Give me a solution, plant problem (picture)

William Holden

Ok, it appears that bugs have gotten to it. What can I do, to save it?

For being a week (or two, cant remember when I planted them) old, how does it look as far as development goes? Leaves and all that jazz?

I dont want to lose the others, but this is the 'worst' case of it. What can I do to save my baby?

Kill all the bugs... everywhere....

Ok, I could of guessed that. How do I DO that, though?

Im goign to cut the top off of a bottle of water, and put it over top of the plant, like a greenhouse.

Should I a hole in the top of the bottle for air, or will bugs crawl into that and destroy my beut?

your plant will need air. but i dont know if a green house will do anything for the bugs. i think they prefer hot humid temps like that of a green house. look around for an organic spidermite spray. some good ones i seen are made with chili peppers.

yeah i did some looking around and found this recipe.
1/2 teaspoon dishwashing liquid
1/4 teaspoon cooking oil
1 quart warm water
Mix all ingredients in a small spray bottle. Mist upper and under sides of leaves every 10 days to control mealy bug, spider mite, aphids, thrips, or any other sucking or chewing insects.

I'll try to mix something up tonight, return tomorrow, and spray them.

I'm also going to cut away some branches of the bush infront of it, its raping them of their sunlight.

Take your plants out and bomb the place with those bug bombs you can buy at like walmart or sumtin.... but make sure you let it air out before you put ur plants back in .....

I applied the mixture to the leaves with a spray of the mixture, then I applied a water bottle cut in two over top of the plant. I cut holes in it for it to breathe, but hopefully the combination of these two things will prevent the plants from being eaten alive.

I'll use larger containers if I can.

I will...
I've gone to the spot, two days in a row now. Three days, is too much. I dont want to go that often, but I want to remove the bottles soon, because soon the plants will be large enough and I dont want the 'restricted' space, to do them harm.

But, the weather line-up says bad weather ahead. Lots of rain, and a major drop in tempature. I'm not too woried, I hope they can survive it, but im not sure. Hopefully the bottles will help trap in heat too, so they won't freeze on that Saturday.

The main reason im not really worried is because, Weather.com isnt really reliable. It may be for some parts of the U.S., but it seems that it isnt that accurate for my area. So, i'm not stressing... yet.

your plant will need air. but i dont know if a green house will do anything for the bugs. i think they prefer hot humid temps like that of a green house. look around for an organic spidermite spray. some good ones i seen are made with chili peppers.
I have fungicide3 laying around my house would that work? it says organic and deals with a lot of the stuff like black dots and spider mites and white flys please get back to me thank you !

I have fungicide3 laying around my house would that work? it says organic and deals with a lot of the stuff like black dots and spider mites and white flys please get back to me thank you !

his plant died a decade and a half ago ...

maybe post a q in the faq if you are having issues.

if you are brand new :welcome:
and post a hello in the intro forum. :)

Back
Top Bottom