LemonGarlicOG grow 630CMH - Need some opinions

schomegrown

I am growing a Lemon Garlic OG from Humboldt Seed Organization. She is around day 35 of veg. She is soil grown under a DE- 630w CMH. Temp is running 84-86F in the room with humidity around 42-45%. I am feeding her with the fox far trio. My concern is how lightly colored her leaves are. Thought maybe she needed some nitrogen but no color change after feeding. I'm starting to think that just her color. Any opinions are greatly appreciated..

420-magazine-mobile1672497855.jpg

420-magazine-mobile752225153.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1264792002.jpg

The leaves at the bottom in this photo don't look healthy. I am certainly no plant pathologist, but those bottom leaves plus the generally somewhat chlorotic appearance has me thinking nitrogen deficiency as well.

You shouldn't be seeing that in a young plant on a commercial feeding regimen, though. Are you dosing at the recommended levels? What's your soil? What are you using for water?

If you could answer all of the questions in the "How to Ask for Grow Advice" post stickied at the top of this forum, that would really help.

The leaves at the bottom in this photo don't look healthy. I am certainly no plant pathologist, but those bottom leaves plus the generally somewhat chlorotic appearance has me thinking nitrogen deficiency as well.

You shouldn't be seeing that in a young plant on a commercial feeding regimen, though. Are you dosing at the recommended levels? What's your soil? What are you using for water?

If you could answer all of the questions in the "How to Ask for Grow Advice" post stickied at the top of this forum, that would really help.

The bottom leaves are definitely showing something. I will be flushing tomorrow. But the over all color has been like this since seedling. I have been following the bottle as far as feeding. I started with half strength and moved to full strength over feedings. Soils ph is right around 6.0-6.5. I am running distilled water.

The bottom leaves are definitely showing something. I will be flushing tomorrow. But the over all color has been like this since seedling. I have been following the bottle as far as feeding. I started with half strength and moved to full strength over feedings. Soils ph is right around 6.0-6.5. I am running distilled water.

Argh! I'm sorry, but I do not understand this mania for flushing that I'm seeing here! I think more than a reset button, stripping away nutrients in a flush just further stresses the plant. Maybe that's just me, but giving the plant an enema every time it shows a little problem seems counterproductive.

Now that I've had my rant (sorry about that...), you say you're using distilled water. Have you been supplementing calcium and magnesium? It doesn't look like that's the problem here, but I do know that when running water with very low levels of Ca/Mg, that supplementation is usually recommended.

Argh! I'm sorry, but I do not understand this mania for flushing that I'm seeing here! I think more than a reset button, stripping away nutrients in a flush just further stresses the plant. Maybe that's just me, but giving the plant an enema every time it shows a little problem seems counterproductive.

Now that I've had my rant (sorry about that...), you say you're using distilled water. Have you been supplementing calcium and magnesium? It doesn't look like that's the problem here, but I do know that when running water with very low levels of Ca/Mg, that supplementation is usually recommended.
I see what your saying. I do run Cal/Mag with 1-0-0 on my none feeding days. Only reason I am flushing is planning on switching to 12/12 soon so gonna start running foxfarms open sesame after flush.

420-magazine-mobile53986123.jpg

I just took this picture and looks like shes darking up a bit. So might run her another week on the grow big before I switch.

Only reason I am flushing is planning on switching to 12/12 soon so gonna start running foxfarms open sesame after flush.

Again, I think we're doing way too much flushing. Flushing before harvest when the plant is going to die anyway, OK. But I do not see any reason to flush with changes in nutrient regimen. A healthy, vigorously growing plant will use up the fertilizer in the soil, and flushing disturbs the root environment biology (bacteria, fungi) and causes pH and osmotic shock.

I do think that giving the plant some time to get really healthy before starting flowering is a great idea.

Again, I think we're doing way too much flushing. Flushing before harvest when the plant is going to die anyway, OK. But I do not see any reason to flush with changes in nutrient regimen. A healthy, vigorously growing plant will use up the fertilizer in the soil, and flushing disturbs the root environment biology (bacteria, fungi) and causes pH and osmotic shock.

I do think that giving the plant some time to get really healthy before starting flowering is a great idea.
Ok thank you so much for your help. I'm gonna keep going with the grow big and see how she does then just switch to open sesame when she looks better. All my other girls are nice and dark but this girl is stubborn. I do flush before harvest, usually around 2 weeks before.

I would love to see a pic of your double ended 630 cmh? If that's what your using
Oh yeah I know what you mean. A little goes a long way with FF nutes. I'm on my second year of using them. I'm actually going to try something new on my next grow. I do have one picture from when I got it but I will have to take another when I get home. It is a DE630CMH. I got it cut up to 700w right now..

420-magazine-mobile1095003312.jpg

So it was definitely nitrogen.... I had to up LemonGarlicOG 1/2 tsp more than the others but she darkened right up. All of my girls are 5 days into flower now. No flush til the end. Here's a pic at lights on last night...

420-magazine-mobile1998890072.jpg

LemonGarlicOG is straight ahead in the back.

IMG_82128.JPG
IMG_822312.JPG

It looks too hot in there you can see the new growth is canoeing from the heat. imho you should trim that bottom grow away and train that plant. Pruning will help the plant tremendously. Top and lolipop is what they say! It may be hard cutting away branches but trust me the plants love it.

Edit: I only saw the first few pics but I will share the pics I took anyways lol - one you can see how new growtj should look - the foliage should open up not canoe in. Also you can see some of my girls. I trim up the bottoms and top heavy - I directs the growth making a bushy plant. Your girls look way better - may I recommend using Earth Juice nutrients? It works great with ffof soil. But I still think you should do a defoiliation and a heavy prune. Trust me it's worth it and your girls will love it - cutting off the bottoms will let the tops flourish and your plant will be like twice its size when it comes back. You are still pretty early in flower now would be a gpod tile to get in there and prune off the bottoms.
IMG_82229.JPG
IMG_82196.JPG
IMG_82185.JPG
IMG_82175.JPG

It looks too hot in there you can see the new growth is canoeing from the heat. imho you should trim that bottom grow away and train that plant. Pruning will help the plant tremendously. Top and lolipop is what they say! It may be hard cutting away branches but trust me the plants love it.
The temp is good... Running 84-86F lights on. I had planned to do a lot more topping and lst before my LED went down. I lost that 5x5 space real quick and getting hard to move around in there. I am way over due on pruning but will be working on that this weekend.

Yeah I only mentioned the temps when I only saw your first few pics when the plant was yellowing. You can see her new growth is canoeing in - a good indicator that tenps are too high. She looks great now! Keep us updated. I am thinkg about getting a 630 for a 5x5.

Yeah I only mentioned the temps when I only saw your first few pics when the plant was yellowing. You can see her new growth is canoeing in - a good indicator that tenps are too high. She looks great now! Keep us updated. I am thinkg about getting a 630 for a 5x5.
Oh I got ya. Yeah the heat was a fight at first. I came from using cfls and an led so was not equipped to control that kind of heat. I am now for sure. Will definitely keep you updated but so far I love this light. This grow I am maining learning the light and how to control the environment. On the next grow I am going to do a lot more techniques and SCROG them. Thanks for the help!

A scrog will def help with yields - good to get your environment down before you try other stuff - good thinking! I come from led's as well.

A scrog will def help with yields - good to get your environment down before you try other stuff - good thinking! I come from led's as well.
I built my SCROG about a year ago and used it under my led. Made a major difference for sure. Yeah I'd rather learn the light on this run and get crazy on the next. Now my 3 main strains are all topped but my 3 clones are not. I have GrizzlyPurpleKush, OriginalBubblegum, and LemonGarlicOG.

Still havent harvested LemonGarlicOG. She is getting fatter by the day and is my only girl left in flower. Here are some shots of her...

420-magazine-mobile1411519821.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1045558304.jpg

420-magazine-mobile576950570.jpg
420-magazine-mobile913095993.jpg

Back
Top Bottom