First Grow - Broken top - 8 weeks of veg & I need some guidance

Greenfing

Hi,

Ive been growing an unknown strain for 8 weeks now on a 18/6 light cycle, I started out without a plan, just topping here and there. When the plant became to bushy I started pruning and LSTing in an effort to make the canopy flat.

I was thinking i should cut the top two branches of the plant, then leave it for 2 weeks before i switch to 12/12 for bloom, but I just managed to break one of the top branches off during LST.

So, should I cut of the other one and allow the branches below more light? or should I just leave it like it is?

knekt.PNG
IMG_20170708_195050.jpg
IMG_20170708_170407.jpg

re: First Grow - Broken top - 8 weeks of veg & I need some guidance

Cannabis plants are very quick to repair their self it does not take them long I have a few strains that like to break under their wake up odds and they will heal their branches within 1 to 2 days it's up to you whether you cut the other one off or not

You can flower at any time the main thing is you have to worry about pipes because your plant will double and sometimes triple its size during flowering so you start to flower at about one-third of the size that you want your finished product

I have been bending the tops in half laying them horizontal reminds me of when farmer Giles is laying his hedge dyke,looks nice big fat fingers. you say unknown strain does that mean it came from regular seed or bag seed? regards

Hi,

Its a bag seed, any way of identifying the strain from the pictures?
Yeah thats what im thinking, ill bend the tops horizontal, then wait for the bottom branches to catch up and then try to do a small scrog:)
one more week and ill change to 12/12:)

420-magazine-mobile2019995885.jpg
the one in the blue pot is a white Bubba Kush pre 98 Bubba Kush mixed with the white but anyways this one has never been topped I put it through what I called torture training I took it and tied it entirely to the bucket and ran it all the way around the pot until it made a complete circle letting all the inside growth grow out versus letting it grow up all these that you see sticking up but one our side branches the one is a top branch this is the way that I keep them all even
420-magazine-mobile1123103018.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1000094159.jpg
420-magazine-mobile71358033.jpg

This happened to me about 2 weeks ago .... I was gently bending the main stem and she almost snapped right off ... she was hanging by a threat ... I didn't take the time to get a pic, I just put her back in place and used electrical tape and just look at her now :)
IMG_244427.JPG
IMG_244130.JPG

They heal very fast don't they no plant wants to die it's an instinct to live if it can fix the branch it can and will if not it will shut down all power to these branches and send the energy somewhere else that it can be used

Back
Top Bottom