Tent with 400watt cool air reflector

i run 5 in 20L pots enough room right around, seen people put 9 in rows of 3.

this is my current grow i have 6 northern lights autos in, 4 in 20L pots and 2 in 7L pots but im taking 1 out and scrogging her separate.

IMG_20170626_123327.jpg

Alright so you have four 20l pot's and one plant in each and still have room then two 7s looks a little cramped? Idk I'm a new grower just looking for any advice I can receive.i haven't even started my operation yet.

yeah the 2 7l pots are way to cramped but im thinking of moving them over to the other tent as they have just been flipped to 12/12.

next time ill only putting 4 in.

plenty of people will help you out on here.

I have a 400 Watt cool air reflector ,the whole 9 4/4/84 tent how many plants can I grow

Well, a good quality 400-watt HPS bulb, reflector, and ballast can adequately flower up to eight square feet, assuming that your walls are reflective (and are the boundary around the eight square feet, as opposed to being a larger space)... and that you're growing indicas. You'd be better off with a little more light (something around 62½ watts per square foot for flowering instead of 50), especially if you're growing hybrids with some sativa content.

That means you could grow anywhere from one plant that fills your eight square feet... all the way up to 72 plants at a spacing of nine per square foot. But that's a pretty extreme plant density, and I wouldn't recommend you go denser than... well, 2-liter bottles are about 4½" in diameter, which is tight but absolutely doable for flowering minimally vegged rooted cuttings in. Much depends on your growing style/method. If you're not taking clones off of mother plants and flowering them, are instead growing plants from seed, there's obviously (realistically) no way that you'd be planting them in such small pots.

yeah i grow royal queen seed northern lights which is 100% indica and a really easy strain to grow and is very forgiven.

i took the 2 7l pots out and put them in my other tent.

i use 20l pots but you would be okay with 7l pots, i reuse coco for that tent.

i order through royal queen seeds, there a great company with great genetics backing them.

you also get freebies with every order!

...and Royal Queen Seeds are also a forum sponsor, which means that they help pay the bills so that we have this forum for our use/education/enjoyment for free.

Other forum sponsors (including several seedbanks) can be found here:
Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE (R) - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking

I can give a couple positive reports on Gorilla Seed Bank (also a forum sponsor). Seeds in breeder packs, undamaged, protected, clandestine. Reasonably fast delivery. Tracking information provided, IIRC. I recall that one of the items was not in stock - or maybe their stock of this particular item was getting old, I do not specifically recall as it has been a couple years and this was a more expensive strain that probably wasn't being ordered by the truckload by their customers). I was contacted via email with the news and given the choice of making an alternate selection or waiting. I chose to wait. It did not take long, and I was notified when the order shipped.

NOTE: Deliveries from ANY seedbank/etc. can be slowed by many factors which are beyond the seedbank's control. Busy time of the year, labor issues with the shippers (IOW, if they go on strike), getting held up in Customs, getting held up in whichever ISC it lands in, getting stolen by the thieves that work there... All of these - and more - can cause delays, and the seller is as powerless as the purchaser. This is why it can be very helpful to order from a business that provides a tracking number; it is also a good reason to opt for a seedbank's guaranteed delivery option, even though such things generally require a signature. I have never been asked for ID when signing for a retail-ordered package delivery, BtW. As in all things, of course, YMMV.

And, remember, while general packaging statements - such as "It was well packaged," "It took me five minutes just to find the seeds," or "I was able to tell what was in the package and fear everyone else could, too!" - are perfectly fine, please NEVER discuss specifics in forum threads or other public venues. Yes, the... bad guys can - and, most likely, do - simply place periodic orders from every known seedbank in order to see examples - but let's make them work for it, yes?

Not if I can help it. I'm still paranoid enough that I'll place cash into an envelope. I have yet to lose any. Now I don't write "Careful, cash enclosed" on the envelop, lol, or put it in a birthday card sized envelop. I might even take the step of stamping the thing "Bill enclosed, SECOND NOTICE!" in red ink ;) . What mail-stealing thief would bother opening that?

EDIT: But if I was forced to use something that had the potential for leaving a trail, I'd trust Gorilla Seeds at least as much as I'd trust anyone. They've certainly done right by me.

if you live in a place where cannabis is illegal your still entitled and alowed by law to buy any seeds you like, but as soon as you place them in soil thats when it becomes illegal.

i order from royal queen regular and always use my bank card.

if you live in a place where cannabis is illegal your still entitled and alowed by law to buy any seeds you like, but as soon as you place them in soil thats when it becomes illegal.

Try getting caught with a labeled pack of cannabis seeds in one of our harsher states after getting pulled over for speeding and telling that to the cop, LOFL. You probably won't get jail time (although it is theoretically possible) - but you might end up paying a stiff fine, court costs, and losing your driving privileges for at least 30 days.

And don't try to tell the cop that they're hemp seeds, either (even if they ARE). From the United States Customs and Border Protection website:
Can I import hemp products into the United States?

Hemp products such as paper, rope, and clothing (which contain fiber made from the cannabis plant) and animal feed mixtures, soaps, and shampoos (which contain sterilized cannabis seeds or oils extracted from the seeds), etc. may be imported into the United States.

Hemp Seeds: Imports of hemp seeds must be sterilized. Non-sterilized hemp seeds remain a schedule one controlled substance and therefore may only be imported into the U.S. with a Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) Permit Form 35.

The likelihood of getting busted solely for possession of cannabis seeds in this country is, admittedly, vanishingly small. But it has happened. And I have personally seen one of the letters that Customs adds to a package when they remove one's cannabis seeds (no, it wasn't my letter, thankfully).

if there not in the ground then its totally legal and theres nothing to say your not an avid seed collector, i no a fair few people who collect cannabis seeds and have a inventry of over 3000 of them all different strains from accross the world.

if there not in the ground then its totally legal

Again, you're totally wrong (lol) when putting that out as a blanket statement.

If you live in a country such as England, sure. But you did not state a specific country, and since the vast majority of our members reside in the United States, it is only fair to assume you're talking about the United States when not specifying.

Even in one of the US states which has legalized cannabis - either for medicinal use or recreational use - and even if the state in question considers cannabis seeds to be legal, US federal statues state that cannabis seeds (or, as I clearly showed, viable hemp seeds) are verboten.

Please do not spread misinformation here, regardless of whether or not that misinformation is likely to cause harm to our members.

Thanks.

I have a 2'x2'x4' 5' height. 1 400watt cool tube. I have had 4 plants in 3 gal prune pots. Left plenty of room for air circulation. Another time I used 2 5 gal plastic pots and 3 3 liter plastic pots on books to lift them higher and still had enough room to circulate air. I did need to supercrop some branches as they were getting too close to the light and also rotate plants around so they all get the same amount of quality light.

The only reason I used 5 gal pots was I intended to grow outside. However, once the temps hit 115 outside the plants became stressed and needed to go into my one tent, which already had some plants far into flower.

Play around with your tent. If things get cramped in your tent try moving things around. Bend branches, watch videos, read articles, find what works best for YOU and what you like.

Enjoy and have fun.

Well, a good quality 400-watt HPS bulb, reflector, and ballast can adequately flower up to eight square feet, assuming that your walls are reflective (and are the boundary around the eight square feet, as opposed to being a larger space)... and that you're growing indicas. You'd be better off with a little more light (something around 62½ watts per square foot for flowering instead of 50), especially if you're growing hybrids with some sativa content.

That means you could grow anywhere from one plant that fills your eight square feet... all the way up to 72 plants at a spacing of nine per square foot. But that's a pretty extreme plant density, and I wouldn't recommend you go denser than... well, 2-liter bottles are about 4½" in diameter, which is tight but absolutely doable for flowering minimally vegged rooted cuttings in. Much depends on your growing style/method. If you're not taking clones off of mother plants and flowering them, are instead growing plants from seed, there's obviously (realistically) no way that you'd be planting them in such small pots.

What brands of 400 watt HPS would you recommend??

Thanks in advance!

PlantMax are cheap. Digilux are inexpensive and (IIRC) of somewhat higher quality. Whole bunch of "not the cheapest, not the most expensive." Eye Hortilux aren't cheap, but they used to be high quality (and, I suppose, still are).

I bought a 400-watt Lumatek "High-PAR" HPS bulb. I don't even remember what I paid, $40, $50, something like that. Quality... Construction looked okay. Not the best, not the worst - but okay. The "high-PAR" designation caught my eye, but I really have no idea how much faith one should put in it, lol. I just bought it because I had a Lumatek ballast and had read something about certain electronic ballasts not being entirely compatible with some bulbs (leading to shorter bulb life) due to the frequency that those ballasts operated at, and figured that getting the bulb that was the same brand as the ballast might help (and it certainly didn't appear to hurt). But IDK.

Years ago, I used to use... Hmm, it's been so long, I don't remember the exact name. Phillips... Son-Agro (Argo?) Planta-T. Or Osram. I almost think it might have been both Phillips and Osram, but that doesn't make sense. (The boy just might be a bit crispy around the edges - sins of a misspent youth and all that.) Those HPS bulbs had a significant and noticeable "supplementary blue" to their light, and gave me the tightest internodal spacing that I'd ever experienced when using HPS exclusively instead of mixing 75%:25% HPS:MH. But those bulbs were 430-watt ones, not 400-watt, and were being driven by 430-watt ballasts. I don't even know if those particular bulbs are still available, since it has been more than 17 years since I bought one. My Lumatek has a setting beyond its "400" one that will drive a bulb at greater than 400 watts. I'd like to have one of those old 430-watt bulbs (in new condition, of course), so I could see if it would live at the Lumatek's maximum wattage setting.

I used to have a thread bookmarked that had pictures/text about several different manufacturers/brands of HPS bulbs, showing which had a higher quality of construction. IIRC, it included spectral charts, but I cannot swear to it. I just checked my web browser's bookmarks, but it must have been on a previous computer. However... The Internet being what it is, lol, you could probably find the thread if you searched long enough. It wasn't this forum. I am not even sure at this point whether or not it was a cannabis-related one, because back then I used to harvest information from general gardening forums, too.

If you've only got $15, get a $15 bulb, lol. If you've got $100 or thereabouts, get an Eye Hortilux. In those situations, choice is simple. It's when you have, IDK, $35 to $70 to spend on one that it becomes a challenge, because you have more choices.

Back
Top Bottom