Crown Royal

MrFortwenty

New grower, soon to be new grower that is, and I have a question.

Easiest source for seeds at this time is Crop King. I've been eyeing up Crown Royal as being my first grow. I've got a small 2.2x2.2x5.2 tent and the extra goodies (LED, inline fan, etc etc.)

Is this strain too tall for this tent, even with LST? Or can anyone else recommend a non auto fem seed for a grow noob? I prefer the energetic high rather than couch lock.

I've been creeping these forums for some time, I have to say what a great community :)

Hey rsenio and welcome to 420 Mag! Sorry that someone hasn't gotten around to your post yet.

For sure you can grow Crown Royals in that tent. You will be able to control the size somewhat by the way you train them and what size containers you decide to use. Really also depends on how many you plan to try for your first time and how long you plan to veg them for. With that size tent I would go with 1 x 5gallon container and veg it for 5 to 6 weeks, let it get nice and bushy then flower it.

Do you plan on starting up a grow journal for this strain?

Hey thanks for the reply!

I ended up grabbing some green crack. And you pretty much read my mind, I've already got a 5 gallon smartpot and only plan on doing 1 plant. My only concern is height again. With the inlinefan/filter at the top, I've already cut off a good enough portion of the 5 feet. Add the smartpot and my grow room is tight. I can move the inlinefan/filter outside the tent, but stealth is a bit of priority for me too. I guess we'll see how it works out as time goes on. And with this being my first grow, I dont know what to expect in terms of height saving LST, so we'll see there as well.

I've got one seed germinating right now, I'm not going to plant it in a small pot and then transplant later. I'll go straight to the 5G once she's sprouted. I have considered starting a grow journal, perhaps I just should! Hopefully in a few days I've got my girl in the soil.

If you need some help with the LST there are some good tutorial links in my signature below each post of mine, they will surely help you along with topping and training the plant.

How are you doing you germination process?? Generally it is good practice to let the plant grow in a smaller container for a 2-3 weeks first and then transplant. This gives the roots a good amount of time to get established. Also, watering a 5 gallon bucket with a new seedling in it can be tricky, especially if you are a first time grower. Plants roots need lots of oxygen at the root system and if you water a whole 5 gallon container the roots wont have that chance to stretch and grow searching for water like they should because the dirt will already be soaked, risking a chance of overwatering and getting root rot as well. Getting a decent root ball established is key and then place it in a larger container to let the roots spread out, you will then see a good burst in growth.
The only time I plant in my final container right from the start is when planting and autoflower strain, I start it in a peat pellet and as soon as it breaks ground I plant it. This is to minimize any shock since they only have a 3-4 week veg period before they start flowering. Growing photoperiod plants you don't need to worry about that as you can veg as long as you like.

For sure start up a journal though and we can see this baby grow, possibly help you out along the way. There is also a link in my signature below to help you get one started!

Germination process went awesome. 14 hours in a cup of water, followed by what turned out to be 42 hours in a paper towel on a plate. She's already been planted in the soil. I've read so many different opinions on pot size for seedings/veg etc that I just picked an approach and went with it. However I do agree, watering at first will be tricky. I guess with this being my first this could be my first "lesson" on what or what not to do. I've got some really good airflow in the tent, so hopefully that will help keep the soil drying at a decent steady rate. I'll start a journal once she's popped out of the soil I think.

Ok sounds good. Just be sure not to water directly on the seed, this could push it down farther. always water around the outside edges of where the seed was placed.. If you got the soil moist now you shouldn't have to worry about any water for at least a few days. Try cutting a pop bottle in half and placing the top over where the seed was placed (lid off), this will act as a humidity dome, seedlings love a higher humidity level when they start out. As the seedling starts to grow, a week or 2 down the road, keep gradually moving your watering to the outside edges of the container, no need to water the outside edges much before the seedling has developed. Just trying too help you not over-water the seedling, it's a rookie mistake when first starting out, a lot of us do it lol

Once you get a journal started up, stop back in here and post the link so I can stop over and sub up to it.

Yeah with that 5G it'll be a while before she needs more water. Although you've got me worried its too damp right now lol. A few days ahead of the soil planting I did give the pot a good watering. Until there was run off. So she's wet, but not soaking. Once the seed was planted I just gave it two squirts of mist from a spray bottle.

You definitely wont need to water it for a while then, maybe even up to a couple weeks. Do what I said with a pop bottle or a clear plastic cup, something similar and set it over the area where the seed was planted. As long as the plant has humidity and moisture building up on the cup/bottle then it will stay hydrated through the leaves. There should be no need to water anymore around the seed if the dirt is moist below the surface. That cup or bottle acting as a humidity dome will help out big time in keeping that area moist since you have the exhaust hooked up.

Back
Top Bottom