Help yellow purple dying leaves

TheBouncer

As soon as I put on 12/12 leafs started yellow and now purple need help getting worse
420-magazine-mobile161783475.jpg

Granddaddy purple
Indica
2 plants
Flowering Stage 3 week
Indoor
Tupur
5 gallon smart pot
2 600 watt led
Air cooled
70-75 temp most to the time
RH 50%
I adjust food to 5.8 ph
No pests
Water 3-4days
Biobizz I go by there feeding chart also use call mag and tea
4x4 tent
Sorry didn't add this to begin with

Hey there.. This looks like a Molybdenum deficiency to me with the coloring of the leaves like that. You are adjusting your ph levels for a hydro set up, what is tupur made up of? Most times this deficiency could come from your ph levels being to low and the plant not being able to take up this nutrient. If you could test your runoff water you would get a better idea of what the ph is in the soil and then refer to a nutrient uptake chart for cannabis.

I haven't read that twisted leaves on newer growth were part of this deficiency. That could be part of another underlying deficiency or issue?

I would try upping the ph level of the nutrient feed to 6.2-6.5, this is when plants will really start their uptake of nutrients in a soil/dirt based medium. 5.5-5.8 is more for hydro setups.

I agree with the other suggestions of raising your ph levels. I use a mineralized soil with lots of compost/worm castings and use teas, and i never adjust the ph of water. A healthy soil will do that for you. But thats just my opinion, there are many others on here who may agree, or disagree. But overall, the leaves that have yellowed badly are too far gone to be saved. Try top dressing with a 50/50 mix of a decent compost/earth worm casting mix, and then watering it in with a worm tea, and then RO water every 3-4 days after that as needed. Again, I personally dont adjust PH ever. But if you feel more comfortable in doing so, be my guest. Maybe try getting it up to 6.5-6.9 seems to be pretty reasonable for soil based grows. But the top dressings and microbial teas will boost the microlife in your soil and should in turn help to stabilize the PH of your grow media (soil). Then you will hopefully see the leaves that are not too damaged start to green up a bit more, but by then, the natural process of flowering your cannabis will takeover and you should begin to see a fade in color and maybe even a slight purple color begin to appear depending on strai, and temperatures. Being that you're running grand daddy purp you should see some nice coloring. Either way, use this run as a learning experience, and have fun. You will get something out of this. Good luck. Wishing you the best.
Sparks

In extreme cases new growth with twist and stunt. Although I've found that a little nitrogen will help(very little). I cured mine by flushing and resetting​ the pH. Then I added a little bit of nitrogen in and she healed right up. MO needs nitrogen I think , and if the pH is wrong it's definitely not getting all it needs. Flush and reset. I agree.

May be a soil less mix but doesn't mean it's hydro. I grow in Pro-mix hp, same deal it's a soil less mix but I always feed just above a ph of 6. The roots aren't growing in water, like in rockwool or hydroton, they don't bond to those mediums like a soil less mix of different mosses and perlite, vermiculite.. Therefor, we use a ph that is pretty much the same as soil growers. When I put my feed in at about 6 ph, as the plant takes up the nutrients that it can at that ph level, the ph level of what is remaining in the dirt will actually start to rise, then the plant can take in the remaining nutrients it can take at a ph level of closer to 7..

Hope that makes sense, not always the best at explaining things lol

Wow I am really quite new to this I was ify if I should post on here and every time I looked my problem on Google this forum always came up so I decided to post and I super impressed I learned so much I didn't know so fast thanks for all your help I am going to flush and readjust to higher ph

Wow I am really quite new to this I was ify if I should post on here and every time I looked my problem on Google this forum always came up so I decided to post and I super impressed I learned so much I didn't know so fast thanks for all your help I am going to flush and readjust to higher ph

That is kind of how I came about this website. I liked it because it doesn't have certain restrictions like some other forums where you can't look at the pictures unless your a member and such. Once I did decide to sign up here everyone was very welcoming and helpful. It's a great place to be, share your work and learn something while you're here :) You should start a journal on your grow. There is a link in my signature below on how to start one up. You can start a new thread in the "Journals In Progress" section, that can be found under the "Grow Room" tab at the top of the page and then click on "Grow Journals".

Best of luck! If you decide to start up a journal then come back here and post the link. I will stop and see you.

So i just Flushed it run off was ppm 330 ph 6.8 acording to the soil chart that should be ok but soiless looks way off not sure which i need to follow need help please

6.8 should be ok but lets aim for a little lower than that though next time. What was the ph going in?

If you start ph'ing your feedings and waterings to about 6.2 I bet you will see good results. A lot of soil less mixes we call dirt, which is near the same as soil minus all the microbes and bacteria and such that comes along with organic grows. Dirt tends to lean more towards the soil side of the nutrient uptake table. Other soil less mixes like perlite and vermiculite in a hempy, or even coco, they would be mixes that would go by the hydro/water culture uptake table. See what I am getting at here? This is what I have learned and noticed from experience. I have and still use perlite hempy buckets as well as mostly promix hp grows.

Also, some of the uptake charts that you find are better than others. In other words, I have seen better ones than the one you showed me. Google is your friend if you can't find something on the forum.

If you look at top picture, the plant is in late flower > 55 days of flower. Their is no issue with that plant. It's in flush and temps are cool enough to cause purple. Not sure what issue we are chasing with mature flowered plant.

Cheers.

Whoops, I'm high. Looking closer it looks to be in week 4 or 5 of flower. I'd say you are on right track with what has been said to this point. PH lockout affects flowering plants faster then veging ones. Sorry about first post i did not have my reading specks on but should have seen white pistles not burnt ones.

Cheers

420-magazine-mobile1680835297.jpg

My other plant is starting to get those purpleing leafs again I can't figure out what I am doing wrong they get purple then yellow then die!

Back
Top Bottom