Plants stretching seed vs clone?

HigherTheHigh

hello all!

need advice im on growing clones and iv never grown them before, always started from seed.

there in wilma 11L pot systems, they were in 1L pots with coco and i transplanted them into the pots w/o anymore coco and just clay pebbles.

do they stretch much after 12/12 switch?

IMG_20170626_181029.jpg
IMG_20170626_181025.jpg

As far as I know they will stretch just as much as the mother plant would if it was flipped when mature. I am not a clone person myself but the clone will have the exact genetics as the mother. so if a mature mother had been flowered out, and it doubled in size during the flower stretch, so would the clones taken from it.

You can veg forever seed or clone, but after the 12/12 switch and the plant is committed to flowering, then the stretch is strain specific, and focused on the growing tips, the colas....
It's the reason when filling a scrog screen, you arrange to have all the growing tips that will become colas, evenly across the screen, at or a little above the scrog screen when you flip the light cycle...

They won't stretch like seedlings, maybe half the height tops, usually a lot less, especially if you previously sexed the mother and then re-vegged. I stopped using clones for this reason, it hurts your yield. You have to keep them in veg longer to compensate.

Back
Top Bottom