New to growing

Bigchris74

Hey I'm growing some seeds from my local smoke and it's in seedling stage, what am I doing wrong
420-magazine-mobile207742507.jpg

I was in a bit of a rush earlier so I provided every little information. This seed is something I've found in my local batch and it was some higher quality stuff. I then got other lower strain seeds from friends.

I germinate them in a clean glass of tap water, and then I move them to the paper towel method, I've been at this for about a week

I have a hanging shop light cut through a cardboard box incased with aluminum foil, (now I know this may not be the safest at the moment but I am investing in a grow tent) the light is a 45 watt bulb and it produces 6700k I have the light cycle as 24 hours and that's been the last 4 days for this progress.

I've actually added floranova grow to the seedlings at the PPM of 225 and PH of 6.4 and I'm concerned about if I have too much light or not enough and I just feel like it's growing slowly, and some friends told me it's too young to add nutrients?

These Are the things I've bought so far for growth plus a PPM meter and a PH meter!
Any info on FloraNova?

420-magazine-mobile1504672457.jpg
420-magazine-mobile393398670.jpg
420-magazine-mobile207923364.jpg
420-magazine-mobile433901520.jpg

some seed raising mix next time may help if that soil has nutrients like someone already stated wont need to ad anything just yet.
could leaves be pointing up due to temp being tad hot? an fingers crossed for you mate shes a female always tricky getting a good seed off local weed. best of luck hope it grows to be a big old bad boi.

some seed raising mix next time may help if that soil has nutrients like someone already stated wont need to ad anything just yet.
could leaves be pointing up due to temp being tad hot? an fingers crossed for you mate shes a female always tricky getting a good seed off local weed. best of luck hope it grows to be a big old bad boi.

420-magazine-mobile868538464.jpg

I've watched the heat and it grew a little, when should I start adding nutes? I've given distilled Water over last 2 feedings

420-magazine-mobile868538464.jpg

I've watched the heat and it grew a little, when should I start adding nutes? I've given distilled Water over last 2 feedings

Is that potting mix u have it in? If so that will have slow release nutes maybe if u have more potting more x if hats what ya plan to grow in let it get tad bigger an repot should only need water for most of the vege cycle as most potting mix have good supply of slow release nutes in them. Could add any root booster nutes u can find always helpful strong roots an a good veg cycle = strong flower stage

Is that potting mix u have it in? If so that will have slow release nutes maybe if u have more potting more x if hats what ya plan to grow in let it get tad bigger an repot should only need water for most of the vege cycle as most potting mix have good supply of slow release nutes in them. Could add any root booster nutes u can find always helpful strong roots an a good veg cycle = strong flower stage

Sorry about spelling mistakes lol
Meant to say if u have more potting mix when it grow bit bigger an that's what u plan to grow it in could repot it

Sorry about spelling mistakes lol
Meant to say if u have more potting mix when it grow bit bigger an that's what u plan to grow it in could repot it

420-magazine-mobile1563916856.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1419588474.jpg

I am planning to repot very soon, I wanted them to get a root base I'm just using bag seeds and this is my first time. The one that I actually have here I found in a local batch of "chronic" but I have a "Reggie" seedling that has out grown it

And I see I didn't answer your question I'm using the brand potting soil and worm castings called "Just Natural" are these blubs any good, I'm not understanding the watt situation
420-magazine-mobile1499583128.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1563916856.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1419588474.jpg

I am planning to repot very soon, I wanted them to get a root base I'm just using bag seeds and this is my first time. The one that I actually have here I found in a local batch of "chronic" but I have a "Reggie" seedling that has out grown it

And I see I didn't answer your question I'm using the brand potting soil and worm castings called "Just Natural" are these blubs any good, I'm not understanding the watt situation
420-magazine-mobile1499583128.jpg

Potting mix good hassle free choice nice an ez for ya first grow pot sizes look ok for veg cycle I'm always a fan of bigger is better for flower stage an not really a big fan of plastic pots anymore plenty of good choices out there! I've learnt most of my info from google lol believe it or not type in any question an every time it will give u a great answer that an trial an era over the years! Talking with your local hydroponics store is very handy view more up to date products. Those bulbs in your photos will work but not what I would choose for best results again look at what others are using look at some of the forums on here meany great growers on here never be shy to ask what there using I myself youse 600w conversion bulbs an then run 600w high pressure sodiums for flower just in my country heat is not really an issue. Look fwd to seeing how ya plant turns out I'm new to the sight but enjoying some really great growers on here check them out!!!

I would use two 45w CFL's @ 6500k (assuming you're only using two from pic). The more the better. And I think that the pot is too big for the stage of growth.

420-magazine-mobile993661211.jpg
as I've never dealt with these bulbs b4 seen this post might be ok wee read! When the time is right as your seeding grows I'm no pot size expert judging from what ya see others youse an seem to go ok with the pots seem adequate phillygank might have another idea always good to hear another growers ideas an handy techniques they youse!

I would use two 45w CFL's @ 6500k (assuming you're only using two from pic). The more the better. And I think that the pot is too big for the stage of growth.

I was trying to make it to the store for better pots. But that won't happen until I get paid Friday ... I did my first transplant today!

420-magazine-mobile993661211.jpg
as I've never dealt with these bulbs b4 seen this post might be ok wee read! When the time is right as your seeding grows I'm no pot size expert judging from what ya see others youse an seem to go ok with the pots seem adequate phillygank might have another idea always good to hear another growers ideas an handy techniques they youse!

420-magazine-mobile498744731.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1673095660.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1243003199.jpg

Personally I would have let the seedling develop little bigger before reporting but if ya keen to repot an guessing by the photo you are lol I'm sure ya seedling won't stress to hard. What's the soil like ya transplanting in?

It's some soil called "Just Natural" it contains per tile and worm castings and other ingredients, I'll have to take a picture! It's organic, but the reason I transplanted was because I use clear cups and I seen the roots from all round the cup. I just snapped a few photos quickly before I put it in a bigger pot

It's some soil called "Just Natural" it contains per tile and worm castings and other ingredients, I'll have to take a picture! It's organic, but the reason I transplanted was because I use clear cups and I seen the roots from all round the cup. I just snapped a few photos quickly before I put it in a bigger pot

Can't blame ya adds to the fun of learning sharing a few photos. Ya soils sounds good just keep an eye on the colour of ya leaves if ya plan to youse nutrients ez to over do an if ya just using water can slowly flush the goodness out of ya soil should be fine just something to keep an eye on hoping ya get grate results can still remember my first go was hard case wish I had the photos to share lol

Can't blame ya adds to the fun of learning sharing a few photos. Ya soils sounds good just keep an eye on the colour of ya leaves if ya plan to youse nutrients ez to over do an if ya just using water can slowly flush the goodness out of ya soil should be fine just something to keep an eye on hoping ya get grate results can still remember my first go was hard case wish I had the photos to share lol

It has grown! It was burned at firs I slowed down in nutes and now it's sprouting like a weed! (Pun intended) ..
420-magazine-mobile1204824046.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1995433590.jpg

Back
Top Bottom