below/above the light? That way the higher temp won't actually get to the plants, but depending on what you use you could lose some light.

No i can't access the roof from where am at.
Yes i have two smaller yet decent air fans in my tent. One is blowing below the light under the plants. and one is blowing just in between the plant top and the light. NOTE this is only paprika seedlings. So i have not put my in my real seeds yet. So nothing is damages i notice the issue before hand.

7500 BTU is enough for your room only problem is air conditioners lower your humidity we move in the water from the air means you are going to have to water more
Water will not be a issue. am growing in 2x 5 gallon dwc buckets. Also with top feed dripping i made a ring that drips all "cup" area. So then perhaps that is not going to be an issue?

If you are running a dwc system you should be fine with water the air conditioner should not throw it off too much

Dose it have to be a super good expensive model? I google what you told me. In my country search engine, i did not get a lot of hits. (7500 BTU)

It does not have to be an expensive air conditioner and it does not have to be exactly 7500 BTUs just needed to be a little bit of an overkill for the size of your place so it will ignore the heat from the light without extreme Sheen more energy than needed

It does not have to be an expensive air conditioner and it does not have to be exactly 7500 BTUs just needed to be a little bit of an overkill for the size of your place so it will ignore the heat from the light without extreme Sheen more energy than needed

lets say my apartment is 559 square feet. But i can only find a color for a decent price. That can cover 269.1 square feet.
But the room where i have my tent in is only 43.06 square feet. Could the problem be solved with cooling just that room and close the door?
Sure hot air from the rest of the apartment will slowly creep in. But i think that closing the space could create a "freezer" effect.

what do you think?

Back
Top Bottom