Afghan 7/12 weeks. Advice?

Cowpert909

This is Afghan Indica at 7 1/2 weeks flowering. Total age, 4 mths old. I am guessing 2 1/2 more weeks till harvest. My first grow. Does that look about right? The trichomes are still white and clear. White are about 90 % on the top buds, more clear as you get down. 60 white/40 clear. Red hairs are at about 30%. Will start flush next watering. Any advice?
IMG_126636.jpg
IMG_126533.jpg

I would say you are about spot on. Haven't noticed any amber trichomes yet? Depending on the type of high you are looking for would depend on when to harvest. Harvesting at this point of time with 90% cloudy/milky would be a more euphoric and uplifting, happy high. If you wait until there is more amber (ripe) tricomes like 10-20% you will get a more couchlock and stress/anxiety relieving high.. So depending on what you're looking for you can start the flush now or give it another week and see how the trichomes look. Once you start seeing ambers, if you started a 2 week flush from then you should end up with 10-20%amber giving you a little more CBN than if you harvested earlier. Anything past 20% amber and you're losing a lot more THC

Thanks for the info. Really helps. I am using LED 600 watt light above and a 250 watt CFL 2700K for the side.I have jewelers glasses. Works better that a loop. Just haven't spotted any amber. It is my second time. I noticed the lower buds are mostly still clear. About 70% clear /30% white. So, if I wait until the top get ripe then harvest the entire plant, I should have both energy buds and couch lock buds. Right? Just keep them separated so i can tell the difference? Interesting that some buds ripen sooner than others. Like strawberries.
One other question. How much will mass increase in the last two weeks?

Yep that is the theory, top buds will ripen sooner. A lot of people say that potency and effects are different between the top and bottom buds of a plant. Normally when I train my plants after topping them, most bottom growth is clipped off anyway and all the tops are roughly at the same level so they ripen the same time.

Hard to say how much more mass you will get now since they seem to have fattened up some already, but if there is still a couple weeks left you should see a little more fattening during the flush. That is all strain dependent as well, some fatten more than others, so it's really hard to tell a person how much more fattening they can expect. I would love to say they will double in size and be pop bottle sized colas, but I'd be lying to you :)

Back
Top Bottom