Budding Question

Blizzardex

420 Member
Hey Guys i got a quick question, as i am new new to growing and never seen a budding plant before because my first grow was a hindu kush that turned out to be a male after a long while i had to kill it then went for Cinderella 99 feminized
So my question would be is this the place where buds grow as shown in the picture?
between the small branch and main stem, or those are just regular leaves of plant growth?
19832629_1609903082353801_364943082_n.jpg

:thanks:

Those are sites where new branches are forming. If they get a chance, those will turn into what is essentially another marijuana plant, with nodes, just like the main stalk.

What happens at flowering is that the growth tips that are usually popping out one set of leaves after another instead start to turn out feathery individual leaves and little white thread-like pistils (if she's a girl) instead of more leaves. (That's also when your plant starts to smell, by the way.) That's under direction of the flowering hormones, is my understanding.

But first you'll see "preflowers" at the sites like those in your picture. Look for little thread-like white pistils.

Here is a example of what he is talking about
420-magazine-mobile1174203978.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1288569021.jpg
lemon haze
420-magazine-mobile596552377.jpg
C 99 g 13 labs
420-magazine-mobile2116189261.jpg
mango sapphire all flipped about 1.5 weeks ago

Oh thanks mate i understand now that it is a new formins branch but can you show me the location of the bud and how does a tiny new bud looks like? I been putting it into the dark 12/12 how it is not flowering? :( and if you look at the lower right side preflower there's a white pistil as you said i am sure 100% it's female because i bought it femi seed

Here's are a couple of female preflowers newly appeared.
2017-04-13_Day_24_0900_PreflowersNodes3_4.JPG

Would you only see those white pistols after you've initiated flowering? I'm about 9 weeks into veg and my plant looks like this even though this is a bag seed and my first grow I've come along way
420-magazine-mobile787060173.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1018621197.jpg
420-magazine-mobile231995990.jpg

Here's are a couple of female preflowers newly appeared.
2017-04-13_Day_24_0900_PreflowersNodes3_4.JPG
Yes bud i can see a pre flower here but does it develop like a branch and the bud at the end of it or is it the bud itself i don't get it.
For me it has grown to be some bushy small leaves between main stem and the branches.
As for you jdub try to put the light closer at the top of the plant make sure not to burn it i guess you choose a hard strain as a started.
I would recommend you to get lowryder 2 strain if you want a dwarf stealthy grow and it grows under light all day - auto strain

Yes bud i can see a pre flower here but does it develop like a branch and the bud at the end of it or is it the bud itself i don't get it.

The preflowers don't develop any further. The actual buds are completely different. They develop at the end of branches. When the flowering hormones start, the branch ends stop making leaves and start to make feathery leaflets and then bundles of pistils appear.

Here's a good time-lapse. It might be a little further along in the process than you want, but it's pretty hypnotic viewing.
Marijuana Timelapse closeup of flower forming (60 days) - YouTube

Oh i see so i should wait till the little new branches finish their height and it will grow buds at the end of the branch by itself. Keeping it 12/12 to see what happens i guess i will have to watch the plant and learn :) one will be enough to fill the head with exp. p

It's a fascinating process!
What kind of lights are you using ? Bc for 9 weeks old I would have a 2 ft plant this was germ on may 22
420-magazine-mobile1272989798.jpg
C99
420-magazine-mobile1507132739.jpg
Blue dream
420-magazine-mobile604648169.jpg
C99 again topped once and then fimmed on topped branches

Back
Top Bottom